1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Good News Stories

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Insp Gadget, Nov 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janet

Janet Trusted.Member

How about -- I have not seen so many new SUVs, pickup trucks, and autos costing $30,000 and up on the roads, highways, and interstates in the Eastern United States in many years. Many of them Made in USA. Blame President Trump.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    Insp Gadget likes this.
  2. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I am going to assume that "batteries are not included". Or are these "ladies" rechargeable?

oldman681 and Insp Gadget like this.
  3. Janet

Janet Trusted.Member

Now that Trudeau is Prime Minister a joke I heard from a bi GF who vacationed in Toronto was: 'I got bi fucked so hard and often I couldn't sit down and could only swallow ice cream for three days.'

Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  4. Janet

Janet Trusted.Member

U.S. unemployment rate is down to 4.1%. Foreign nations are again respecting the USA. Blame President Trump.

5. Xoh1

Xoh1 Trusted Member

Hımm

6. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

7. Rubber duck 2

Rubber duck 2 Trusted.Member

Thank, this great show of kindness....and heart touching...

Brutus58 and Neophyte like this.
  8. INSWATCHER

INSWATCHER Trusted Member

this world and society does need love and care

Insp Gadget and Brutus58 like this.
  9. Neophyte

10. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Why can't we all just get along in our daily lives - like these folks in Ethiopia do ?

Everyone has their own interests in mind and their own places to go to - no signs, no traffic cops, no crashes, no fights, just good old individual common sense.

But we over here are oh so much more advanced than that. :)

11. Insp Gadget

The Tower of London has recently received its first newborn raven chicks in three decades !

[​IMG]

Tower of London Ravenmaster Chris Skaife holds the first baby raven to be hatched in the Tower in 30 years.

The Tower had recently acquired a pair of mating ravens, in the hopes that they'd produce a chick — but Chris didn't expect them to do their duty so quickly.

"To be honest with you, it was a bit of a shock for me," he said. "I went down one morning and the female raven had built this huge nest and it kind of took me by surprise."

Skaife also said he made sure the breeding pair were given a perimeter of privacy to let nature take its course. And before he knew it, the couple had built a nest which was soon occupied by eggs, and later the sound of chirping.

https://www.travelandleisure.com/animals/new-raven-chicks-hatch-at-the-tower-of-london-for-first-time-in-30-years

Brutus58 likes this.
  12. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

I can send them all the ravens they want - I'm surrounded by the bloody things

:mad:

Insp Gadget and Brutus58 like this.
  13. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Luckily I only have to deal with crows and blackbirds.

Insp Gadget likes this.
  14. Insp Gadget

For all our American and Australian members (you know who you are) - GOOD NEWS - Arronmore Island Wants You !

Yes, it's true - A Beach Paradise Beckons You ...

[​IMG]

( No offers for Canadians ?! :) )

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Brutus58 likes this.
  15. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

Today, the first mass was held at the Cathedral of Notre Dame in Paris since the centuries-old church was ravaged by fire in April.

[​IMG]

Priests wearing hard hats led the service in the Chapel of the Virgin, along with a small number of worshippers, construction workers, and members of the media. The congregation was limited to thirty , all in protective headgear.

[​IMG]

SecretWishes, Brutus58 and oldman681 like this.
  16. Neophyte

Chloe-Dorsey-Rescuing-Deer-Chloe-Dorsey-Youtube-Screenshot-533x261.jpg
    This Georgia woman is about to get her own superhero movie after she came to the rescue of a doe in distress—not once, but twice in just a matter of minutes.
    Chloe Dorsey had been out for a morning jog in Stone Mountain Park last week when she came across a deer that had gotten its hips stuck in between the bars of a metal fence.
    Since she was unable to help the critter push through the rungs, Dorsey managed to pull the two poles apart so it could run free.
    To Dorsey’s exasperation, however, the doe only ran several hundred more feet before it got stuck in between the bars of yet another fence.

17. Neophyte

18. Insp Gadget

It’s Friday, so how about something light.

So, here are a couple of guys who took an Amish buggy and strapped a jet engine onto the back of it. Why not ?

[​IMG]

The two men behind the rocket buggy live somewhere in Amish country and are apparently racing enthusiasts.

[​IMG]

One of the two bought a jet engine online by mistake (he thought it was “turbo shaft”, but it was “turbo jet”, whatever that means).

[​IMG]

In practice this means it wouldn’t work on a heavier vehicle (he had originally planned to attach it to a truck).

Living in “the Amish capital of the world” (going by the buggy I’m guessing he means Holmes County), he decided “an Amish buggy would be perfect” for the engine.

Brutus58 and Neophyte like this.
  19. Insp Gadget

In a historic first, two NASA astronauts have embarked on the first all-female space walk .

Last Friday, Christina Koch and Jessica Meir floated feet-first out of the International Space Station’s (ISS) Quest airlock, tasked with replacing a failed power control unit.

Down-to-Earth trivia : The spacewalk took place seven months after the original planned date, because the ISS had only one medium-sized spacesuit on board. So the agency sent up a second medium spacesuit earlier in October.

Brutus58 likes this.
  20. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

A "medium" in space is what size on earth? A size #3?

Insp Gadget likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.