1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Do you think consensual incest will ever be legalized in all 50 states?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by TNAV49, Sep 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

It is genetic. They just didnt know it. In SMALL TRIBES? The bloodline mixes a lot and weakens. Eventually one of two things happen. 1. New Blood Joins the Herd (and quickly is subdued, sorry could not resist the Metallica line) and the genetic weakness is mitigated. Or? The bloodline becomes SO intermingled that bad recessives become prominent.

2. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Actually genetics works itself out. Those with faulty genes die off. Lets say you're in a tribe and you have an exceptional daughter. Now everyone else in the tribe must contend with the father, any brothers, and then others that are close, before they even can associate with the girl. In a competition for making offspring, getting rid of the immediate contenders become paramount.

3. /-..

/-.. Trusted Member

> As I stated in another thread, it is very possible that incest will be acceptable World Wide in our lifetime.

I'm curious as to what your reasons are.

To me, none of the reasons for the taboo are fundamentally different; yes, we have birth control, but it's opt-in and not foolproof. There are still issues of power differentials, even putting aside issues of consent. There's still a high "squick" factor that is ingrained in most people by virtue of biology, and biology enforces the taboo via the Westermarck effect.

Dane likes this.
  4. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I did a PM for invite to discussion current ongoing Conversation for reasons asked about.

5. Miss de Sade

Miss de Sade Trusted Member

As long as Christian religious morality is strong it is not.
    People are deceived.
    Sometimes priests are the most unscrupulous.
    If religion were to cease, it would be easier.

6. trisha9187

trisha9187 Trusted Member

if religion were to cease, a LOT of things would be easier. ha!

Dad's toy, Akbloke and Incs like this.
  7. HaloMaster

HaloMaster Trusted Member

true, i feel like alot of social issues would be solved if religion didnt keep getting in the way

Incs likes this.
  8. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Keep getting the way how??, Like for stealing, murdering, Lying, etc. you know, like the 10 Commandments stuff?

9. buffyfan

That Gay Marriage being a SIN has nothing to do with law. That individual life does not begin at "conception", legally, because the CHURCH said so years ago.

My favorite, isolated case mind you, was the Wiccan Church who got denied a building permit sayingthe area was not zoned for religious temples. A Catholic Church was built a YEAR EARLIER a block away. The Wiccans were told when they called that out "WE ARE A CHRISTIAN TOWN SO WE GAVE THEM A VARIANCE! NOT YOU! TOO BAD!".

10. Neophyte

Without the influence of the Christian Church, modern Western Culture would most likely resemble Ancient Rome.

Dane likes this.
  11. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

The "CHURCH" as you call it, if you mean Christianity, I am presuming that is what you mean, is only expressing that life
    begins at conception. I don't give a flying fuck what anything is said about it when "legality" is injected.

Any one with any sense of morality understands that a life begins at conceptions. Not just only when it can survive
    on it's own. No matter what "church" or religion states it.

If "life" only begins at birth, or at the development when it can survive outside the womb,
    as the Pro Choice people claims, then everyone who is on Life Support at the hospital is not "life".

If abortion is legal because the law of man claims an unborn being isn't "life" as it can't survive outside the womb,
    then it should be 100% legal to kill anyone on Life support as they don't fit the definition of "life" per the claims
    of the Pro Choice crowd.

It isn't about religion at all. It's about whether one has a correct moral sense of what constitutes a civil human existence.

You, above all members here, knows that would not stand up in court, no matter the level of legal court, even at
    the first tier of a local court.

So just because some ignorant local government board or official does something unlawful, doesn't add to your
    arguement at all.
    You know that.

12. Neophyte

Liberals don't understand the meaning of Morality. They feel since they don't understand it, they don't have to follow it. They know what the definition of Morality is, they just don't think its important.

Dane likes this.
  13. buffyfan

Actually, on the first part. Take sperm and an egg. Put it in a tube. Dont give it outside nutrients. Dont "incubate it". See if it develops "independently" as "common sense" and "morals". We live in a world of LAWS not morals. And just to add, when someone is incapacitated and the doctor says "They likely wont live without the machines"? Next of Kin is asked "should we continue". And they can CHOOSE to or not.

As to the second one? It actually did stand in the town council and local court. The judge had the stones to say basically the same thing. "We are a CHRISTIAN TOWN.". It failed (over 100k in legal fees later) in State Court. Because religion was more important that law.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
    Incs likes this.
  14. buffyfan

Conservatives complain about teen pregnancy rates. Then INSIST health class be "Abstinence Only". Support situations where the only pharmacies within 1/2 an hour will "only sell Birth Control pills TO MARRIED WOMEN" or dont sell them at all for "moral reasons". Same Conservatives support same pharmacy owners who refuse to sell condoms to teens or at all. None of those are "morals" they are "church teachings that Birth Control is a SIN" and "Sex before Marriage is a SIN".

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
    Incs likes this.
  15. ILoveMyMom

ILoveMyMom Account Deleted

Incs likes this.
  16. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I have talked with many pastors of Christians churches. None of them have ever said, or agreed, that "abstinence only"
    was anything that only be taught in teaching sex-ed.

They do insist, that abstinence be taught as the best way of one's sex life before marriage. They are not
    stupid and they fully know almost everyone has sex before marriage, they just don't want it skipped,
    and like in my classes of sex ed in a public school, abstinence was looked upon as a joke, not to be
    taken into consideration at all.

The "Church" does not teach birth control is a sin.

The RCC teaches that. And they are not the "Church" no matter what they claim.

17. atomicmango51

atomicmango51 New Member

18. /-..

/-.. Trusted Member

The plural of anecdote is not "data".

Then why insist on it in the face of reality?

By the numbers, the RCC is the largest branch of Christianity, with about 1/3 more global members than the Protestants. If anyone has claim to be "the" Christian church, it's the RCC.

Incs likes this.
  19. Dad's toy

Dad's toy Trusted.Member

As long as the fucking puritans are running thigs never gonna happen.

toy

Incs and orly6666 like this.
  20. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

My statement.
    "I have talked with many pastors of Christians churches. None of them have ever said, or agreed, that "abstinence only"
    was anything that only be taught in teaching sex-ed."

Is not an anecdote and is not funny. Yes it is "data" that I have obtained myself from Church Pastors and the Principals of Christian Schools.

Why insist that Darwinism be taught if Creationism is taught? That's what those who think like you did.
    So why is Abstinence, which is the ONLY 100% effective birth control and protection against STDs, as you stated,
    against the "face of reality"? and not to be taught along the use of birth control?

Why is the claim of the RCC as the Only True Christian Church a valid claim because they have the largest numbers of
    any ONE Church? Of the admitted Christians in the world, the RCC is 1/3 of the population. You conveniently left out
    that means 2/3 of the Christian Church IS NOT of the RCC.

So the claim of 2/3 would override the claim of 1/3 if in your reasoning was to be applied. Therefor making your statement invalid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.