1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Worst Parents ever

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by buffyfan, Jul 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

So. A personal one. Because I just effectively gained a second 19 year old daughter. My Oldest's Girlfriend just got outed by someone last week to her parents. They have been together since like XX so this is nothing small. In fact Oldest (wont use names) wants to propose. So, in that week, she was thrown out (She is living in an empty office in my firm right now till I can redo a room in the guest house for her). Now this is going to court. Because when it was found out? Her Dad threw her out and SOLD all her possessions. And kept the money. Including the GAMING TOWER I bought her for graduation, Jewelry my BILs bought her (She is literally family after 4 years). We are talking a 5 FIGURE NUMBER here. And his response was "It was in MY HOUSE IT WAS MINE TO DO WITH AS I DAMNED WELL CHOOSE!". Well this asshat was served with papers on Thursday. And in depo Friday, with me, his lawyer had to explain to him that most judges wont take well to "MY HOUSE MY RULES". Because he kept using the "In my house. It belongs to ME not her.". And it was recorded.

PS. I love how my local courts wont let him stall this. Something about "A respected lawyer is suing you. So this goes to the FRONT.".

My wife calls this my "Accumulated Family Syndrome" that I share with Oldest. I have Female friend "sisters" that outnumber my actual one 14-1.

2. Era

Era New Member

Eh throw the book at the prick, imo.

3. buffyfan

We are seeking original value, not what he sold it for. Because he most likely got melt on the jewelry and "Pawn sold" the rest. His biggest problem is he had to go more than a county away to get a lawyer. I am known in the area. As someone who teaches and does Criminal Cases. If I am taking a civil case? Someone "done messed up son".

4. Era

Era New Member

Neat! Hell depending on the gaming tower alone couldn't that all count as grand theft? Or nah? given a decent rig + Jewelry is probably well over a thousand?

5. buffyfan

The gaming rig is almost 10k by itself. The jewelry was at least another 20. I just dont want her to regret getting he Father arrested, as much as they hate each other at the moment. She is moved into my guest house. I am paying for my oldest TWO daughters to go to college. This kid needs family and her biological one is not it. She is taking a semester off. I got her fast track accepted into the School I teach at, the one her future Wife (Oldest proposed) attends.

I am actually considering dropping the suit and just, maybe, getting an "Order of Protection" based on some things people witnessed when he found out. I know he wont hurt her, he is not that stupid. He would have to get past me, and my BiLs. And their sons. And my Batshit CRAZY wife. And Oldest, who was taught Hand to Hand and shooting by her "Uncles" (all of whom are LEOs or retired US Mil).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.