1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Do you believe in climate change?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Hatham, Jan 12, 2020.

1. texasj65

texasj65 Deviant Extraordinaire

It's pretty obvious that climate has always changed.

It changed before mankind arrived, and will continue long after mankind wipes itself out.

2. Charles Fourier

Charles Fourier Proud incest advocate

"
    It's pretty obvious that climate has always changed.

It changed before mankind arrived, and will continue long after mankind wipes itself out."

That's true except it take normally thousands years for it to change and now it change significally in a few decades, the order of magnitude is absolutely not the same and it changes everything. We have proof of all this thanks to ice cores that allow us to know the climate over millions of years. How can you also explain that 9 on 10 of most hot known years are in XXIth century, if human climate change don't exist?

It is not a question of believing or not believing in global warming: it exists and we have formal scientific proof of it. Denying it is like denying gravity. You can do it, but you will still die if you jump off the roof of a building.

3. texasj65

4. texasj65

Mankind is a speck on the geological time scale.

5. Charles Fourier

You just prove you false. Nodoby denied climate naturally change in a long time, we have proof not only scientific but historical of it but your graphic precisely show that large variations need millions years. If you zoom on the end of it, you will see that it suddently increase in a few decades.

You also didn't answer on how do you explain that 9 on 10 hottest years since we have measurements are in XXIth century. Others factors aren't to blame: there is no significal variation in volcano or solar activity for example that mainly cause natural variation of climate in the past. So who is to blame?

Current climate change has human cause, not natural one. Proof are rapidity of process, correlate with expansion of humanity, well know effect of greenhouse gaz on athmosphere (CO2 concentration for example reaches unprecedented levels)... Almost the entire scientific community (with the exception of a few experts who are paid handsomely by industrial lobbies to lie) agrees on this point.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    Exelbirth likes this.
  6. texasj65

and yet we are still in an ice age
    recorded history is a grain of sand on a long beach.

There is a solution to end all "man made warming".... delete all humans. If mankind does not learn to adapt to the continuous change of temperature and global conditions, most will be shed anyways. The current superflu is progressing a little slowly, the chinese need to ramp up a better version. Capt. Trips ain't going to get here on his own.

7. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Captain Trips was an American creation. So get on with it.

8. S.F

S.F New Member

Yes I do believe in human made climate change. The scientific consensus makes it clear that we did have and do have a big impact on the planet's climate (ozon hole, melting of permafrost, cutting down and burning forests and so on)

Charles Fourier likes this.
  9. changoTor

changoTor Trusted Member

I think that climate change is real. I also believe that the earth's climate changes in cycles all on it's own and has and will continue to do so with or without us.

I think that humans are basically ants in regards to vast size of the Earth, and that while we DO have an impact, I don't think 1oo years of internal combustion is metling glaciers.

Having said that, we aren't helping either.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  10. Charles Fourier

And nearly nobody deny human made climatic change existence in significal proportion in developped countries except in USA as always: the country that sacrificed public education, where a large part of the popular classes are uneducated, where fanatics still believe that the Earth is flat and that it was created by God in 6 days, the country that created the notion of "alternative facts", but still thinks of itself as the centre of the world.

Incs, S.F, whitecoffee1 and 1 other person like this.
  11. pussycat

I would agree with that.

whitecoffee1 and Charles Fourier like this.
  12. pussycat

Oh so true.

Thanks for that. :cool:

whitecoffee1 likes this.
  13. texasj65

Oh, so you hate America. Got it.

Have you seen the pollution coming from China, India, or Russia? Now go back under your rock.

14. pussycat

If you lived in the Canadian Arctic, and watched your coast crumble into the ocean, your permafrost turn into muskeg, your home sink into the ground, and the white bears grow a brown coat, you'd believe in climate change.

15. pussycat

You could lose the "hate America" bit. Any negative comments = "hate America".
    He just told the truth.

16. Charles Fourier

So we don't have right to criticize america or we are accuse to hate it? I would very much like to see the Americans lower their tone in arrogance, smug nationalism and nation worship, that is getting really boring. What i say in my former post is just facts.

America is still second rank in pollution just after China. And they are also on the top of the list (after arabic countries this time) for pollution per capita. Not really in a position to give lessons, then.

Incs and S.F like this.
  17. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Climate change is a reality, even if there are cycles on Earth. But all the pollution is just accelerating some changes, and making them worse.

18. changoTor

changoTor Trusted Member

Once again, agreed. People aren't helping at all, even if they are/aren't the major factor behind the problem.

whitecoffee1 and Charles Fourier like this.
  19. texasj65

I would say that is a whole lot of opinion, and a very broad brush you use to paint negative stereo types. Your disdain for people of religious faith is palpable. Do you hate every country with strong religious backgrounds? Flat earthers are a meme, and everyone makes fun of them. I do wish the US wasn't the center of the world. I am weary of funding countries that hate us. It's time to let the weak stand on their own and [edit].

Now for the melting north... Life sucks. Learn to adapt. It ain't the first time it has melted, wont be the last.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2021
  20. Charles Fourier

Oh seems i forgot racist, but good, you admit that yourself.

S.F, Perviator and MilaHot like this.