1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Ottawa rejects plan to let Blue Jays play in Toronto during COVID-19 pandemic

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by pussycat, Jul 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Brutus58 likes this.
  2. Bobsaf

Bobsaf New Member

I think there is little hope for an exhibition game but I will keep my fingers crossed.

3. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Watching the pre-season game now, Jays at Boston, and there is mention of several sites, Tampa Bay the most.

I think that Buffalo would be a great temporary home for the Jays. Love Buffalo - enjoyed many good times there.

The Anchor Bar for wings afterwards is amazing, too - now, if they would only open the border ! :)

Brutus58 and pussycat like this.
  4. Insp Gadget

Pittsburgh has turned us away !

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2020/07/22/blue-jays-denied-permission-to-play-in-pittsburgh/

( Can't blame them - it takes a lot of local resources to hold one of those games, fans or no fans. )

And some players apparently want to play only in a major league ballpark (!) so that would leave Buffalo out of the running. Incredible.

'91-'92 - Baseball Kings of the Known Universe. 2020 - homeless nomads wandering the continent looking for a place to take shelter. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. [​IMG]

Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  5. Insp Gadget

Looks like Buffalo after all ! [​IMG] :)
    [​IMG]

6. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

I couldn't believe it. The players objected, because Sahlen Field doesn't have the amenities of a major league park.
    How about those players who objected have their contracts re-assigned to our AAA affiliate. That way they could play in Sahlen Field for 1/10th the money and bitch even louder.
    I'm sure there's lots of guys playing for the Bisons who wouldn't mind putting on a Jays uniform and getting the big league paycheck, even if they are playing in the same stadium.

And thank you Buffalo, although I knew that would never be a problem. Upstate New York is like family to Ontario.

Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  7. Insp Gadget

Aah, if only ... :)

[​IMG]

Brutus58 likes this.
  8. Insp Gadget

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Thank You.jpg

Brutus58 and Inlovwithsis like this.
Thread Status: