1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by buffyfan, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Dana_91

Dana_91 Trusted.Member

I could care less that people have guns, should there be registration and checks? Yes. If you can have them that doesn't stop you. Do they need to fix the loop holes for registration? Lol yes.
    Does the second amendment give you the right to own a rocket launcher? No,. Silencer? Suppressor? No. Should you be allowed to open carry? I don't care but it's stupid. I thought one day at Walmart pregnant, I could snatch their kid and make them give me their gun. Every state has a conceal carry permit,. Most won't because it requires them to prove they can use the gun.
    No one gets nukes, don't care if you feel the right to carry makes you feel entitled. You want a suppressor or fully automatic? Get a licence. Also the m4 in the army is a shit gun, it was a shit gun when it was the m16. You think an ar15 makes you feel like your military remember, that shit jams in every climate. (This is from my retired uncle). Want a real gun? Buy a 7.62. Not only are the bullets cheaper but it shoots in any weather.

That being said if I'm in the middle of a shoot out in walmart,. I'm running. Unless you know who started it and in the wrong, don't try and help. (Arizona girl, shit stupid)
    Also you may think open carry makes you less of a Target but if your robbed at gun point, give them the wallet. Nothing in there that can't be replaced and your not Doc Holliday

oldman681 likes this.
  2. Pistacia

Pistacia Account Deleted

This scene always reminds me of Americans. No offense.

Dana_91 likes this.
  3. Betullabond

Betullabond Trusted.Member

4. Dana_91

Dana_91 Trusted.Member

At first I thought it was a paint ball gun and I thought, yeah I could see some [edit] trying to shoot people with it

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2020
  5. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

The elephant in the room that NO ONE wants to admit to is this - the real reason/purpose of the second amendment is to PROTECT the first amendment (freedom of speech and religion). The freedom of speech to question and criticize government officials (they work FOR us, not the other way around). It seems that most of them have forgotten THIS FACT!!!! No wonder the Democrats want to get rid of the 2nd amendment, THEY HATE TO BE QUESTIONED/CRITICIZED!!!!!!! After all they ARE the founding fathers of the KKK!!!! The south was traditionally democrat (all plantation/slave owners) and the north was republican (anti-slave). Those that forget the past will tend to repeat it!!!!!!!!

6. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Technically, through "intent, not letter"? Yes. It technically says you should be able to have the same arms as the government. Remember, that was written in a time where someone in town could make you a cannon. And it was not technically illegal to have one. The intent is to be able to stand up to a Tyrannical Government. Now if they have Nukes and you have a cute little one pull one shot?

Dane, itshot, JoshuaMN and 1 other person like this.
  7. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Registering guns is a GREAT idea. It worked out SO WELL for the Germans when Hitler took power!!! Even better for the Jewish population. First thing Hitler did was register and then confiscate all guns. There was not a constitution and the amendments to protect the people. Government exists TO SERVE the people, not the other way around as elected and appointed officials would have you believe. Nowadays, if you ask an elected official a (non-approved) question at any meeting (like in my town) you get arrested for any reason that is dreamed up. So much for freedom of speech! Civil war is going to be inevitable. The riots going on now are proof of that. And the dems/leftists and their brainwashing agenda (can we say common core) and the years of leftist teachings (from kindergarden through college) are THE cause of this.

Pistacia, Dane, itshot and 2 others like this.
  8. buffyfan

Just remember that the Police are also "Government Employees" who work for us. Not the other way around. In non life threatening situations? There should be no expectation of "compliance". No expectation of "proper respect due my badge". They have an expectation of not dying. Of not being physically attacked. Not an expectation of "not being verbally disrespected", "not being taped" or "Only people on the JOB should be allowed to decide if I did wrong". Not an expectation of someone they initiate PHYSICAL CONTACT on to "take them in to issue the ticket" cant defend themselves. Not an expectation that they can present the warrant "when they fell it is time!". Not an expectation that they dont have to tell you what you are being arrested for "until they feel it is time!".

