1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Trump Wins!!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Dad's toy, Nov 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muffdiver

muffdiver RIP (1948-2017)

Better check your history, that's one in 50 years. Not what you would call an overwhelming amount. The KKK was decimated 50 years ago and militia groups are mostly about protecting the government now. There have been 11 terrorist attacks in the U S in the last 15 years. Most of them during the Obama Administration.

1. February 26, 1993 World Trade Center bombing, in New York City.

2. September 11, 2001 September 11, 2001 – 4 airliners hijacked by 19 al-Qaeda members in the East Coast of the United States: two planes crashed into and destroyed the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center and surrounding buildings in New York City, one went into the Pentagon in Arlington County, Virginia, and one crashed into a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania, in a failed attempt to hit Washington, D.C. (either the White House or the U.S. Capitol), after a revolt by the plane's passengers.

3. July 4, 2002 2002 Los Angeles International Airport shooting.

4. June 1, 2009 2009 Little Rock recruiting office shooting: Addulhakim Muhajid Muhammad

5. November 5, 2009 Fort Hood shooting, at Fort Hood near Killeen, Texas. 13 dead, 33 injured.

6. April 15, 2013 Boston Marathon bombings - Two brothers, Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnev, planted two bombs near the finish line of the Boston Marathon.

7. October 23, 2014 Zale H. Thomson, also known as Zaim Farouq Abdul-Malik, attacked four New York policemen in the subway with a hatchet, severely injuring one in the back of the head and injuring another policeman in the arm before being shot to death by the remaining officers, who also shot a civilian.[72]

8. May 3, 2015 Two gunmen attacked the Curtis Culwell Center during a 'Draw Muhammad' cartoon art exhibit in Garland, Texas . 2 dead (perpetrators) 1 injured.

9. July 16, 2015 2015 Chattanooga shootings

10. December 2, 2015 In the 2015 San Bernardino attack, married couple Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik shot and killed 14 people and injured 22 others in a killing spree that the FBI was investigating as "act of terrorism"

11. June 12, 2016 49 people were killed and 53 injured in a mass shooting at a nightclub in Orlando, Florida. The shooter, Omar Mateen, pledged allegiance to ISIL by specifically calling police and journalists several times during the incident.

And these are only the U S attacks. There have been multiple attacks in France and other country too numerous to list here. These were Terrorist attacks NOT white supremacist attacks.

Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamist_terrorist_attacks

MD

annab2 and Zarp like this.
  2. muffdiver

muffdiver RIP (1948-2017)

The KKK doesn't exist today like it has in the past they are a fraction of what they used to be in the Democratic heyday of the 20's 30's 40's and the 50's. Do some research and see how many were U S citizens, don't expect someone else to do your research for you. If a muslim was let into this country and killed one of your family members would you still be tolerant of them? Not taking in refugees and closing our borders is not mean and heartless. I lock the doors to my house at night. I don't lock them because I hate the people outside my house. I lock them because I love the ones inside my house.

Because I'm almost three times your age I lived this history and I beg to differ with you on what you are saying.

annab2, i hrt strs and Curmudgeon like this.
  3. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

Incest fetish, do the research as muff suggested. The number one problem as my research has led me to is that the largest danger from the Muslim communities is their flat out refusal to follow U.S. federal and state laws. They insist on Sharia law which leads to many violent confrontations! Read up on Sharia law please. I think you will be shocked!

annab2 likes this.
  4. i hrt strs

i hrt strs Trusted.Member

cdcwonder2016_1.jpg

karel likes this.
  5. incest fetish

incest fetish BANNED

Thanks for answering my questions

6. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

Incest fetish, sorry to burst your bubble, gun control does not nor will ever work in this country! The bad guys will always find a way to get guns, or knives, or whatever kind of weapon! The suicide you mentioned may have been committed with guns but if they didn't have a gun they would have figured out another way. Legal law abiding gun owners are some of the most responsible people out there. I know I can never convince you of this so there is no use in me putting up numerical facts to try and sway your opinion.

karel and annab2 like this.
  7. Sally

Sally Account Deleted

Look I don't really want to get too deeply embroiled in this, but I'm sure you'll find that the vast majority of guns used in killing other Ajericans were legally owned. The gun laws in America are so lax it's almost impossible for a gun not to be legally owned. I think I'm right in saying that if you go to a gun fair, or whatever you call them, you can simply buy a gun there and then over the counter without any record of good character at all. Here in Australia the gun laws are very tight, and we simply don't have these monthly gun massacres that are common in the US. Sorry for butting in.

karel likes this.
  8. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

I'm not a gun owner but I do think you're mistaken.
    First off Australia has only 7% of the population in the US. You are not comparing similar populations.

There are very few reports of guns, legally owned, being used for anything other than protection.

Some of the massacres by school kids were done with legally owned guns.
    Legally owned by their parents, and used without permission of (stolen from) the parent.

The vast majority of gun deaths are by criminals.
    Criminals don't buy guns legally, they steal them.

villager likes this.
  9. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

No need to be sorry. This forum is here to have these discussions, as long as we remain civil. That said, I must say that your information seems to be incorrect.
    In cases where one person kills another person, the guns used are mostly illegal. In cases where the guns were legally owned are in suicides. The remaining cases where legally owned guns are used to kill another person is in the minority of the cases.
    Our Constitution guaranties the right for our citizens to own guns. All gun laws are meant to restrict this right.
    They're called Gun Shows and no you cannot buy a gun without documentation even at a gun show.
    That is currently true, but at one time it was not. Did you have multiple gun massacres during those times?
    Access to guns is not the cause of the violence that occurs in the U.S. It just makes it easier. The anti-gun faction here in the U.S. almost exclusively concentrate on preventing people from owning guns instead of working on the reasons that leads to the violence. They want to blame an inanimate object instead of the people.

villager and annab2 like this.
  10. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Kind of yes, kind of no. Not stolen per se. See. I can buy 500 guns in a non register state. Now, those guns do not dissipate of I take them over state lines. I can now, out of my trunk, sell them to felons and gang members. So the "steal them" is "no". They also buy them illegally. That is why I say the following. "Own 100k guns if you want. There needs to be a list of serial numbers on file somewhere. And if you own one, and then when it shows up in crime? And it was not reported stolen? There need to be questions why you CHOSE not to report it stolen." Registration, as a concept on its own, is not restriction. And as long as the next law is not passed to restrict? It is not a "slippery slope".

karel likes this.
  11. incest fetish

incest fetish BANNED

Putin's puppet

Attached Files:

12. Princess Amy

Princess Amy Account Deleted

13. annab2

annab2 Trusted Member"It ain't pretty being easy!"

~Shhhhh! Don't give liberals any false hope!~ (LOL!)

14. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

In real news though, Issa actually said he wants to appoint one.

15. texasj65

texasj65 Deviant Extraordinaire

16. annab2

Do I sense some latent hostility? (LOL!);)

17. annab2

Thanks for the heads-up, I was reading excerpts and discovered Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr! WOW! He is a very insightful man! (A seasoned Common Sense speaker!) I hope to hear more of his intuitive no-nonsense rhetoric!

18. Princess Amy

19. Princess Amy

20. Sally

Sally Account Deleted

I'm sure the staff will give you the OK for anything right of Hitler.

karel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.