1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Why California Should Be A Province

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Insp Gadget, Apr 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Hey, Alaska's a State, isn't it ? Just imagine the beauty of such a symmetry ! A nice cool State in the USA, a nice warm Province in Canada ?

And the positioning would look so nice on a map ... like a sharing of each other ... aaaaahh ...

And the politics of the proposition ? Hell, California would fit right in up here - it'd be like a left-wing marriage made in ... wherever such events take place.

There must be so many more reasons. 'Cause it's an idea whose time has come.

:)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  2. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

Given that California has a larger population and economy than Canada that would immediately double the population and economy of Canada.

Akbloke and Insp Gadget like this.
  3. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

What would really happen is that all Canadians would have to do everything the Californians tell them to do. All laws and policies would be enacted by California.

4. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

What's more likely to happen is California, Oregon, Washington and British Columbia will all form a Peoples Republic, with the Capital in Vancouver just for political correctness. May they enjoy their new union, at least they wouldn't have to put up with the bullshit in Washington and Ottawa.

Now if we could only get rid of Alberta somehow.....................

5. Neophyte

All of the bullshit in Washington is coming from California. Pelosi is from California, Shiff is from California, Harris is from California, and the list goes on.

6. jillicious

jillicious Incestuous Story Writer

I guess that's one way to get all the Hollywood assholes to make good on their promises to move to Canada.

muttley likes this.
  7. pussycat

It certainly does. You're from California.

:cool:

Akbloke likes this.
  8. Neophyte

That is incorrect. I am living in California, I am not from California. I am honest enough to point out all the things my country and state are doing wrong. I don't stick my head into the sand to ignore all the stupid things that my country does, like some people.

9. Insp Gadget

Sobering statistics for sure. But just think of all those good people finally getting to become truly Liberal.

Hell, anyone can be a democrat - I consider myself to be democratic. But to be a Liberal with a capital 'L' ?

Why, it's like California dreaming ...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  10. pussycat

Who cares. You're broadcasting from California, you're from California. And as you just said, it's your State.

"All the things that your state is doing wrong"? In your opinion, which is obviously a minority viewpoint in your state.

I have very close friends in California. They complain a lot too. Mostly that the state is not doing enough of the things that you complain about.

Do you really think you have any chance of California swinging to the right? Honestly?

11. Neophyte

We have a better chance of changing California back to the Right than you have of changing Communist Canada back to a democracy.

12. pussycat

Getting desperate are we?

:rolleyes:

13. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

Most of the people I know would leave California to get away from the radical liberals, corrupt politicians, welfare recipients who vote for the corrupt liberal politicians, and illegal aliens. There is only one thing stopping us...

The weather. There is no other place in the US with weather like in Southern California.

If you Canadians really want to help we could send you a few million of those radical liberals, corrupt politicians, welfare recipients who vote for the corrupt liberal politicians, and illegal aliens. Maybe Quebec would be a good place to put them.

Insp Gadget likes this.
  14. Insp Gadget

I get what you're saying, Neo. And I'll also admit that there is a faction here in Canada who delight in seeing the USA fail at something.

I don't know whether it's out of envy or their own anger, whatever, I don't give a shit.

And we're too often quick to take offence - that bitching we were doing about 3M and the masks ? It's a USA company for god's sake !

Why on earth would they short-change their own people to supply us with masks ? What kind of morons would expect them to ?

Sometimes I think we need to grow a pair up here.

15. Insp Gadget

Wait a sec, who said anything about moving ? Did Alaska move ? Just join the newly-formed Liberal Party of California, put up that new Provincial flag I made for you* (do I have to climb up the pole, too?) and it's done !

But if they really want to go to Quebec, there's this place just outside of Montreal, in an area that's frequented by a lot of upstate New Yorkers, too. Gated community ... publicly funded ... free of annoyance from the local authorities or media ... ;)

*I'll need to work the Star in somehow, any ideas ?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  16. Neophyte

If civil unrest comes to California, you have to understand that the Liberals control a lot of the manufacturing, but the Conservatives control most of the food. Can you go longer of, not getting the next iPhone or not getting your next meal.

17. Insp Gadget

Another great idea. Sure ... why not ? Why on earth would a place like North America need oil anyay ? We'll just have to run all those engines on fairy dust.

18. pussycat

Sorry, you can't. The border is closed. Maybe we could make an exception and send you a couple of million rednecks from Alberta.
    Actually, you guys can just take Alberta. Please.

19. pussycat

Oh, just to let you know, Gadget. That room you wanted in a nice long term care facility is ready. I took the liberty of moving you up the list (don't thank me, that's what friends are for).
    It's in Bobcaygeon, nice little town.

:)

Insp Gadget likes this.
  20. sockpuppet

sockpuppet Trusted.Member

But what's up with some of those Province names? They should be changed. British Columbia hasn't been British in what, a hundred and fifty years? Call it Canadian Columbia. Yukon is ok but Nunavut? I agree, very few people live there. Most will have none of it. But why not change it to Yukoff. And Manitoba, every Canadian believes for political correctness' sake it should be Womanitoba. And Quebec, It's not Ontario. It should be Offtario. A couple others. Change Winnipeg back to its original name, Winapig. And Winnipegosis sounds like a disease. Call it Lake Gadget.

Insp Gadget likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.