1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Do you believe in climate change?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Hatham, Jan 12, 2020.

1. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Agreed. We slid off topic.

2. Danny taylor

Danny taylor Trusted Member

I believe there is climate change. I have seen it in my lifetime.

Can humans do anything to slow it or change it?

I seriously doubt it since already 50% of the population disagrees with me.

rey2016meza likes this.
  3. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Dane and Bigmike09 like this.
  4. rey2016meza

rey2016meza Moderator Staff Member

Of course. I'm from Medellín. When I was a kid the temperature was 22°C. Right now it's 30°C.

as1000vc likes this.
  5. punkboi724

punkboi724 Trusted Member

As we enter yet another wildfire season, as people collapse in California from crushing heatwaves, as people die in Oregon from lack of A/C, as the west coast gets wrapped in flame -every single year- and not that long after a wildfire that enveloped all of Australia... Yes. I think we're fucking the planet and I think a lot of people and animals and plants are going to suffer for our myopia.

Incs likes this.
  6. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

To the Evangelicals who believe the prophetics of End Times.
    The changes are not a surprise, but expected.

In fact, if you think it's hot now- just wait some more years, you'll wish is was like today.

Same for famines and pestilence.

7. Daddyrob

Daddyrob New Member

Nope lol

8. McMadow

McMadow Trusted Member

We have got data that proves that the rise of temperature on a global scale drastically increased since the industrialization and the burning of different fossil fuels (coal at the start, oil and gas nowerdays) on a massive scale.

as1000vc likes this.
  9. Neophyte

We have proof that the temperature is higher in areas where cactus grows, does that mean cacti causes high temperatures.

Dane likes this.
  10. McMadow

McMadow Trusted Member

Thats why I talk about the global scale and not local temperatures

11. Neophyte

The point is not temperature. The point is correlation does not mean causation. Just because the temperature rose during the Industrial Age is not proof that the Industrial Age caused the temperature to go up. They just both happened at the same time. It could be the temperature going up caused the Industrial Age. It could be a third factor caused both. You don't know for sure which caused what without research, research that the Climate Change Advocates are dead set on suppressing.

Dracoa and Dane like this.
  12. McMadow

McMadow Trusted Member

Ok, then lets start with what is proven:
    -The anomalous rise of temperature starts at the same time as the industrial revolution.
    -Since the start of the industrial revolution the CO2 level in our atmosphere did more than double (https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/global-warming/last-1000-years)
    -CO2 and H2O are the only mayor components of our atmosphere which are not permeable to the infrared heat rays of our planet but absorb and reflect them.(https://news.climate.columbia.edu/2019/07/30/co2-drives-global-warming/)

Ergo the rise in CO2 is most likely to be the perpetrator of global warming and if our rapid burning of different fossil fuels over the last 300years is not the source of this than we must at least search, find and stop the real source.

The only natural process of CO2 emissions which comes to my mind at the moment would be volcanic activity in a dimension which would be very noticable for everyone.

13. Neophyte

You failed to mention that the current temperature rise started before the rise in CO2. In fact the rising levels of CO2 has lagged behind rising temperatures by several years. The temperature goes up, then CO2 levels go up, not the other way around.

Also increase solar radiation will cause an increase in global temperatures and it has been proven that the sun has been outputting higher radiation over the affected period. This radiation does two things, one is more heat is directed at the Earth, and the higher radiation causes increase cloud formation which reflects infrared heat back down to Earth.

A major source of CO2 is animal respiration, animals including microscopic organism, the total of which constitutes a very large number. Also a major source of CO2 and methane is vegetable matter decomposition. All the plants that die and starts to decompose releases large amounts of CO2 and methane. I'm not saying CO2 causes global warming, I'm saying there are other sources of CO2.

Global Warming Activist consciously ignore these scientific facts, because it doesn't fit their global agenda. Talk about inconvenient truths.

Dracoa likes this.
  14. McMadow

McMadow Trusted Member

Before I answer this, could you send a few sources to read about this?

And these other sources for CO2 and methan you named, they are also artificial/manmade, at least in an amount that matters to this debate, the real rise in CO2 and methan output by plant matter decomposition and animal herding was caused by the so called agricultural revolution between mid-17th and late 19th century which led to a massive increase in food output and animal husbandry and is said to kickstart the industrial revolution. (https://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/empire_seapower/agricultural_revolution_01.shtml)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  15. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I'll have to try to find the article, but the latest discovery of CO2 output is ocean-bottom vents which have been
    calculated as spewing thousands of metric tons per day, and have been for quite some time.

The discovery surmised they are the biggest contributor to CO2 emissions ever known. Even dwarfing anything
    man-made or volcanic made.

16. JoshuaMN

JoshuaMN Trusted.Member

yes I believe in climate change. Do i think humans are at fault? Yes. But we are not the only cause of it. The earth has many cycles in it weather over the eons. Hence the reason for multiple Ice ages. If we look at the last few years we have been braking records all over the world for cold and hot. the western and central United states has been in a worsening drought for over 20 years. Leading to terrible wild land fires. Huge chunks of Europe and China are seeing record breaking flooding. The polar caps are melting at an ever growing rate. which is soon to lead to most coastal areas flooding permanently. Many places in the united states are going to soon (with in 5 to 10 years) have to start evacuating due to lack of fresh water. I think that anything we as humans can do to lessen our impact on the environment is a great thing to do. However as long as we allow the mega corporations to have a strangle hold on power and wealth. We normal folks cant do a lot to fix our impact on our planet. corporate greed is killing us in more ways than just climate. Also if we reallocated all the effort spent on the drug war, worrying about who is having sex with who, and all the micromanaging of peoples lives. Ie the dumb laws like what color you paint your house or who built a shed / garden in your own back yard. or walked outside naked. We could use all those resources to cover real problems like climate change, homelessness, starving people. The United state bills it self as this shining beacon to the world of how to live. Witch is total bull shit. While I love my country we have fucked ourselves and the world for many reasons. Hell if we just took all the money we spent with the many wars in the middle east and spent it on green energy by now the USA would be using 100% green energy

family1st, Incs and whitecoffee1 like this.
  17. Neophyte

Humans may change the ratio of animals and the species of animals, but they don't change the number of animals. And the majority of animal biomass are in nematodes, which humans don't do anything with except using some of the bigger ones for fishing. The second biggest animal biomass is in insects. Large animals like cows, pigs, chickens and other food animals are a very small fraction of the CO2 producing animals on Earth. And plants grow and die all the time with or without human help, and once they die they decompose.

https://principia-scientific.com/atmospheric-carbon-dioxide-lags-temperature-the-proof/

18. McMadow

McMadow Trusted Member

Seems legit enough and I‘m currently lacking the knowledge/information to outright refute it, but it still doesn’t change the fact that we are living in a time of rising temperatures and changing climate patterns, manmade or not. And without sufficient adaption this will be disastrous for our current way of life.

Dane likes this.
  19. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Agree 100% and like I posted earlier, we need to adapt! Not tax everyone so only governments and the politicians
    get richer all the while not doing anything to help us all.

JoshuaMN likes this.
  20. Redzio

Redzio Shirka Red

Climate change is real there isn't really a question about that.