1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

California needs a enema.

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Amanda, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

2. Neophyte

According to the State's Democrats definition, California is still in a state of severe drought. And like state of Colorado and Nevada, California is planning to pass a law making it illegal to capture rain water for private use.

Brutus58 likes this.
  3. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Similar to New York state. The farm land I was on had an old hand dug well next to the house. We never used it for drinking, bathing or washing clothes since we had "safer" water from the county. Then my parents decided to use the well water to water the garden and wash our cars. The county noticed our sudden drop in water usage. THREE men came to my parents and asked why. My parents informed them that we were using well water to water the garden and wash the cars. My parents were told to REMOVE ALL PLUMBING TO THE WELL and use county water ONLY or go to JAIL!!!!! County did not want to lose a penny of revenue (yes the water was taxed also). Had to "buy" the county's water then pay state and county sales tax on top of that. They did not want my parents to set a precedent.

When my parents bought the house it was originally built with a way to collect rain water from the roof and stored in a concrete chamber in the cellar. It would /could hold a few hundred gallons of rain water. My parents removed that system when the house needed a new roof and went with regular gutters. Only the chamber remains.

How would California even enforce such a STUPID law? People all over the world have been using rain water for centuries. What is California's rational for that law? Public health concerns? That's funny when there are used needles and fecal matter on the streets and sidewalks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2023
    Neophyte likes this.
  4. Neophyte

According to the State Democrats we are still under Severe Drought Conditions. As long as the State is under these conditions, the state government has all kinds of power to dictate to the people, how they are to act and behave.

Dracoa likes this.
  5. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

They are lucky to still be in a drought. That way those electric cars would still be able to run. Actually, I'm wondering if those people who bought an electric vehicle are rethinking that purchase? Electricity and water don't go well together and it's worse with salt water.

A story I was told when taking a CPR class. Paramedics arrived at the scene of a collapsed man. Raining and the ground was wet. When they tried to shock the patient, the EMTs where kneeling on the wet ground. ALL were shocked. TWO more EMT crews were called to take care of the patient AND the first EMT crew. All water conducts electricity, salt water does it better.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
    Neophyte likes this.
  6. Neophyte

Still in a drought. You got to love Democrat's redefinition of words.

Dracoa and Brutus58 like this.
  7. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

That's a California sand storm, it's so dry!

8. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

That is like the constant blather in TX about their right to Secede because it is in their STATE CONSTITUION. So they think they can do it by a simple state vote. To form a 51st state? You would need, doing this from Memory, the same as an Amendment. 2/3, 2/3 then 3/4 of the states voting yes. Not just a vote by the people wanting it.

9. Neophyte

The current California predicament was cause by the Ecologist Fanatics. Several decades ago California had plans to build more reservoirs to store water for periods of drought. The eco-freaks worked overtime to see that no reservoirs were ever built. Then the eco-freaks worked tirelessly to stop California from storing excess rainfall to the reservoirs we already had. One of the stupid reasons was that they wanted to save some endangered fish, which they claimed would be affected if the excess water wasn't allowed to drain into the ocean. I think they were talking about 100 fish in the entire state of California. Then came the time of drought. The eco-freaks brought lawsuit after lawsuit stopping the Forestry and Land Management Department from doing clearing of underbrush and selective clearing of forest areas. Because of over-choked underbrush and high density of trees and bushes, when a fire would start it would quickly grow into huge wildfires spreading over vast areas of the state. The eco-freaks by refusing to allow the clearing of a few trees for forest health, insured that every single tree would be destroyed by fire. They felt that by saving a few trees they were doing good, but were insuring that widespread devastation occurred destroying the trees they were protecting along with every other tree within sight. Now with the widespread deforestation and complete loss of the watershed in vast areas, caused by the eco-freaks, with all the rain occurring now, there are massive landslides destroying even more areas of the state. All because some eco-freak thought that they knew better, over everyone else, they were the champions of nature they were more important than the ordinary people. The eco-freaks have caused more devastation of nature than if a bunch of strip mining companies had been let loose. As mentioned in this video, the Democrats won't lift the state of drought from California until another 2 years of this.

Dane, Dracoa and Brutus58 like this.
  10. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Its not because of the "eco-freaks" but because of corporate freaks destroying the environment. But sure, blame those that have nothing to do with it

11. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Both extremes ARE to blame!

12. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

What about New California ???
    You didn't include it.

Dracoa likes this.
  13. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Yes it is the eco-freaks.
    They did whatever they could to stop all preventive measures for flooding because it MAY upset the "natural" environment.

Sure! Save a few minnows at the expense of hundreds, if not thousands, of human lives.

It is lke you (they) put the lives of a thousand minnows over the lives of a thousand people.

What the hell. The 'ecoists' say that there are too many people anyway.

Dracoa likes this.
  14. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Hahahaha
    Yeah, sure. It us totally that, yeah, of course. But you forgot the Hollow Earth Jewish Nazi Empire, they were there too

Dane likes this.
  15. Neophyte

Liberal propaganda about why California is still in a drought. They throw numbers at you, but don't explain what the numbers mean or are measuring. As long as they can declare California is in a drought, they can enforce their power over the people.

Dane likes this.
  16. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Better yet, explain where the numbers come from.

17. Neophyte

Dane and Brutus58 like this.
  18. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Here in New York state our governor wants to link minimum wage to inflation. Higher the inflation then the higher the minimum wage. Where did she get her education about economics. Shit-For-Brains university? Did she take Economics -101? That's below normal intelligence. All she wants to do is get re-elected and has no clue what she is doing. Her plan WILL increase inflation in a spiral upward trend and negate any positive effects of increased pay. She is a good POLITICIAN but a really SHITTY governor.

19. Neophyte

Minimum wage jobs are for those starting out in the workforce with no experience, no skills, no work history, no prior knowledge to get hired and get experience, skills, and knowledge. If someone is at minimum wage for more than six months then either they are working at the wrong job, or they are incompetent. Six months is enough work history to easily get a better paying job and work your way up. If the worker can't figure this out, I tend to believe they are among the incompetent.

Dane and Brutus58 like this.
  20. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Working on the family business (farm) for no pay gave me the incentive to get a degree that I can get a job and make money. Angered my parents when I told them I did not want to take over the business.