1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Political Memes and Quotes

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

2. MrDude

MrDude Trusted Member

So this Jordan Peterson fellow seems to give us some common ground. I agree with a lot of what he's saying, and even the parts I disagree with are presented with a solid grounding in reality and logic that we could have a reasonable discussion about it. He's someone I could agree to disagree with, but I'd be open to learning from. Interestingly, I think the second video speaks directly to some of the things I disliked about @Timcast. I.E. Tim could use some of the personal work that Dr. Peterson talks about before Tim continues his youtube activism.

3. Neophyte

Tim Pool has been changing over the last couple of years. He was very Liberal, but has been changing embracing a more Libertarian view, but I think he will eventually start switching over to the Conservative side. But all in all, I consider Tim Pool to be ordinary in intelligence. Jordan Peterson, when I first heard him, I considered to be a very intelligent person. He is very precise with his speech and knowledgeable on the subjects he speaks on.

4. Bboy

Bboy Trusted Member

Some of these are really good

5. Downnhill

Downnhill Trusted.Member

Well, considering the work Tim Poole does and that if I would place myself into his place, I would most likely slowly turn into conservative side. Personaly I have to all the time remind myself that most "news" I read, be it from US or Europe, those articles are written by "journalists" that are employed to make money for their publisher. Propaganda and smearing campaigns are everywhere. Anyone who tries to be voice of reason, would get him/herself into a twist in long run.

Hypocrisy, which I think is next biggest sin after murder, has become almost like second nature to the people. I find it disgusting really, and now days are considering myself partially libertarian. I've long time ago learned to keep most of my opinions to myself, and when I share them I'm always willing to listen opinions of others. Today's cancel culture has made to make your own opinions known almost impossible.

As for Jordan Peterson, I wish he went back to what he became known in first place. While he's trying to help people, especially the young, to make them realize that there is something more to the life than some ideology. However there is a saying "Empty can rattles the most", meaning that if you have can of pennies, where pennies represents knowledge and can your head. If the can is full and you shake it, it won't make that much noise. If the can has only few pennies you give it a shake, the noise is rather loud. So imagine these young millenial leftist progressives still in school and has only started to live their life trying to be that person whose can is full of pennies, while in reality there are only few. So I'd rather see Mr. Peterson trying to get young people to live their life first than let them fill their empty heads with ideologies that are time after time shown to be fundamentally flawed.

Dane likes this.
  6. Neophyte

7. Neophyte

8. Neophyte

cc4ab144da5d9f750d4c326c289d26f3.jpg

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    Brutus58, itshot and Insp Gadget like this.
  9. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

[​IMG]

Brutus58 and itshot like this.
  10. Neophyte

11. Neophyte

12. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

itshot likes this.
  13. Neophyte

14. Neophyte

15. Insp Gadget

Meanwhile at the illegal immigrant camp in Calais, France
    the invaders are put through their final tests to gain entry into the United Kingdom.

[​IMG]

Dane, itshot and Brutus58 like this.
  16. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

Brutus58, itshot and Dane like this.
  17. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

Brutus58, Dane, itshot and 1 other person like this.
  18. Neophyte

19. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

Brutus58 and itshot like this.
  20. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

Dane, Brutus58 and itshot like this.