1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Trump Wins!!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Dad's toy, Nov 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Amy. The main problem with that meme is the fallacy that "Obama Phone" is a thing. Here is the actual history. There was a program instated by 40 (not 44) to give low or no cost Land Lines to the poor so they could have phone numbers to find jobs in 1984. 42 expanded it. 43 (not 44) expanded that to cell phones. All parts of Lifeline (the actual name) were in action by 2008 or before. In 2012 though, Obama's FCC started looking into the waste and fraud. The "Free Phone" is completely the Cell Companies competing for that business.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/cellphone.asp

annab2 likes this.
  2. texasj65

texasj65 Deviant Extraordinaire

If the left didn't like the obama phone meme, why did they use it as a reason to re elect that turd?

5988c15cb303534d563271863c1d422f6a3cf60fe9d46ffd8813a11f39b57f93.jpg

and back to the topic of this thread

TW.jpg

Zarp and annab2 like this.
  3. annab2

annab2 Trusted Member"It ain't pretty being easy!"

Yeppers, Having a backbone would be nice!:rolleyes:

4. buffyfan

So. That was one woman. Then the Conservative side of the media played that over and over. Even if people elected him for that. it was not something he actually did. My response was more comparing something Trump enacted in office to something that Obama had no part of. Three of the last 4 before him built that whole program. And "Market Competition" for the Federal Dollars for Lifeline created "data included" and "Free Phones".

Should that program be looked at and made sure there is no fraud or waste? Yes. Should it be done away with? No. That is a subsidy that actually helps people get jobs. You can not get a job if you have no phone number. But it should be minutes and texting (I have sent "Call me about the job" followups before to candidates). Because I know a lot of people, just like I do, do not answer "unknown numbers".

5. Princess Amy

Princess Amy Account Deleted

6. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

He may have one but he is not winning now.....just saying. We still have Obamacare :eek:

That is one campain that went down the drain. He can't blame the dems for this but yet he is he had enough republicans to pass it without a dem voting at all. that is what you cal bad governm. I think the man is in way over his head and I voted for him. o_O

7. buffyfan

The problem there is there is just enough people on the FC to knock it down if they dont get their way and a few Dems dont join. There were enough moderates who won by a thin enough margin that if they sided with the FC their days could be numbered (2018) if enough people were unhappy. The problem is, ironically, Obama was their shield for a split in the party. They could say "We cant do this and that because he will just veto and we cant beat it." Turns out the problem was the Moderates vs the Freedom Caucus. But they did not have recognize that as long as the "veto" was on the table. R seats in NY and CA are vastly different from R seats in UT, WY and KS.

allison17 likes this.
  8. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Thank you Buff my friend from that other place. The way I see it is he has a hard road to go if he can't get his on party to go with him. Of course the dems was not going to vote on that. I bet they were standing in the hallway laughing their ass off. We will find out on his tax reform next. The only thing is now he knows who won't follow him on his side of things and he will use his famous two words......YOUR FIRED!!!!!

9. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Well now he has tweeted that it was the repbulicans fault and he is willing to work with the dems. I don't see that happening. He needs to keep off that damn tweeter and live at the white house where he belongs instead of trump tower where he is out of touch with whats going on. I am starting to lose my faith in him. I damn sure did not want Hillary in there but it's like to trump this is all a damn game and his ego. I see one or two things down the road unless something changes,impeachment or this will be his only term if it keeps going like it is.

10. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

Silver lining - regardless of what happens, Hillary is not President.

allison17 likes this.
  11. buffyfan

Let blacken that a little. If the Rs dont get together, and the only way I see that is possibly speaker Ryan telling the FC to sit down, shut up and work with the middle? There may be only a Minority Leader Ryan left. And if that does not happen and civil war within continues? The Ds could put up someone worse. President Bernie?

The honest truth is, and I say this all the time. THe government can NOT run like a business as we think of it. I knew this when Mike Bloomberg tried it as mayor. Inevitably CEOs in office forget they are NOT the final voice. The Courts and Legislature are equals that can unilaterally shut the "CEO in Chief" down. Lets look at Bloomies "Soda ban". The City Council told him "Hell no!". So he just CEOed himself an order to the NYC Heath Department to make a new rule doing what he wanted. And the courts shut his ass down.

