1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

God

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Carol, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carol

Carol Trusted.Member

Bless the United States of America

2. TNAV49

TNAV49 Trusted Member

Amen!

3. Jow

Jow Trusted Member

Agreed. This was a great thread.

4. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

I don't believe in 'God'. Why? If he was perfect, his creation would have been perfect. Yet, the world is FAR from perfect.

5. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Stipulate "it" does. "it" is so far above us it does not know, register or care what we do.

curiousFred and MilaHot like this.
  6. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

That is an interesting theory. But someone that was 'far above us' should have a sense of what is 'Good' and 'Bad'.

curiousFred likes this.
  7. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

You are not talking about "God" then. You are talking about Religion.

curiousFred likes this.
  8. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

His creation(s) were perfect.
    He imparted "Free Will" unto everything and everyone. But that Free Will was abused by the receivers.

curiousFred and TNAV49 like this.
  9. changoTor

changoTor Trusted Member

Science is my god.

lurkorn, Incs and whitecoffee1 like this.
  10. Valerian

Valerian Account Deleted

Anybody who claims they know anything about the existence of God is either a fool or a liar.

That goes for people who say they know God exist and people who say they know God don`t exist.

11. whitecoffee1

whitecoffee1 Moderator Staff Member

Knowledge is demonstrable. "If you know it ... you can show it.".

Djole and pussycat like this.
  12. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

That is why it is impossible to argue with an atheist.

Prove you hate or love someone. Can't do it can you?
    Prove you feel bad, or feel pain. Can't prove that either.

Heck, prove you even exist!

Try proving to a Republican in Arizona that Biden won without cheating. Go ahead-try. They will not accept anything else.

One cannot prove something to someone who has already made up their mind that something isn't.

curiousFred likes this.
  13. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Its not 'religion' that created the world, but 'God'. And yes, I do not believe in 'God'. I believe there is something, somewhere. But not God, Allah or Zeus or Odin or any of these lol

curiousFred likes this.
  14. Valerian

Valerian Account Deleted

You can say the same thing about Christians and all the religions and Gods they don`t belive in.

I am willing to be open to the possibility that God does exist, are you willing to be open to the possibility that God does not exist.?

Incs, whitecoffee1 and Dane like this.
  15. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I agree, I wasn't stating only atheist are that way, I used atheist as since they don't believe, one can't prove God exists,
    or any other deity.

I was at one time.

I believed that there was an afterlife, made up of 2 realms. One was of all the consciousness of the
    good people, the other of evil people.
    Then I thought maybe as you do, that there is no deity at all, once you're dead,
    that's it. No everlasting anything. One just doesn't exist anymore.

I am going to state something you may scoff at me about.

God has proven himself real and true to me personally.

Now, before you laugh, remember how many millions of believers have said the same thing.
    Multitudes have said there is no God, but later became believers.
    Most all say, "He revealed Himself to me".
    It's never to "us".

Just a side note:
    Monotheism incorporates the majority of the world's population.
    More than 4.4 billion out of 7.9 billion people believe in God as the only god.

curiousFred likes this.
  16. Valerian

Valerian Account Deleted

Just because many people belive something don`t mean they what they belive is true.

And no you can`t prove that God exist no more than i can prove that God does not exist.

But you know if i am wrong, i would really love to know how God proved himself to be real to you.

Also its kind of funny that you say its impossible to discuss with an atheists, when you have just said you are not willing to consider that you could be wrong, which means that its impossible to discuss God with you.

curiousFred and Dane like this.
  17. sockpuppet

sockpuppet Trusted.Member

Is a concept.

18. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I don't disagree with that. Whatever they believe is true to them. At that time at least.

That is something I am willing to discuss in a PM.
    That is something most true believers hold as very personal. I don't mind sharing it, but not in a thread that
    would definitely spark a ton of posts that may lead to arguments instead of cordial discussion.
    That would not benefit the Forum in any way.

I should have been more clear, that's my fault.

I have had that conversation a few times before, and it has always led to the atheist believing the believer is weak in mind.
    The hard core atheist (or un-believer) cannot understand the relationship one can have with God.
    They have un-movingly convinced themselves that all religions are either about power and/or money.
    And they are un-willing to accept any other viewpoint is for them.

Even famous orators in all of the large religions have expressed the inability to convince an atheist without great
    time and effort. Most would prefer to spread their truth to those who are willing to listen. Which makes sense.
    Quote (paraphrased) "A heart that is closed to the presence of God, is both a hardened heart by one's own will
    and God's allowance of that will."

19. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

May I expand that last post's quote. I think it needs an expanded explanation.

"A heart that is closed to the presence of God, is both a hardened heart by one's own will
    and God's allowance of that will."

God hardens in such a way that He uses the person’s own will for the executing of His judgment.
    God accepts that the individual’s will against Him is definitive. He allows them then to have a
    permanently hardened heart.

(Even God gives up trying after so many tries and the unbeliever rejects and disavows to accept Him).

20. Downnhill

Downnhill Trusted.Member

Just for the joke...

Why is it always "God bless USA"?

Why it can't be like... "God bless Zimbabwe"?

I would rather say "God(s) bless planet Earth"

curiousFred, lurkorn and Dane like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.