1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Do you think consensual incest will ever be legalized in all 50 states?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by TNAV49, Sep 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

It will never be legalized

orly6666 likes this.
  2. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

I remember differently. The Bishops and such under Henry the VIII and later were the equivalent of Nobility. Cranmer had the effective power of a Duke. Parliaments were nobles and high ranking clergy.

3. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Yeah, that's the problem with you old farts, just can't remember properly!:rolleyes::eek::D

4. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

By I remember differently I mean Doctors of European history and English History have shown me documents that say differently. Are you saying that the Bishops were not in the Parliaments in Henry and Elizabeth I times? Cranmer had people burned or executed through courts him and his ran pretty unilaterally.

5. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Nope, not saying that at all.
    I was being facetious. (did you not notice the ":rolleyes::eek::D"? )

6. Iliad2

Iliad2 Trusted Member

7. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

No, because USA prefer to remove rights rather than give new rights

8. Star_of_sea

Star_of_sea Collector of ephemeral moments.

In Spain incest is no longer a crime since 1978, but there is still a great rejection by society. In your country you can legalise incest, but the problem would be the same, after so many years of rejecting incest, a law would not change the feelings of society in general.

Akbloke, Incs and orly6666 like this.
  9. Cal

Cal Bisexual, Middle, Poly and Furry

with all the stigma of Rape and misinformation from Media, Furries have a better chance at being accepted in society than Family Love.

and you know what? that's ok... because i know there are people out there who feel just as passionate about Family Love as i am, because this forum exists.

i dont need the world's approval and acceptance, and neither should any of of you, love who you love, anybody that disagrees with that? in the words of the late George Carlin; "Fuck'em!"

10. Star_of_sea

I do not agree. Human beings are social beings and need not only to live in a society, but to be accepted by that society. In society we have many different roles, daughter, friend, cousin, granddaughter, student, driver, neighbour... and in each of these groups we need the acceptance and approval of others.

Personally I think that although it is a utopian and beautiful ideal to be a certain way and to expose your deepest thoughts publicly, but in reality it is an impossible idea, because very few people would be able to live away from society. We need society, we need to belong to one or more social groups. Only in places like Dream we can free ourselves from all our daily protective armour and expose ourselves with the weakness of the nakedness of our most hidden feelings to others.

Therefore, when we have a secret like loving a person of your family, we do not expose it in a clear and forceful way, because we know beforehand the total and absolute rejection of which we would be object, being deprived of all that social contact so necessary for our growth and evolution as human beings. We understand the public limitations that our relationship entails, we envy couples who publicly show their love, we long for a society that does not judge us only by morbidity or disgust and our refuge from the rejection of this society that would never understand the intensity of our feelings, is the intimacy of our home, the silence of our hearts in love and the warmth of the skin of the person you love.

As opposed to the quote you have commented on from George Carlin, it is my preference to bring these two quotes:

"A woman's heart is an ocean of secrets", Gloria Stuart (1910-2010).

"Who art thou, that thus, wrapped in the night, thou so surprisest my secrets?", "Romeo and Juliet", William Shakespeare (1564-1616).

Akbloke and Rubber duck 2 like this.
  11. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

Concise and to the point Star. I totally agree with you on this: You can legalise something, however, that does not mean that all of society will accept it and embrace it.

Dane and Star_of_sea like this.
  12. Spahetti

Spahetti Account Deleted

I really doubt it, where do you draw the line between grooming and consensual?

13. Lian

Lian Friendly One

I don't thin it will ever be accepted, no

14. Star_of_sea

There is no preparation, you either feel love or you don't feel love. Love is a feeling, not a thought. You must feel love and it must be born in a spontaneous and natural way, there is no way to make love be born artificially and by forcing it. For that reason, your heart chooses only one person out of more than 7,000,000,000 people who inhabit this world.

If you have a relationship with a relative and that relationship does not make you free. If a relationship with a relative or non-relative takes away your freedom, it is preferable to leave it. A relationship should enrich you as a human being, it should respect your life, your studies, your friends, your way of expressing your youth. A relationship should complete what you already have, make you enjoy life more. But if that person wants to limit your freedom and relationships with others, exposing issues such as jealousy or unconditional love and therefore wants to lock you up at home and make you his or her exclusive property, then there is no toxic relationship.

The one who truly loves you will set you free.

The one who truly loves you will make you happy.

The one who truly loves you will respect you.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
  15. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Age of understanding.

If a son/daughter initiates it, it is consensual.

If a mother or father initiates it before "maturity adulthood", (which age varies with the individual) then it is grooming.

Star_of_sea likes this.
  16. Nephew001

Nephew001 Account Deleted

As long as they are responsible consenting adults, I see no reason why incest shouldn't be legal.
    Its unlikely ever that incest will ever be considered legal.. Some States though do allow you to marry your second cousin I believe..

Star_of_sea likes this.
  17. Kimmyh

Kimmyh Trusted Member

I personally think it should be, but I doubt it ever will be, it'd have to become socially acceptable before they'd even consider it, and I don't see that happening

Star_of_sea likes this.
  18. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Most states allow marriage between 2nd cousins, a few state allow marriage between 1st cousins.

Nephew001 likes this.
  19. Nephew001

Nephew001 Account Deleted

They should expand that to Uncles and Aunt's..

Neophyte likes this.
  20. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

It would be nice to be allowed to marry anyone you want, but that is a pipedream and won't happen anytime soon. There are too many ways such a law could be abused, so its best not to have it at all. People will have to change intellectually for it to be possible, and that would take an indeterminable number of generations.

Star_of_sea, Dane and Nephew001 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.