1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Envronmentalist Crap

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by buffyfan, Jul 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

We hit on this in another post. Then THIS happened today. So to lay out how my family lives. We (I now) own 300 acres of land. On one end is one of the bars, the first FIL opened. The other the firm. Each has an entrance and a gate further back with a road and a path. That path leads to where we all live. It is a freaking compound. Each new "member family", meaning someone gets married, we build a house there for them. So it is now Tay and my Oldest Daughter's turn.

Some environmentalist tried to sue, in town court, that to do that we would have to take down more trees. And they wanted to block that because the woods, to be clear of that 300, 280+ is still WOODS like fire rounds to scare bears away woods, should not be sullied further. And I should surrender all but the strip that is the road, homes and businesses as CONSERVATION LANDS! The court literally told them "Look. I technically work for him. Why the hell did you even sue him here. You remember he is the MAYOR right? But some advice before I dismiss this here because every part of this town's court has to recuse themselves here. You will not win. That land belongs to HIM. Not "nature". That said? Over 90% of it is still woods. And unless someone discharges a weapon CLOSE to the houses, road businesses? He does not care who wanders it. Just keep it clean and again, no chance of a stray round hitting his shit or someone. You will likely LOSE in any court!".

Dane and Neophyte like this.
  2. TittyKitty

TittyKitty Communudist Catgirl

I am a big fan of environmentalist crap, but this person sounds like they're desperately looking for something to do "for the planet" and not starting with their own lives.

Incs, MilaHot and Rubber duck 2 like this.
  3. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

70 years old.

4. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Funny how the enviro's think.

My SiL's father is the same way.

They purchased 160 acres of wooded land that they cleared for share-cropping. Built 3 houses on the property for family.

When a contractor wanted to purchase about 30 acres of grassland down the road for a small subdivision (45 homes if I remember)
    he was vehemently against it.

"They need to stop this Urban Sprawl!" was his response when I was over and we were watching the news (during a family gathering).

So I said, "Just like what you did here, right?". His wife laughed. He didn't think it was funny at all.

Incs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.