1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Bests to You, Neighbours

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Insp Gadget, Mar 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Hi all,

I hope all is going well here, and I wanted to drop in and wish my USA friends all the best with this mess this World is in. Hey, if any Country can beat this thing for good, you can.

You took a young man's heart to the Moon and back one day, and last night I watched how your Ford GT beat the best of Ferrari at LeMans. I once built a beautiful plastic model of that car. The movie was great - some big strong good old boys in there, for sure ! :)

I don't know wtf our Trudeau was thinking to decline having your troops help patrol our border, but mostly I think that we're in good hands. Our Health Minister, Theresa Tam - omg she's good.

Anyways, bests from a neighbour who loves your Country and even his Buffalo Bills ! (Chicken wings at the Anchor Bar - to die for. And whenever they've just beaten Dallas ? Oh my. :) )

But you've got to stop the in-fighting and get united behind Trump - I'm no Liberal , but Trudeau's our guy. ( I voted for his dad, but I was a hippie in school at the time, and there might have been some mid-altering at play. :) )

And don't be letting your darling 'dual-citizenship' type cheaters who populate your media and politics force you to get back too quickly as if it were 'business as normal' - okay ?

I'll be back - all the best to everyone.

2. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

Well look who decided to show up. I was about ready to send the Mounties to find you.

3. Insp Gadget

Thanks for keeping my account open.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  4. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Promotional give away: Free surgical mask with every 6 pack of Corona.

IsoUser, Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  5. Insp Gadget

That wasn't the purpose of the post, babe ... and nobody's going to misinterpret our neighbour's actions other than for what their israelite leaders tell them what to do.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  6. Insp Gadget

C'mon Partners - and Welcome to The Breakfast Show !

Put on that proud top-hat of yours - and let's rock.

7. Insp Gadget

Trump's economic aid package is very much like ours rolled out by Trudeau. In overall economic concept anyway, not in the details of its implementation of course.

And that's good news, I think, because ours is coming along okay in the few days since applications became available. It will evolve, too.

Perhaps they discussed things beforehand, and then proceeded. Most likely, since they seem to get along. Our plans here would come into operation more quickly naturally anyway, just because of population.

I also think that both of our Countries are in good hands with the leaders we have right now. Totally different styles, in front of the media anyway, but both great CEO's. One of the best decisions both have made is to give their best staff the trust to heed their advice.

Your Dr. Anthony Fauci and our Dr. Theresa Tam are amazing, in my opinion. And thankfully, both of our CEO's are so far listening to them.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    Brutus58 likes this.
  8. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Since they stopped making Corona, I wonder how valuable the existing cases/bottles are?

Insp Gadget likes this.
  9. Insp Gadget

It's still our household beer here - we get it at one of the local Provincially-owned liquor stores, and we're still waiting for the price to drop.

Here's a story - a good friend of mine owns an 'art, framing, memorabilia'-type shop. Great place - and she was forced to shut down for now. Non-essential service.

The Ontario-owned liquor/cannabis emporium just a short walk away ? Open extra hours, so as to now more compassionately serve the grieving public ! :D

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    Brutus58 likes this.
  10. Insp Gadget

Hey, neighbours - Good News !

[​IMG]

11. Downnhill

Downnhill Trusted.Member

Should have a warning "Stop using the product if you get feeling of being violated!"

Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  12. Insp Gadget

And another thing ..

[​IMG] :eek: :D

Brutus58, itshot and oldman681 like this.
  13. Insp Gadget

Omg, what next ?

[​IMG]

My dear friends, your politics are sooo much more ... entertaining (yes let's go with that) than ours are. :D

I see there hasn't yet been much information forthcoming about your Governor's nipple rings in the last post. :)

This one's a nice looking building, too. And that photo looks a bit enhanced, but it would most likely look just like that, with the roof lights on at the right time of day.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    Brutus58 and oldman681 like this.
  14. Insp Gadget

Oh great, there's more !

[​IMG]

( There were a lot of us here who were none too pleased with the switch to metric, either. )

But that alligator idea must be a local thing. The sensible regions of the Continent would surely measure it this way :

[​IMG]:)

Brutus58 likes this.
  15. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

A women can never by violated by Democrats/Liberals. After all what a women says IS the truth. Unless accusing a Democrat/Liberal or a supporter - then she is a "lying whore".

Insp Gadget likes this.
  16. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Insp Gadget likes this.
  17. Insp Gadget

My friends, I hope you don't mind my thoughts on this stuff, but there's one bi thing that concerns me, on your behalf, about what's going on in your Country these days.

I think that you are making a big mistake in your rush to ban flags, rename streets, and so on. (And btw, we are thinking of doing it, too.)

They are part of your history, your heritage, your family. They're a reminder of the way things were, and of the people who lived through them.

To just pretend that history never happened seems foolish, and disrespectful to those who were there.

Brutus58 likes this.
  18. MrDude

MrDude Trusted Member

I'd be interested in respectfully exploring that sentiment because it's one I understand parts of, but not entirely.

I can't speak to what Canada is thinking of doing, but the push here seems to primarily be statues or flags that revere the losing side of a civil war. And I think that's fair game because of 1) what they did and 2) because it about removing those people/names from places of honor.

Statues, flags, names on building aren't really about remembering history to me, they're about putting that name up in a place of reverence or honor. Removing that honor from their name doesn't erase the history, it seems to clear it up. Many of these southern generals swore an oath to their country and learned the ways of war at West Point, then decided to betray their oath and their country to fight against it. That we honor traitors in such a way has always been strange to me. It would be similar to Great Britain having a bunch of statues of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson while carrying around the Betsy Ross flag.

Additionally, most of these statues and naming rights occurred during the 1920-30s as part of the "Lost Cause" re-writing of history which was meant to justify southern Jim Crow laws pushed by Dixiecrats (yes, Democrats). So instead of providing a clear view of our country's history; these honorariums instead seem to distort and miss tell our country's history by calling them fallen heroes instead of defeated traitors.

I don't think anyone in this country will forget the Civil War if the statues are removed and the rebel flag is banned. And while they are part of our history, I consider them a shameful part of our history that's a cautionary tale rather than a reminder of a former glory.

Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  19. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Well stated! "Those that forget the past are prone to repeat it". It's a paraphrase. I don't remember who said it, but it IS accurate. The BLM and Antifa crowds are doing it NOW. That's because they never payed attention in school or kept skipping school. The ignorant never wanted to learn to begin with. So defunding police and spending it on education would be a complete waste of money. Like the old saying about leading a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. You can lead the ignorant to school but can't make them learn. If there is not any desire to learn, then all the money spent won't help them.

Insp Gadget likes this.
  20. Insp Gadget

We won't be taking this flag down :

[​IMG]

And you shouldn't be taking down your Confederate, or any of your other Historical Flags down either. Or your monuments, venues, and so on. You get it.

NASCAR needs to grow a pair, you know. And they talk like big tough guys too, right. Good ole boys, my ass - wilting wimpy little weaklings, it says here.

Be proud of your History and your Heritage - like we all should be - and learn from it, for sure. But your Home, your Family, your People should always be remembered and respected.

Dane and Brutus58 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.