On that last one. Let me change the job and you will see how idiotic the police expectation to "self regulate" is. "You have never spent a day in your life teaching in a classroom! Whatever I do should only be subject to other TEACHERS deciding! And you dont get to know why they decided that. Just that they decided it!".

As to the Liberal/Leftist brainwashing BS. K-12, three degrees. Almost 10 years teaching at the Graduate and Undergrad level. I saw TWO teachers who overtly showed any "Leftist" leanings. Most just taught us the subject and that was it. The problem is that claim always boils down to "they don't teach them to respect their elder's wisdom! They don't teach them that uniformed people are HEROES!". I somehow came out of that understanding the Constitution (see above intent of the 2nd, and add that nowhere in the 1st right to protest does it state "With a proper permit and government permission"). Raise four daughters, and a surrogate 5th. The surrogate and oldest are both entering Law School in the Fall. The only people who think public schools "brainwash" people are the ones who think "thinking for yourself" and following "traditional ways" are the same. Old people who resent that things have changed and no one cares what happened when they were a teen.

pussycat likes this.
  9. Dan_R

Dan_R Trusted Member

I own guns and have a concealed carry permit. Despite that, I think the 2nd is terrible and needs to be clarified. Any law that depends on the placement of a comma to define the intent is problematic. Some versions have commas, some don't. People line up on the side supporting their POV. There's very little objectivity about the the intent and what the founders really had in mind. I get that the intent very well could have been to have an armed populace to protect their own freedoms. Regardless, the language of the 2nd is problematic. I would support repealing and replacing it with something less ambiguous. This won't happen in my lifetime or my kids'.

10. sockpuppet

sockpuppet Trusted.Member

A well regulated militia is not a bunch of tubby goofs in thrift store camos wandering around with AR knockoffs. It is a military organisation with officers responsible to the civil authorities. It is trained and organised. When called out it is subject to military discipline.

11. Dan_R

Dan_R Trusted Member

I don't disagree. But there's the who dependant/independant clause argument because of the comma. The independent clause crowd considers the right to have guns clause that follows to not depend on the militia clause. It's obvious to me that it is dependent. If not, why is it on the amendment language?

12. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

“A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

The 2nd Amendment doesn't say the militia has the right to bear arms, it says the people have the right to bear arms so they can create a militia if need be.

13. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

That is 100% true.
    Our elected officials have all forgotten that the 2nd allows us to pull together and take them out by force if they try to force
    us into something like a dictatorship form of government.
    The 2nd is there in order to keep the citizens armed at all times so that the leadership in government doesn't forget
    they work for us.
    The liberals and democrats know this all too well, that's why there are so bent on disarming all citizens.

Brutus58 and JoshuaMN like this.
  14. buffyfan

Really? It is only the Liberals who want the "felons" bans on guns?

sockpuppet likes this.
  15. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

To a liberal, anyone who thinks contrary to them is a "criminal" and must be silenced. Hence their support for ANTIFA and calling the riots "peaceful protests".

Dane likes this.
  16. sockpuppet

sockpuppet Trusted.Member

I know a number of conservatives who think that violent felons and crazy people should not have guns.

Brutus58, Dane and itshot like this.
  17. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Your response doesn't make sense. Of course liberals aren't the only ones who want felons ( and FYI, ALL people who have a tendency for violence) to never own or handle firearms, All with a sane mind KNOW violent people should never have the ability to own a firearm.
    That is a core belief of both Conservative and Liberal.

The problem lies (in which by your post you must be) is that Liberals want NO-ONE to own firearms. It is based in their belief that the government will always do what is best for the "people".

Conservatives KNOW that that the government needs to be held accountable to the people. Liberals such as yourself believe
    the people need to to be accountable to the government.

18. buffyfan

The 2nd does not say "A citizen, in good standing from birth". Therefore even the most staunch 2nd Amendment defender believes in "regulation".

Dane likes this.
  19. xedforu

xedforu Trusted Member

American and their problem ha ha ha

20. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Not regulations, but consequences. If someone abuses their Rights they should be held responsible, their Rights shouldn't be regulated.

Brutus58 likes this.