1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

What are you doing right now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by valentinebunny, Jun 6, 2016.

1. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Yea but I also thought it had to do something with the brain it controls the opposit side of the body if that makes sense. the left side of your brain controls the right side of your body and vice versa. Is that not right? Like a stroke if you have one on the right side the left side of the brain is the problem. I'll have to get my old medical book out again. :p

Princess Amy and Lustingmom1 like this.
  2. Lustingmom1

Lustingmom1 I love my son and daughter

This is all correct, allison, and it also works the same way for sensation (the brain receives the information on the opposite side from where it comes), and this is true for pain, as well. The brain "knows" where the inputs are coming from and where the outputs are going and makes the cognitive correction. Think about pain. When you stub your right toe, the message goes to the left side of the brain, but you perceive the pain to be coming from your right toe. However, these general crossing rules apply only to muscles you have voluntary control over (things you can move by thinking about) and things that are part of the skeletal system, ot the tissues around it. The internal organs and smooth muscles are wired to the brain in a much more diffuse manner, but the end result is the same (the brain just makes different corrections to the perception). In general, pain from most organs will be localized to approximately where the organ sits in the body. For example, you are consciously aware that your lungs are in the center of your chest, one on the right and one on the left. When you breath in noxious chemicals, you feel the pain at about the location your lungs are. Similarly, when you have an appendicitis attack you feel the pain roughly localized to where the appendix is on the right side hanging down off the large intestine. For all the lateralized organs e.g., spleen (on the left side in most people), and the gall bladder and appendix (on the right side for most people) when there is inflammation you feel it about where on the side the organ is located.

The heart is a bit different because of it's interactions with so many other body parts besides the brain . In actuality, the radiating pain that is signaling a heart attack, can go down either arm, and I think that for women, a greater percentage feel it in the right arm than the left (and this is consistent with your prior post). Many people also feel it radiating to the neck, shoulders, and even the navel.

3. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Thank you very much for the info and I thought I was correct in which arm would hurt before a heart attack. :)

Princess Amy likes this.
  4. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Cruising the forum. :)

Princess Amy likes this.
  5. Irish_Incest

Irish_Incest Trusted.Member

Waiting for 1 of the twins in my group to email me college stuff.

I wouldn't mind so much only I was meant to get this hours ago, and it's now 23.50pm, it turns out they forgot to send it to me, I still have to edit the document and add stuff and it's due in just over 9 hours.

And I wanted an early night :(

Princess Amy and allison17 like this.
  6. Irish_Incest

Well shit, turns out the twin who was meant to send me the stuff is drunk so between that and making sure what they sent me is right, I think I have it finished and ready to upload

7. Princess Amy

Princess Amy Account Deleted

Playing on the ps4

allison17 likes this.
  8. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

working with a newbie friend of mine. ;):)

I'll teach them one of these days. :p

Princess Amy likes this.
  9. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Just got back from KFC yuuuuuuuuuuum! :)

Princess Amy likes this.
  10. Princess Amy

Princess Amy Account Deleted

MAKING PIZZA DOUGH FOR THE BAR TONIGHT:)

Akbloke and allison17 like this.
  11. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

My favorite food. mmmmmmmm! :)

Princess Amy likes this.
  12. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Just chilling right now. already ran my morning errands.

Princess Amy likes this.
  13. Irish_Incest

Watching a movie, drinking tea and having a sandwich

14. muffdiver

muffdiver RIP (1948-2017)

Eating my fish hushpuppies and coleslaw watching the news and waiting on LivePD to come on.

allison17 likes this.
  15. wolvenmensch

wolvenmensch New Member

I'm reading your post and typing this response.

16. Irish_Incest

Just finished cleaning my room and changing the bed sheets, now watching a movie and trying to decide of I want to go for a pint in this beautiful weather or study

allison17 likes this.
  17. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Having donuts and soda while I check out the threads. :)

Irish_Incest likes this.
  18. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Just letting you know that is not a good way to get on the good side of my dad,the HEAD MAN IN CHARGE. You could have come up with something better to say than that.

Irish_Incest likes this.
  19. Irish_Incest

Trying to decide what I want for dinner and wondering where a certain amazing gorgeous German Woman is hiding to I can surprise her with a kiss on the cheek, a hug, a cuddle and make sure she's alright

allison17 likes this.
  20. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

She had a doctor app about her heart bro. she will be back later. :)

Akbloke and Irish_Incest like this.