1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Well Trump be impeached?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Jjkmjkk, Jan 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jjkmjkk

Jjkmjkk Trusted Member

Hi, I just want your opinion if Trump will be formally impeached or this will all blow over.

2. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

As I remember the process he's already been impeached by the House of Representatives. The next step is a Senate trial to see if he should be removed from office. That's not likely since it takes a two thirds vote in the Senate to remove. Assuming that all Democrats vote to remove, they would need about 20 Republicans to vote with them. So far that seems unlikely to happen.

EggHead, wildcatcub and curiousFred like this.
  3. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

Trump will be acquitted by the Reps and laugh his head off at the idiots.

4. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

So the Iranian leader is threatening just about every country in the world, these twats are full of hatred and bile,
    makes me wonder what they could achieve with love and being good neighbours, instead of completes assholes.

5. jefferyb100

jefferyb100 Trusted Member

Unless Trump says or does something really stupid he should be acquitted. If the republicans cross party lines many will likely not be elected again and out of a job.

6. aalpaca1

aalpaca1 Trusted Member

He was already impeached

However, I don't see any chance of him being removed. I don't think guilt or innocence is a factor. The only thing that matters is the degree to which plausible deniability can be maintained among his supporters, and the people who support Trump either don't believe he's guilty or don't care.

7. texasj65

texasj65 Deviant Extraordinaire

Democrats voted orange man bad because they can't cope with loss.

jillicious likes this.
  8. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

That whole House of Rep.s "impeachment was a dog and pony show. Lots of smoke an mirrors. No Republicans allowed. No defense allowed. Secret, closed door sessions. These people were screaming 'impeach!" before he even took the oath of office. Only when the "Russian Collusion" proved to be a lie, did they come with a new lie. The crazy left are trying to pull off a coup. That's in direct contradiction to the oath of office each one of them swore. They should each be arrested and tried for treason (same "fair" trial they gave President Trump) and sentenced. Maybe they should be sent to N. Korea. I'm sure they would be welcome with open arms.

9. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Guilty of what exactly? "Collusion" proved to be a hoax payed for by Hillary. "Now" it's "abuse of power". The same abuse wielded by Bill (the rapist) and Barack (the lieing Muslim). In other words, no abuse.

10. jillicious

jillicious Incestuous Story Writer

I'm quite disappointed in the house democrats. There is nothing in the articles of impeachment that is a crime. Not a damn thing. It is not a crime to obstruct congress. That is his job. It is their job to obstruct him. They have no specifics to what it means to the "abuse of power". Without definition it is a useless sham.

This was bad news for all Americans. Impeachment will now become a political tool instead of its intended purpose. I've never seen a political party shoot themselves in the foot as regularly as the democrat party has over the last three years. The next five years is going to be entertaining.

11. texasj65

texasj65 Deviant Extraordinaire

Trump hurt their feelings.
    After all, it was her turn.

Brutus58 and jillicious like this.
  12. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

It must have been very embarrassing for Hillary to lose a rigged election.

KinkyJohn82, TopGun and Brutus58 like this.
  13. SecretWishes

SecretWishes Trusted.Member

Just curious... he's been impeached, but have the indictments been released yet? I don't remember seeing what the charges are to declare "abuse of power"... what specific charges are they charging him on?

The Clinton and Johnson impeachments had the specific charges declared less than 72 hours after impeachment was completed. Have the charges been released yet?

Brutus58 likes this.
  14. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

With so much rhetoric being spewed, I can't tell/not sure. All I know is that I never want to be president. With that said, that's where I'll most likely end up.

15. TopGun

TopGun Trusted.Member

The obstruction of Congress charge was because he declared Executive priveledge on his team testifying and instead of taking it to court the dumbass dems wanted it quickly to go to the Senate where they knew Schumer would cry foul if they didn’t allow the testimony.
    Vote on the lame shit the house sent and get it over quickly.

If you want to bring charges against Trump and they are valid then do it the right way so the American people can see it was done right. These folks have been against him before he even took office
    Imagine being Hillary. You’ve run three times and the third was rigged in your favor and you still lost.
    Take your ass somewhere and sit down

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2020
    Brutus58 and jillicious like this.
  16. SecretWishes

SecretWishes Trusted.Member

Legal "Obstruction of justice" using legal means? Not much of a charge there...

Last I heard, it's legal to be a jerk, too... not a very good image to present, but legal...

Soo... what's left?

17. cancandiddid

cancandiddid Trusted Member

Hope so but don't think so :(

18. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Brutus58 likes this.
  19. Neophyte

Brutus58 likes this.
  20. Neophyte