1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Admit it, Vote by mail is the Superior System

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by hellohello, Sep 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

2. GeekBoy03

GeekBoy03 Trusted Member

Please show in the US Constitution there there is a right to vote?

3. GeekBoy03

GeekBoy03 Trusted Member

But still does not answer the question of why it was deleted.
    Why the desperation to oppose the audit?

4. Helladios

Helladios Trusted Member

You are not seriously having this conversation, are you? Especially as someone who claims the same ancestry as the philosopher (Aristotle) who, two thousand years ago, said that the sign of a well-functioning "polis" (town, country, etc.) is that its citizen's have the right to vote AND be voted... What a shame...

5. GeekBoy03

GeekBoy03 Trusted Member

Logical Fallacy of avoiding the question.

If that is the case, then why ex-convicts are not able vote in some states?

6. Helladios

Helladios Trusted Member

Please, do not find refuge in "logic", especially with a professor of Mathematical Logic. It is not a fallacy to point out that to question the right to vote is the dumbest thing a person can imagine, and, for your information, there is no right answer to dumb questions. Many prohibitions stand, not because they are right, but because at the time they were introduced they served a purpose and they made sense. This does not mean we should refer to them as "examples" of what should be. I am sure you can think of many examples yourself, and I do not need to mention any...

P.S. They used to say that arguing with a woman is like playing chess with a pigeon. Near the end, the pigeon gets up, shits on the board and declares itself a winner. I truly think this should be revised, and "woman" should be replaced with "person who thinks they quote logic".

7. GeekBoy03

GeekBoy03 Trusted Member

It is a logical fallacy when someone questions your assertion, then you avoid the question.

Logical Form:

Person 1 makes claim X.
    Person 2 makes unrelated statement.
    Audience and/or person 1 forgets about claim X.

Example #1:

Daryl: Answer honestly, do you think if we were born and raised in Iran, by Iranian parents, we would still be Christian, or would we be Muslim?
    Ross: I think those of us raised in a place where Christianity is taught are fortunate.
    Daryl: I agree, but do you think if we were born and raised in Iran, by Iranian parents, we would still be Christian, or would we be Muslim?
    Ross: Your faith is weak — you need to pray to God to make it stronger.
    Daryl: I guess you’re right. What was I thinking?

Explanation: Some questions are not easy to answer, and some answers are not easy to accept. While it may seem, at the time, like avoiding the question is the best action, it is actually an abandonment of reason and honest inquiry; therefore, fallacious.

8. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

Lets not let this discussion drift into flaming.

Brutus58 likes this.
  9. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Good Gravy man! That was a post from Sept, 2020 and if you bothered to read the subsequent posts you would have
    read that it all finalized that there is NO Constitutional Right to vote.

I admitted that. I was under mis-information about it and I admitted to it is not in the Constitution.

Though the 15th, 19th and 26th Amendments though even use the word "right", the amendments as written don't
    allow anyone the "right" to vote, only that a voters right shall not be impeded based on race, sex, or color, or beliefs.

So there's your answer to your posted question to my post.

10. Helladios

Helladios Trusted Member

This is what happens, unfortunately, when you learn logic from Wikipedia. We see it every day with first year students, especially... but, you know, I admit defeat. You can ask any stupid question you want and expect an answer. (It does not matter that the example you quoted is irrelevant to the case at hand.)

11. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Let us face the facts, you need a "driver licience" to drive. How is this not "racist"? Just use your driver licience to vote. Any problem with that? Drive without a licience then you are a criminal. All criminal's should not be allowed to vote. Just my two cents.

12. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Helladios, Please come down off your high-horse and re-read;

Thank you.

GeekBoy03 likes this.
  13. Neophyte

Amendments to the Constitution are technically part of the Constitution.

14. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Yes, but courts (or whomever, I have to check) ruled that the word "right" does not lend to it being a "Right" in all 3 of the amendments.

15. GeekBoy03

GeekBoy03 Trusted Member

The reason it is not there is because voting is an issue of the states. See Amendment 10.

Dane likes this.
  16. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

That's correct! That is why the term 'right' in the amendments do not lend it to be a 'Right'.

GeekBoy03 likes this.
  17. Neophyte

Brutus58 likes this.
  18. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

What about people who dont drive?

I support voter ID. I support FREE voter ID issued on the spot, for free, with proof of identity. 24/7. None of this "For a nominal charge of like 50 bucks. At the DMV. M-F 10-4. Business hours.".

Dane likes this.
  19. Neophyte

In California, people who don't drive, must get a State ID, that looks exactly like a Driver's License except it says State ID in place of Driver's License.
    In California, Resident Aliens are allowed to get Driver's Licenses and the Democrats have made it legal for Illegal Aliens to get Driver's Licenses.

20. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Once again "proof of identity" is needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.