A business owner in the Exec branch chair has trouble adjusting to the fact their are ONE voice. Not THE voice. That the other 2 branches are not there to enforce his will. That is the real difference. Trump sometimes comes across like he thinks that Congress is his Executive Advisory Board. Who suggest then obey his commands. ANd the the courts are there to defend his position, like his personal legal department.

allison17 likes this.
  12. buffyfan

I see his next REAL test happening in 2 months. Once Barron is done for the year, does he MAKE Milania and Barron move to DC full time.

It bothers me that we all of a sudden accept that there is a WH, White House North (Trump Tower) and South (Maro Lago).

13. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

I have a slightly different take on this. I don't like what the Republicans did on this bill to end the ACA, I think that they were stupid in the fact that they were unable to pass it. But I understand that I'm not going to agree with everything that they do. I can't say if it was good or bad, because I'm not familiar with the contents of this bill. But I think of the Democrats, whether they agreed with the Bill or disagreed with it, whether they thought it was the greatest thing on earth or that it would cause the downfall of mankind, if the Democrat's leadership told them to vote for it they would. I'm willing to accept the diversity of thought of the Republicans over the single mindedness of the Democrats.

14. buffyfan

The problem is, here, you have a faction who wont vote for any Healthcare bill that is much short of "Free Market Decides with a BAN on any future laws". And that is 29 seats. Only 28 are needed ATM to kill a bill with the Dems. And if the Rs vote with the 29. There are enough that had close elections who could lose them in 18 if they side with the FC. As I pointed out, a NY or CA dem is different from a midwest one. And if too many "moderate seats" are lost? The Rs lose the House. Their best bet would be to talk to the Dems and "fix" ACA rather than "Repeal ACA and pass our own new bill". They only need 28 moderates (There were Ds who were close too) on the D side to win.

In the end. We need to go back to where Congress worked together. Not "Resist and block unless we are in power". They are there to serve their little "kingdom of voters". Not the PARTY behind their name. And a NY, NJ, CA R is not REQUIRED to make the citizens of Kansas happy. Peter King (R) serves a portion of Long Island. He is there to represent them. Not the "Party Pillars". He sure as hell does not answer to people one town over from his district, let alone 2000 miles away.

15. Neophyte

From what I hear, several members of the Freedom Caucus were fed up with the results. A couple of members have already quit the caucus.

allison17 likes this.
  16. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

I think he thought he could just go in there and bully everyone around to go with what he says. Now we have this Russia deal going on what's up with that? Could that be something that could be a reason to impeach him? I am now starting to wish I did not vote for him. In fact I did not make up my mind until I entered the voting booth. I was raised as a liberal,so yes now everyone knows but when I entered the booth I just could not vote for Hillary. Now if I am hated because I am a liberal so be it. That is why I don't reply much in this thread because it seems like everyone here hates liberals, well now Trump is begging them to help him. Imagine that. I can't blame them for laughing at him. He is a business man who is in over his head. He won't even go to important meetings because he thinks he already knows everything. well he doesn't and he better start working with people instead of it's his way or the Highway. I think this is starting to sink in I hope. Also the best thing he could do is stay of of tweeter the media will just rip him apart no matter if it's the truth or not.

17. Neophyte

Aaahh a liberal, hiss hiss. LOL.:p I really don't care if you are a liberal or conservative, though I draw the line at the greenies. I think he miscalculated, he probably thought that the politicians would make intelligent choices based on a common goal. Since this has failed he will recalculate making adjustments and continue on. The next objective will be different. Being a businessman allows him to adjust and make changes on past failures. A politician would do the same thing over and over without change.

allison17 likes this.
  18. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Shhhh don't mention I am a liberal. Like it's to late right........ :p

That's ok this is one liberal in the forum that can put a stop to anyone flaming me for it. ;):)

19. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

It's okay as long as you are not a radical liberal, and can think for yourself.

20. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

I can think for myself believe that. To be truthful I did not want to vote for either one but I find it is my duty to vote so I crossed parties. I don't know how it will turn out but I just could not vote for crooked Hillary. ;):)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.