1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

What's the Deal With Climate Change

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Apr 25, 2019.

?

Which Climate Change Faction Do You Most Identify With

1. Alarmist

17.9%
  2. Advocate

25.6%
  3. Undecided

2.6%
  4. Skeptic

35.9%
  5. Denier

17.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

California being on fire has nothing to do with climate and everything to do with the Democrat/Liberal super majority refusing to make it so that the fires aren't so dangerous. These are the same geniuses that allow medieval diseases to make a return.

Brutus58 likes this.
  2. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Now that is a FACT!

itshot likes this.
  3. sockpuppet

sockpuppet Trusted.Member

Climate change is real. Climate change is natural. Human activities accelerate or slow the pace, but climate change is going to happen. To retard the pace, replace coal and oil energy generation with safe nuclear, tidal, wind and solar energy. Any place that has climate, Terra, Venus, Mars, or anyplace with an atmosphere will have climate change. There is NO climate change on Luna. Because there is no atmosphere and therefore no climate.

And spare me the noise from the celebrity greens. If you greens want to impress me, give up your private jets, limousines and big houses. Otherwise what you are saying means, "If you proles will just use less, there will be so much more for us."

itshot and Brutus58 like this.
  4. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

It is cheaper, faster and more practical to adapt the human race to the new climate than it is to stop the climate from changing. Adapting the human race is possible where stopping the climate from changing is not.

Dane and Insp Gadget like this.
  5. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

When the dinosaurs roamed the earth it was significantly warmer than it is now. Maybe the Earth, like the stock market, is going through an adjustment to return to it's normal state (level). Which means that it's going to happen with or without us (or Al Gore). Besides, ocean currents have an effect on global weather and temperature which are effected by platetechtonics (sp). How can humans alter/stop those movements? As well as volcanic activities (volcanic winters). Pretty much the same thing as a "nuclear winter". If you need to you can look up "Little Ice Age". Global temperatures dropped, early winters, failed crops with mass starvation.

itshot likes this.
  6. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

How Dare You (Quoting Greta)

Brutus58 likes this.
  7. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

OOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPSSSY!

itshot likes this.
  8. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Brutus58 likes this.
  9. cuzluster

cuzluster Trusted.Member

hope all the ones visiting Madrid went there by sailboat and bicycle. hate to think any of 'em jetted into town. ;)

Brutus58 likes this.
  10. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

But that is EXACTLY not how they got there. Private jets and HUGE mega yachts.

11. 5tvvd

5tvvd Trusted Member

Completely agree it’s just a distraction for the GP

12. 5tvvd

5tvvd Trusted Member

California is ALWAYS on fire. Willing to bet it’ll be on fire during the next “Ice Age” too

Brutus58 likes this.
  13. 5tvvd

5tvvd Trusted Member

Lots of people have mentioned if the alarmists are right, the only solution is mass murder of all humans

pussycat likes this.
  14. 5tvvd

5tvvd Trusted Member

“Electric cars” are not a solution. Just look up the damage from a cobalt mine along with the slave workers used to mine it.

15. 5tvvd

5tvvd Trusted Member

1 point for SpaceX!!!

16. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

You know that won't happen by choice, the governments of the world have too much greed directing them to get money from everybody instead of helping anyone. That silly little teenager all the liberals feign over is perfect truth that their lies are being accepted as truth.

If you are a Christian, I'm sure you'll agree with me that sometime in the not-too-distant future, it's going to get a lot hotter than this!

Brutus58 likes this.
  17. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

In the time of the dinosaurs the average temperature of the Earth was much warmer than it is now. Then came the Ice Age with mass extinctions of many species. Why weren't there protests about "global cooling"? The earth is just returning to it's former temperature whether we like it or not/protest it or not. We, as humans, play only a minute part in the process. Next thing youknow is someone saying human activity causes volcanoes to erupt or fault line to rupture. There will be some fools who agree/believe and protest that!

18. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

If the liberals start declaring it, they will do it long enough and all other liberals will believe it as fact.
    Dems, center and leftists all believe with their feelings, never their minds.

Brutus58 likes this.
  19. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

There are people on both sides of any political spectrum that will believe whatever crap is shovelled at them. Liberal or conservative. Democrat or Republican, Labour or Communist, they all just spout the party line and condemn the other side as idiots or whatever derogatory term they prefer. There is no point trying to reason with these people, it's a waste of time.
    Personally, I think they are the idiots, but it doesn't bother me, I normally just ignore them. You can't cure stupid.
    Sometimes you just have to shake your head and bow to the absurd.

itshot, Dane and Brutus58 like this.
  20. medo

medo Trusted Member

true

curiousFred and Brutus58 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.