1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Ancient 'sunken city' discovered in Egypt

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by J chavi hynu, Jul 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J chavi hynu

J chavi hynu Trusted Member

Divers are discovered ancient city in egypt
    What about this news

Dane likes this.
  2. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

There are many cities that have succumbed to the rising of the oceans over the millennia. Ocean shift on coastal
    shores have been rising and ebbing since the beginning of time.

You won't hear much about these or the most recent one as the global alarmist can't blame it on 'man-made'
    global warming.
    It deflates their hypothesis.

J chavi hynu likes this.
  3. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Not entirely. This "sunken city" has been known about since before the Climate Change thing was a thing. There is episodes of Josh Gates diving with the team, almost 15 years ago now, at what was likely the very beginning of this "dig" for lack of a better term. Theory was, then, that the "parting of the Red Sea" caused it. The reality of that being Vesuvius erupting and subsequent tidal waves and quakes.

Dane likes this.
  4. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I thought by his post it was something new.

I'm sure there are a few villages suffered the same fate that we may find in the future.

I can't remember the names of the sunken cities on a documentary aired on PBS some years back,
    but the narrator said that both coastal cities were over come by rising oceans. They showed a sonar-type
    graph where the shoreline was and is now.
    One happened some 2500-3500 years ago I think, the other around 1600 years ago.
    The more recent one may have been on a sea instead of an ocean, but I remember the older
    one was the Atlantic.

5. muttley

muttley Trusted.Member

Baiae was a resort city, on par with Capri, Pompeii, or Herculaneum, located in the Gulf of Naples.
    As with the others, it met it's demise via rising seas due to volcanic activity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baiae

Dane likes this.
  6. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

They had just found a few stones that they thought were the top of a temple back then. Over the last 15-20 years they probably cleared a lot more silt and settle off of it.

Based on Muttley's post. Yeah. This is the uncovering of a "dig" that was theory back then.

Wait....... JOSH GATES actually had something that found something!

Dane likes this.
  7. muttley

muttley Trusted.Member

My post was actually referring to Dane's post about seeing a PBS documentary, some years ago, about a sunken city.
    Baiae has been a well documented archaeological site for decades.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.