1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by myeroticid, Mar 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

2. Neophyte

3. Neophyte

4. Neophyte

Brutus58 likes this.
  5. Neophyte

Brutus58 likes this.
  6. Neophyte

The Liberals are trying to use this pandemic to enact their social engineering. If they are not stopped, the world we will end up living in would be far worse than if billions of people died from the virus. I saying the world they are creating is not only worse than the virus, but thousands of times worse.

LuckyDuck, Genobee1 and Brutus58 like this.
  7. LuckyDuck

LuckyDuck Trusted.Member

H. L. Mencken is said quoting this: "The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."

Covid is real but the way the "faceless men" have subdued this planet with FEAR, is blown out of proportion. You have to wonder if folk will ever think, I mean really think, for themselves, do some digging for the facts, & stop acting like sheep?

Brutus58 likes this.
  8. borabora

borabora Moderator Staff Member

That Covid19 virus disease is more complicated as we thought earlier...
    Now the total numbers of infected and daily deaths are rapidly increasing in Brazil.
    According to worldometers.info webpage > https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
    on March 10, there were 2349 daily deaths in Brazil, on March 12, there were 84 047 new infected per day...
    The other bad thing is that there in Brazil is found a new, Brazilian P.1 mutant variant of that
    virus disease, what is more than 2 times more contagious... and that mutant variant could infect
    people for second time (after already cured from regular Covid19)
    , no immunity...

see article in FT / Financial Times
    https://www.ft.com/content/13226269-690a-4456-b896-1a7d7e295b09

‘There is a tolerance for death’: Brazil battles fresh Covid storm
    A more contagious variant and delayed vaccinations are fuelling upsurge in infections, say experts

// excerpt from article -

When Johnathan Rodrigues came down with a headache and lost his sense of taste and smell,
    he felt sure it could not be Covid-19, having only recovered from the illness less than six months ago.
    “Now I’m reinfected,” said the 26-year-old resident of the Amazonian city of Porto Velho.
    “I didn’t believe it when the result came out. I thought I was immune.”
    A grim sense of déjà vu is descending across Latin America’s largest nation, which is in the
    throes of a second onslaught of coronavirus even more intense than the first.
    Daily fatalities in Brazil hit a record level of 1,910 last week, as infections climb and intensive care
    wards in many states reach bursting point. The country’s seven-day average of reported deaths,
    compiled from the data of state health departments, is about 30 per cent higher than a peak
    in July during the first wave.

Scientists and healthcare professionals believe one factor behind the resurgent outbreak
    is the more contagious P.1 strain, which, according to a preprint study released last week,
    may be able to evade the natural immunity developed by people who have already contracted the virus.
    More than 260,000 people have lost their lives to Covid-19 in Brazil, the second-highest
    in the world behind only the US. In per capita terms it ranks 22nd, behind many European nations. ...

//

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    Perviator and Brutus58 like this.
  9. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Maybe Mommy Earth is trying to cleanse itself of her kids.

LuckyDuck likes this.
  10. Neophyte

11. borabora

If we look at statistics on page > https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ -
    sad news - today the COVID-19 death toll turned over 3 000 000 people...

3 MIL D.jpg

The situation remains very bad in Brazil, small neighbor State Uruguai is in agony too...
    But the very rapid growth of both infected and died people is now reached in India!!!
    Third day in a row there are more than 200 000 infected with COVID-19 virus per day,
    today - 233 943 ... and died today - 1338...
    As per article in BBC News - this feels like tsunami after earthquake...
    There was a minimum in infected people and died into COVID-19 in world at about
    February 20, 2021. After that the new wawe started - and we are back at 830 000
    infected per day again. There is not granted that this pandemics ends soon,
    per example - in Middle Ages the plague period was usually 5 - 8 years average...

12. Hulenado

Hulenado Trusted Member

I am from Russia, we make 2 vaccines, after 1 vaccine a month passes and again, the second. After the first vaccine, we are given a vaccination certificate, which indicates how many vaccines you have made.

13. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I received my second shot yesterday, no problems today.

Dane likes this.
  14. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Still the pandemic of 1918 was worse with a much higher death toll globally. It lasted for two years. I believe it was an H1N1 virus. The death toll from the American civil War was FAR worse (in the USA) than the USA death toll from the 1918 pandemic. The deaths were from various reasons.

15. LuckyDuck

LuckyDuck Trusted.Member

Here in Australia, a friend who did some research on the statistics of the deaths of the normal flu v's the Covid flu, was amazing to see the sinister, overreaction of the Government here in Australia. When you think the Melbourne which in the State of Victoria here in Australia, was locked down for 3 months?! My friend said last year Nationally there were 1800 deaths from the normal flu. The deaths from this Covid flu, up to the time he shared with me, was only 1000 deaths. Go figure?!

16. Neophyte

17. borabora

More about COVID-19 disease info from INDIA.

Yesterday, April 27, there were registered +362,902 new infected people per day and
    death toll per day, yesterday in India - 3285 ...
    Looks like situation is there already out of control, no oxygen, no free beds in hospitals...

Source : https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

18. Neophyte

19. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Thank you for that info. I knew it was bad just not how bad. Maybe I should spend more time on international or global news items.

borabora likes this.
  20. borabora

"Even in Arcadia, there still exists a Death..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.