1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by buffyfan, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Your premis that we don't care about people being killed by guns is wrong. We do care, some want to blame the gun not the person doing the killing. I say place the blame where it belongs, THE KILLER, not the tool used. That is all I was ever trying to say.

2. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I agree.

3. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

There was no point in continuing anyway.

4. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Some drug dealers lace Fentanyl into other drugs, to increase its potency. People taking these other drugs, don't know that there is Fentanyl in them.

5. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

But they still take drugs, so they know there is risk.
    But someone walking in the street getting shot? He didn't deserve it.

6. Neophyte

I heard in Sweden, since guns are hard to get, they used hand grenades. Bombs were used in several mass killings. And cars or trucks have been used in mass killings too. The worse mass murder in the United States was with someone setting fire to the entrance of a club.

7. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

But there are more mass killings in USA than anywhere else in the world (except in war zones, of course. But USA isn't a warzone... or is it?)

8. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

I know what you were trying to say. However, I am not wrong. That a great number of Americans care is obvious, and is not being questioned. It is American society that is being put to trial, because it very much appears that it doesn't care.

Events happen, and nobody does anything to fix the problem.

Incs and MilaHot like this.
  9. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

If there is a fire, you turn it off.
    The gun situation is more than a fire. Its a goddamn volcano. And nobody does anythign to settle this

10. Neophyte

They don't know the risk, because they don't know the Fentanyl is there. If someone put cyanide in a Tylenol bottle and a person takes it and dies. Is it the person who takes the drugs fault. This really happened.

11. Neophyte

How do you turn a fire off. Do you flip a switch, or maybe call out hey Siri.

12. pussycat

The worst mass murder in the USA was somebody flying a 747, and his buddy in another one.

13. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

But they take drugs. If they didn't took drugs, they wouldn't risk getting Fentanyl.
    People getting shot, its not their fault. They have done nothing wrong. While taking drugs IS wrong.

14. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Are you trolling me now?

15. pussycat

No, we flip the switch. Or you could just turn down the thermostat.

MilaHot likes this.
  16. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

You misunderstood. We prosecute (criminal) the shooter. You can sue anyone. Do you win? Depends......

We prosecute the dealer for dealing, not for murder. He was talking about how people die from Fentanyl because it comes across the southern border. And comparing Fentanyl deaths to shooter deaths. And we dont prosecute the dealer for murder because they are not the "direct actor" that caused the immediate death. While the shooter is. I am saying comparing the Fentanyl coming across the border is a bad comparison to someone who shoots someone with a gun.

17. buffyfan

I dont take those cases. At all. Too hard too much time and everyone wants to sue "on contingency" on those cases. The hours that would go into that would cost close to a quarter of million dollars in billable hours. And they want us to take it on an "If we win.....".

To explain the high billable hours. Gun Companies, like Tobacco and Medical, love to try to "bury you in paper". Now that is harder as you can meta-data index things. But cases like Gun Company, Medical Insurance Company or Tobacco? You are talking close to 200 billable hours. Remember, we dont bill you at 300/hr whether it is 1 person or 6, if there is an associate and 4 paras? You are talking 300+125+125+125+125 or 1300/hr. And just sorting that stuff is 10-15 hours. So it could be 20 grand just to sort the discovery. Then the "not first year" comes into play and forward billing is about 700 between him and his para an hour. Billed in 1/4 hour intervals with a smack upside the head if anyone bills 15 min for 3 min of work.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    Incs and Dane like this.
  18. buffyfan

Mcvay, 168 beats Pulse. By a factor of 3 at least (49).

19. Neophyte

Yes, I concede your point. But I was thinking of an individual person, but I was not specific which makes you are right.

20. Neophyte

I was sure that the boyfriend who set fire to the entrance of the club, had a death count well over a hundred. There was a different club fire that had a lower death count. Don't remember the name of the club.