1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Do you think incestuous relationships will ever be legally protected?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by GrWalton, Feb 14, 2023.

1. GrWalton

GrWalton New Member

As long as the parties involved are legally consenting adults, will the law ever be changed to allow for this barrier to be broken?

dogs and Anon1890 like this.
  2. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Nope, never will be.

Niknak likes this.
  3. Gatoroton

Gatoroton Account Deleted

4. TittyKitty

TittyKitty Communudist Catgirl

I have high hopes that all legal discrimination against consenting adults will eventually be overturned, but it's a long road until that becomes the norm. :(

5. JandO

JandO Wifom/Huson Lifestyle

But that's just legal about sex. Discrimination, prejudice and stigmatization against incest are still not prohibited at any legal level. So when incestuous people's secrets are exposed, even if they can avoid being arrested, they will face disgust, exclusion, humiliation from other relatives, friends or colleagues. The ending is often that they have to leave the place of residence, flee to a strange place and start a helpless life, or even commit suicide due to unbearable pressure-it's not much better than going to prison.

6. ChristianGallagher1

ChristianGallagher1 Trusted Member

Realistically never, even if some laws changed, people just can't mind their business about what other consenting adutlts do

james9999962 likes this.
  7. RedLion

RedLion Trusted Member

Will they be protected? No. Should they be? Yes if we are talking about adults.

8. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

The problem is this. The 1st Amendment. And a FLAWED application of it where we don't keep religious crap out of law.

Can anyone give me a LEGAL REASON for Incest to be illegal. Not moral. Because Moral will track back to the MORALS your RELIGION instated at some point.

Same with Polygamy. It is the RELIGIOUS crap of ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN UNDER GOD that we let define it that keeps that illegal. As long as the parties are of reasonable consent age (ADULTS)? WTF cares if more than 2 people or direct relatives?

9. RedLion

RedLion Trusted Member

Salus populi suprema lex esto

Translation: Safety of the people be the supreme law

This is an English only forum. Please post in English or provide an English translation.

They will always lean on this when their ideals are challenged.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2023
  10. Axl69

Axl69 Trusted.Member

En France quand the personns involded in an incestuous relationship are over 18, there’s no legal persecussion

kandaskan and Charles Fourier like this.
  11. Mirabell

Mirabell Trusted.Member

I don't think it will ever be legal (where it's illegal).
    I think that's a shame. Why should people be forbidden to have sex with each other? Whether related or not.
    I know the genetics argument.
    But how many actually do incest? And those who do, often do it just for fun and not because they're in a real relationship. This means that many do not want children with their relatives at all.

And those who want it shouldn't matter arithmetically.

I think people should be allowed to sleep with whoever they want. Those who really want it do it anyway. Only secretly.

12. TittyKitty

TittyKitty Communudist Catgirl

This might not be the right place to pose the question, but... Devil's advocate style...

Comparing with animal populations that regularly (but not preferentially) inbreed, Is it possible that we have so many bad alleles in the population BECAUSE of the prohibition on incest?

13. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

And that genetics argument is, from many MODERN geneticists, flawed. IMS. That is based on observations like the Hapsbergs. Like the Iberian line and their chin. Etc.

14. Raddis

Raddis Trusted Member

I think it depends on the age and how far (or close) the family relation goes. In many countries, cousin marriages is actually common.

15. kiraspussy1

kiraspussy1 Trusted Member

in North America, No

16. elmud

elmud Trusted Member

Not in any western country timeline, unfortunately the reality is theres too much of a dark side to it for it ever to legally protected.

17. Aptitude

Aptitude Account Deleted

No, never.

18. dutifulson

dutifulson Account Deleted

I would love to be, but I don’t think it will happen where I live.

19. Isell meuvrga

Isell meuvrga Trusted Member

No i don't think so

20. asadbepis

asadbepis Trusted Member

It'd have to be like, a huge new-wave free love movement and "incest" would have to be a much, much smaller component of it. That's really far fetched and I'm not banking on it either, but man shit is weird right now, who knows what the next couple years could hold.