1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Do you believe in climate change?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Hatham, Jan 12, 2020.

1. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Funy to see someone talking about 'illegal people' coming in when USA was created by people colonizing others' lands without asking first.. lol
    Ironic, isn't it?

2. Charles Fourier

Charles Fourier Proud incest advocate

And nearly genocide the native population as well.

3. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Nothing new there, we've been doing it since we decided we liked their watering hole better than ours.

4. texasj65

texasj65 Deviant Extraordinaire

I'm in an interracial marriage, with a biracial kid, but you keep on painting with that wide brush and being wrong.

5. texasj65

Every society has conquered the previous residents. We are just the new kids on the block.

Jumpit and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Ausstde

Ausstde Account Deleted

Well see back then THEY were the illegal people they don't want a reverse of it lol

7. pussycat

I'm sure they have our sympathies.

MilaHot likes this.
  8. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

The fact you say 'interracial' is a misconception. Interracial would be like two different species having an affair. But for Humans, its just one race.

9. texasj65

Low shot from a mod, but from you, I'm not surprised. I wonder if the rest of the mod crew would approve, but this isn't the same place it used to be, so nothing will shock me.

10. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Yes, its not like we have electric cars and stuff, after all... xD

Charles Fourier likes this.
  11. pussycat

I don't know if your on-line persona is an invention, or a reflection of what you are in life.
    Whichever it is, you don't present as a very pleasant individual at times. You might expect some push back.
    Developing a sense of humour would also be an asset.

However, you are quite correct that this is not the place it used to be. We are an inclusive forum in which all opinions are welcomed, even yours, and even the ones to which you might take exception.

Jumpit and changoTor like this.
  12. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Old saying, but 100% right

Per many writings including the Bible.

Race isn't about a difference in Color.

Race is a difference in Culture.

13. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Name a spot on the Earth that hasn't been colonized by someone else at one time or another. Its happened before and most likely will happen again.

Jumpit likes this.
  14. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

I know, that's why I am saying that its ironic that the other guy is super hostile toward immigrants when Humanity is that, an immigrant people.

15. Neophyte

There is a difference between colonization and immigration. Colonization you take your culture with you, immigration you join the culture that is already there. If you refuse to join the existing culture you are colonizers, and you succeed or fail by how the existing people defend themselves. Colonizers aren't evil, defending people aren't evil. But those of the defending people that betray their own people are evil.

Jumpit likes this.
  16. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Well, for the Natives, the Colonizers sure seemed evil, though. Because European settlers did force their cultures on the locals, without caring for their own culture. Some even gave the Natives stuff that belonged to people with diseases, to spread the diseases among the Natives. 90 to 95% of the Natives died since the European settled in the Americas. So yes, Colonizers can be evil.

17. Neophyte

If you go back further into history, the Natives that you are speaking of were colonizers too. The native tribes have been taking over each others territory for centuries. And if you go back further, the colonizers from Asia took over the Americas, and further still colonizers from other areas went back and forth through Asia. Everybody has colonized everywhere. So you decided to pick one particular case out of thousands.

Jumpit likes this.
  18. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

But the Natives didn't try to exterminate the people that could have been there before them. In fact, when the Natives crossed the Bering Strait, there was no one else in the Americas then. So yeah, they colonized an empty land

19. Neophyte

Tell that to the Iroquois and the Algonquins. You need to learn more about Native American history before you make your claims.

Jumpit likes this.
  20. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

My mother is from an Algonquin tribe lol. When the Natives crossed the Bering Strait, at the origins, there was no one else. But sure, those that settled formed their tribes, and the tribes fought among themselves, yes. Where there are Humans there are wars lol. I do know my Native American history :p

So before telling me to learn more, to educate myself, you have to make sure you read my post correctly. The Algonquians and Iroquois, also, were not trying to wipe each other out, in their wars. It was a custom, for them, to adopt the captives.

So I redirect that affirmation to you about 'you need to learn more about Native American history' :p

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2021
    Charles Fourier likes this.