1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by myeroticid, Mar 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

That's because there isn't any fabricated impeachment shit to talk about anymore.

Akbloke and Downnhill like this.
  2. Downnhill

Downnhill Trusted.Member

Thing is that "mainstream" or should I rather say traditional media is struggling so bad right now. They can not compete with the power of internet anymore. All they have is these smear campaigns and sensationalist headlines to draw clickbates. It's kind of pathetic in my opinion. Trying to grasp frail straws to keep any interest of populous. If I'm correct there's no national broadcast in US right? All are corporate TV networks? When any corporate business is failing to produce anything they tend to go for more drastic measures to gain any income. Media is best and worse example of this.

Akbloke, Dane, Brutus58 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Remind me again how many days and nights of rain it took to kill EVERYONE (except a handful) on the planet? How many people are we talking about back then? There wasn't a vaccine for that either.

Dane and curiousFred like this.
  4. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Also there are not any sports to cover. I've seen them replay OLD recorded games and races.

Downnhill likes this.
  5. muttley

muttley Trusted.Member

I spent the majority of this evening gleefully enjoying vintage Masters broadcasts, including Tiger's first win, in 1997.
    I wish they would do this all the time!

curiousFred likes this.
  6. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

That's not quite true. There's NPR, PBS, C-Span, AFN, and a bunch of local stations that are part of a nationwide group (they are a nationwide network, but usually only carry local programming.).

7. Downnhill

Downnhill Trusted.Member

Ok, so how's their output is? Is it something that is not what CNN etc. does? Do they have more neutral approach on things?

8. BisonSteve

BisonSteve Trusted.Member

Thank you Uncle Trump...

Rolled a 9,

passed go and collected $1,200

I landed on community chest,

The monopoly man showed up with a couple of big sacks with $ on them and handed them to me.

He said that I could use the cash to pay my employee (myself) so I could keep payroll flowing through the Coronavirus.

The big bag o cash totaled $7,600

So i got $8,800 in bailouts from the gubment and my sugar-daddy gets to fight with Florida unemployment office next week when the paychecks stop

So i gotta say... thank you Uncle trump.

Brutus58 likes this.
  9. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

Trump and his administration utterly failed America, he is only interested in making money and saving money.
    He simply hasn't got a fucking clue of anything, he is an uneducated slob.
    America will pay dearly for the failure of looking after Americans first,the bank accounts after.
    America is rapidly becoming a 3rd world country, the Chinese will fuck America over very soon.
    I am sad and dislike the fucking Chinese communist turds.

darkien and pussycat like this.
  10. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Nobody watches them.
    You were correct that in any practical sense, the USA has no "national" or "neutral" network as in the BBC or CBC.

11. pussycat

You are absolutely correct Fred.
    America will also find that they have lost any friends they may have had left.

12. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Nationwide those all are. And every damn one of them is 100% Far Left Liberal!

Brutus58 likes this.
  13. pussycat

They tend to be left leaning, but not that far, They only seem to be from the right wing viewpoint.

The extreme right up here in Canada keep screaming that the CBC is leftist and should be abolished. 90% of the population think it's very fair and well balanced.

Then again, 90% of us would like to abolish the extreme right, as in nuke Alberta if they don't STFU and quit whining.

Akbloke, Sifjaspell and Dane like this.
  14. Downnhill

Downnhill Trusted.Member

Your polical field (US and Canada) is a landmine field. Democrats that are shitting on their own yard, republicans who tries to look smart but are afraid to do anything smart.
    Then you have liberals that are running around like headless chickens and blame everyone. Only group that has not said anything is libertarians.

Do you even have active libertarian politician?Only libertarian voices are people like Tim Poole or Joe Rogan (tho he might not call himself such but in my opinion is one).
    They work outside of traditional media so you don't hear them on newpapers.

The whole debacle about covid-19 over there is pretty much politicians fault, they can't realize to stop bickering for couple months and work together.
    While where I live, our idiots on goverment has not done flawless and had done same mistake of downplaying the threat of covid-19, atleast whole parliament
    has stopped working against each other but together.

Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  15. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Far left is dangerous, Extreme Right is dangerous.
    Unfortunately, both have too much sway and are great at stopping any improvement to anything.

But I will say, the far left is the most despicable. Polosi and her Democrat leftist gang did everything they could to muck up the stimulus bill with their liberal pork. Instead of letting the bill go through, the Democrats had to tack onto the bill: Airplanes must have new, extreme tight emission controls on any commercial jets or turbo prop planes, illegal immigrants must have immediate pardons and amnesty and be given all Medicare rights and privileges, be eligible for unemployment payments, whether they were working or not. Give the states, ( esp. California) the right to have state law supersede Federal law, allow un-restrictive abortion rights, the list goes on.

The Democrats of the USA are the most immoral, un-ethical, un-Godly, haters of their own selves that can be imagined.
    Their agenda was, and is not, to help law abiding citizens of the USA to prosper, but to bring everyone down.

Here is the absolute truth...………..

The Democrat's god is the 'Government' !

They even said about the US dollar. "We allow them (the people) to keep 60% of what they earn, what more could they ask for?"
    (That is an actual quote from a Democrat Senator).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2020
    jillicious, Brutus58 and muttley like this.
  16. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

It's because it doesn't matter what party affiliation they are. All USA politicians are in it for themselves.
    All of them! Not one gives a flying fuck about doing what's right for the people. Only what they can get out of it for themselves.

Brutus58 and pussycat like this.
  17. Downnhill

Downnhill Trusted.Member

I have heard on few occasion that covid-19 is going to be end of EU. That would be a dream come true. The idea of EU was nice but too utopian and
    it has been ruined pretty much from the start. Politicians in Brussels are so detached from the whole thing they should be work for.
    I mean, has any europeans in this board has ever visited EU parliament? It's a mini nation itself!

Such crisis as this has shown that, in the end, everyone is on their own.

As an after thought, one thing I have to say about Trump and his politics as in positive way, is that he has tried to make US more self sufficient. Too long US or any
    country for that matter, has been licking China's ass (to the point that ass is not enough, they lick even the shit between chinese toes). I really can't say that I understand what
    it's like there in US right now, but I think in some areas you are guys are going to be pleasently suprised later, when the effects of Trumps polictics comes more prominent.
    It's the small things that gives the whole picture.

Dane likes this.
  18. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

I know NPR is very Left leaning. PBS is basically Left leaning. C-Span is slightly Left. AFN is slightly Right leaning.

19. pussycat

Do you know why the right wing elements think PBS is leftist?

It's because Sesame Street is too advanced for them to understand.

20. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

That is why ALL elected positions must have term limits!!!!!

TopGun, muttley and jillicious like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.