1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Bests to You, Neighbours

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Insp Gadget, Mar 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Well if that's going to be the case - then I say that we tear down all those disgraceful monuments in the Royal Ontario Museum,
    which serve to glorify the cruelty which carnivores for centuries inflicted upon poor innocent vegetarians !

[​IMG]

Brutus58 likes this.
  2. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

If any statues are to be torn down, it should be the ones of Lenin and Marx.

Brutus58 likes this.
  3. Insp Gadget

You know what I dislike most about this destruction ? That from a gut human sense, it's a low thing to do. It's a thing that cowards might enjoy doing, or those types who'd kick others when they're down.

Those monuments are precious remembrances of accomplishments in a time when society's norms were completely different. And now we're judging them by the different norms (and technologies) of our times. It's what the word 'unjust' was created to describe.

And guess what, ye self-righteous ? Your norms are going to change some day, too.

And it can happen on occasion that attitudes will swing back to normal big-time - we can only hope. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Brutus58 likes this.
  4. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

By some peoples standards it would seem to be perfectly acceptable to have a statue of Adolf Eichmann on their front lawn.

Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  5. Insp Gadget

Well it's ironic you should mention - Lewis Hamilton recently received a spectacular contract for the Formula 1 season.

He'll be driving the black 'Black Lives Matter' car for Mercedes and sponsored by Hugo Boss, both purveyors of choice for the Third Reich.

Brutus58 likes this.
  6. pussycat

On the subject of neighbors, the Canada - USA border is currently closed to non-essential travel. It is my opinion that it should be kept closed, permanently.
    I would rather jeopardize the survival of our tourism industry than endanger the health of our citizens, considering the obvious wanton disregard and selfishness being displayed by those to our south.
    However, we are not alone in that sentiment, as it seems that Americans are rapidly becoming persona non grata just about everywhere.

7. pussycat

I drive an ALFA Romeo, that doesn't mean I worship Mussolini.

Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  8. Insp Gadget

Of course. And it's not hypocrisy.

9. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

Dane and Brutus58 like this.
  10. Tallguy1995

Tallguy1995 Trusted Member

Do you have the giulia quadrifoglio???

11. pussycat

I wish.
    I should amend my post to "have driven" and "hope to drive", lol.
    We have a 1972 ALFA 2000 Spider, currently in pieces in the garage. Or maybe 1 and 1/2 , I lose track.
    One of these days it might get worked on.

(We did rent a 4C when we were on vacation in Italy, that was a lot of fun!)

Insp Gadget and Brutus58 like this.
  12. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Pussycat, you are only seeing what the lying main stream media shows.
    Some of the crowded beach photos were stock photos from 2019.
    Also, you are only hearing about what is going on in mostly democrat run cities.

I live in a rural area, my sales job takes me urban, sub-urban, small town and rural.
    I will attest that most places other than the cities, almost all are wearing masks and observing
    distance while indoors at public places.

Of course there are a few (very few) who defy it all, but most everyone is complying with wearing
    a mask as we know it is to protect others if we happen to be a carrier and be asymptomatic.

We do respect each other here, that aspect is never in the media.

Local TV station did their own survey. They sent out about 4 or 5 of their staff to do head counts and
    mask checks at various indoor public places.
    In all cases (about 20 different stores and such), the compliance was 98-100%.

They reported that, and on the evening main stream news, just the exact opposite was reported.
    No one, and I mean NO one who has an IQ over a 7 watt night light bulb believes what is reported
    by main-stream-news-media.
    Even Democrats are now accusing them of fake news.

Brutus58, Insp Gadget and Dracoa like this.
  13. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

MSM is full of dirty, dirty smear merchants.

Dane and Insp Gadget like this.
  14. Insp Gadget

You're not alone - would love to be rid of this trash ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dane likes this.
  15. pussycat

I don't believe what I see on CNN, MSNBC, Fox, ABC, NBC, CBS or any other US network.
    I do believe most of what I see on CTV and Global, and some of what I see on CBC and BBC.

I don't believe any of the bullshit posted on here.

Gadget does not speak for Canada, nor do I, but 95% of Canadians want the border closed. That's not fake news, that's what is called fact.

Sorry Dane, nothing personal, but you are not welcome in my country.

(Border closure has been extended one month, as of yesterday).

Peck Pecker likes this.
  16. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

I'm all for closing the border to Canada. Let's just include exports from the US to Canada in that as well.

17. pussycat

Thats just being petty and childish, Brian. Commerce doesn't carry the virus, people do.

But if you would like to tear up the new NAFTA deal, I'm all in favour. :D

18. Insp Gadget

Well folks, it looks like some tough talk may be getting settled on the field tonight.

The Vancouver Whitecaps and the San Jose Earthquakes will be battling in Orlando, and the loser goes home.

upload_2020-7-15_16-39-42.png upload_2020-7-15_16-41-29.png

Will this be the Enema that California needs ? Will they Be overcome by a Province ?
    Perhaps we'll find out at 6pm Pacific Time tonight. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  19. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

You need people to get the stuff across the border. The stuff isn't going to get there on it's own.

20. pussycat

This is very true, and brings up another point. So far, we have exempted transport drivers from the border closure (both ways). I personally felt this was a mistake, and I have brought up the matter with the powers that be (unsuccessfully so far).
    My recommendation would be that the trailers be dropped at a marshalling yard at the border and that the tractor units and their drivers remain in their own country. It's just safer, for everybody. I honestly don't know the economic consequences, if any, but I really don't care.
    The economy will adjust, people come first.
    Transport by rail isn't an issue. Trains already change crews when they cross the border. As to air transport, it's easy to quarantine a flight crew for a few hours, or even overnight in a designated hotel.
    I'm not out to punish anyone here, but we have a nation to protect, and at the moment, you guys are a threat, and we need to deal with it.

Dane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.