1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

A Conservatives view of Liberals

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Dane likes this.
  2. Neophyte

Brutus58 likes this.
  3. Helladios

Helladios Trusted Member

Only when we realise that "left" or "right", "conservative" or "liberal", or "progressive", or whatever other dichotomy was introduced to characterise the political views of people, are just artificial names which represent only a very very very small amount of the views that parties represent, we will never be able to get rid of the cheap politicians in any of their metamorphoses. For, for them, it is all about governing and distribution of wealth. For the people, it is about all the problems that make up our lives, and they rarely give a damn for those, except in an opportunist way to get the votes! Look at capitalism: 98% poor and 2% mega rich! Look at communism: only the elite can live (more or less) normally, the rest have to squeeze in little (free) flats and eat every second day! Look at every damn system under the sun. Those who govern, and those who are governed. That's about it!

Brutus58 likes this.
  4. Neophyte

5. Neophyte

6. Neophyte

7. Neophyte

Brutus58 likes this.
  8. Neophyte

9. Neophyte

itshot and Brutus58 like this.
  10. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

Stupid fucking idiots.

Brutus58 likes this.
  11. Neophyte

12. Incs

Incs Account Deleted

Well, as the saying goes: In capitalism man exploits man, under communism it is exactly the other way round.

13. Neophyte

14. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

WELL SAID!!!!!!

Neophyte likes this.
  15. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

Saw the clip on TV, she was great.

Brutus58 and Neophyte like this.
  16. Neophyte

17. Neophyte

The greatest threat to the continued existence of the United States is the Democrat Party. It's not Climate Change, it's not economic recession, it's not China or Russia, it's not Covid, it's the Democrats.

itshot, Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  18. Neophyte

Democrats, I'm referring to politicians, cannot be trusted. They don't believe that lying is unethical. Also because of their lack of integrity they cannot be trusted to commit to anything that they say. They can tell you they are going to do one thing and then they will do something else as soon as it's convenient for them. So they have to lay out everything they are up to before I would trust them to say or do anything, and I would also keep them on a short leash and have several eyes on them for signs of betrayal.

Betullabond, Dane and Brutus58 like this.
  19. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Just the Dems? Didn't a a tax collector down in FL (R) just get nailed for fraud, embezzlement, ID theft, and impersonating a Police Officer? Not even making that up.

Greenberg issued his people badges and guns, at Tax Collector budget expense. Then used his badges to pull people over for traffic stops. Funneled Tax Collector Budget money to his private company that he housed in the top floor of the Tax Collector's office to boot. And his badly installed server for that business caused a fire. Took IDs people had renewed that his office was supposed to destroy and issued copies for his, sometimes, underage sugar babies to use them. I will lay off Gaetz because that is all thin "alleged" right now. But there is a tacit connection. Waiting on better proof on the Gaetz stuff before I say he did it.

How about Rick Scott? The current Senator and former Governor. Also the CEO of what was (and still might be) the largest Corporate Medicare Fraud case in history (He was the CEO of the company that was caught).

This is not R vs D. This is scientists saying (I have seen few if any scientists who disagree without ties to Oil, Coal).

I am saying, we likely are not "breaking the earth" and at the same time "Coal Country needs to let go of the three shift mine dream and retrain for other jobs". We should not stay on Oil and Coal simply to "not damage companies that are central to a region". I would, for example, support letting them mine more Coal. But a huge rider. They have to employ HUMANS. We should to relax regulations to let them do it with ROBOTS because "that is their business model".

20. Neophyte

Well I guess I'll have to fall back on general qualities of Liberals and Conservatives. Conservatives trend towards individualism so individual Conservatives can do unethical things. Liberals trend towards collectivism, so the entire group can do unethical things. So you have individual Republicans doing bad things or you have the entire group of Democrats doing bad things. You can easily weed out individual bad actors, but it's very difficult to clear out the entire group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.