1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Have You Been Brainwashed

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Aug 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Which is all fine and good- for you.
    I chose to reject what I was taught because I started to study on my own what truth lies at the base of both of our faiths.

I discovered what I was taught was not in that truth, but in which the leaders of the church decided that their "truth" was the
    "real" truth and not what was given to us by the Foundation of our faith.

Athenea likes this.
  2. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

To be honest. I know so many students who have parents who think they were "brainwashed" in college. Because? They now don't follow Mommy and Daddy and Pop Pop and Memah and the Church and Town's belief system anymore. They realize that everything in the UNIVERSE does center around Jesus. That, in reality, everyone does not spend every Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday night at "the Church". That, in the end, many Evangelical Christian Churches are corrupt but you dont see it until you have been outside for a while.

Look at Westboro. Kevin Smith had a mini war with them when he put out Red State (a decent comedy horror movie making fun of fundamentalists). Westboro picked a fight. With the exact WRONG dude. They protested. Kev counter protested. But Kev has a following and is a well-spoken hyper intelligent dude. They protested at an film festival, got counter protested by Kev, his crew and like half of a TOWN. They, Westboro, expected their normal "a few". Showed up to HUNDREDS in counter.

He then invited them to a screening, where he does a Q&A after. He even offered to cede the floor to them for the whole Q&A after. They accepted but, in WBC fashion? Left 10 minutes in after they got the publicity pop for being there at first, not thinking that Kev would spend the next THREE MONTHS mocking them as cowards on his podcasts. A bunch of Fred (the founder's) Grandkids though secretly had befriended Kev over the fight and many of them left WBC over Fred and their parent's antics when they realized it was little more than publicity and a borderline con game to get money. And very little real morality.

Dane likes this.
  3. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

WBC , even though they claim to be a Christian church, isn't.

It is a church that follows their own doctrine of hate and zero tolerance for anyone who doesn't believe what they do.

Some call them radical.
    Radical Christian is an oxymoron.

They, the pastor, has decided he is the only one with the "right" interpretation of God's word.

But we even that is warned about I think in Timothy.
    Interpretation is not open to just one man.
    It is different than the Nicolatians , which is the RCC. That is, interpretation is not to be done by any laity, but is to be done only by the cleric, who in turn tell the laity what is to be believed.

That too is warned against in the book of Revelation.

Athenea likes this.
  4. 333aaa

333aaa Account Deleted

i was...took awhile to found about my stupidity

5. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

6. Lian

Lian Friendly One

A large portion of USA is brainwashed. Wr saw fanatics attacking the Capitol, we see gun fanatics praising guns even if thefe has already been more than a hundred mass shooting this year alone, we see Woke trying to force their ideas, we see a Trans extremist group rising in USA on false allegations, we see brainwashed people on all sides of the political spectrum.
    And we have RuZZia and their brainwashed people refusing to acknolwedge the massacres of civilian population in Ukraine, who think the RuZZian barbarian hordes are there peacefully and that Ukrainians are evil for defending themselves.
    There are brainwashed people in every countries, in every groups, in every "race" or gender.

7. quinctilius

quinctilius Trusted Member

Its easy to know if you have been brainwashed if you find that you have strong axiomatic beliefs on topics that don't actually affect you or that don't hold up to evidence. Easy examples are "My country is the best country in the world", "Being gay is wrong", "An all powerful invisible being exists and takes great pains to avoid detection while also insisting everyone believes it exists or it will make you immortal and torture you eternally because it is pure goodness".

8. Pat Hotter

Pat Hotter Moderator Staff Member

If you visit this site odds are you are a free thinker as this subject is so off-centre that you haven't been brainwashed by societies (NORMS):cool:

Campfire84 likes this.
  9. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Come on, you can think of better examples than that. Or maybe you can't, because someone doesn't want you too.

10. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.