1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Trump Wins!!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Dad's toy, Nov 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

The last President I voted FOR was Ronald Reagan.
    Since then I have voted FOR the lesser evil.
    So far that has meant that I have voted AGAINST the Democrat.
    I did it knowing that my vote wouldn't count.
    California's electoral votes always go to the Democrat.

2. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Before Obama Arkansas was always a blue State, since then it has been red all the way. Even when Clinton was in it was a Blue state.

3. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

I have never understood the system anyway. How can the one with the most popular votes lose? Not that I am glad she did but how in the heck does that work? that tells me why vote at all if the peoples vote doesn't count? :confused::confused:

4. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

It was designed to give small states a vote. Each state gets a minimum of 3 votes regardless of size.

Compare it to a baseball game. The team that hits the most balls doesn't necessarily win.
    They don't count hits, they count home runs.

5. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Yea I understand now. look at California. there are more people there than there are in smaller states.

6. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

But it has fallen to a level where a vote in a small state gets MORE power than a NY, CA or TX. I will bring up again WY. Something like 0.02% of the population. But 0.05% of the electorals. This is because, if I recall, in the 1920s they set a maximum House total. So census shifts 435, whereas before? As population grew? So did the EC and House.

I think the fair solution is to take "how they are allocated" for the EC away from a "state to state". And make it proportionate to total votes in the state. I say total votes and not "Districts" because of the reality of Gerrymandering by both sides. So lets say CA splits 60/40 D in 2020. R gets 40% of the EC for CA and Dems get 60. That would increase voting a lot. As Rs in CA and NY would feel they have a voice and Ds in TX would too.

allison17 likes this.
  7. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

I love it when you use your lawyer talk not that I understand it all. By the way how is the family? :)

8. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

CALLING ALL AMERICANS.

At this time our Country has many, many problems. A lot of these problems could be solved or at least improved if we (particularly Politicians and the news media) were more Patriotic and put Americans above Political Parties.

Be an American first, not a Democrat or a Republican. How can this be accomplished? True Patriotism and love of Country must be the first order of the day. America deserves it!!!!

Insp Gadget and Neophyte like this.
  9. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Good. Oldest started college.

10. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Oh yes ! ... And spoken with such passion and sense.

And make that one for all of America, my dear - because we here in Canada are sure proud of our Country - and the smart ones are proud of our Neighbours too.

So dammit - we both need to take our sovereignty back !

Iggy

allison17 likes this.
  11. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

[​IMG]

allison17 likes this.
  12. o2mero1mer

o2mero1mer Trusted Member

Look what works

allison17 likes this.
  13. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

wow has it been that long? where does time go. :) I am so glad to hear it though.

14. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

I agree 100% my friendly neighbor. :)

15. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

I know he has not even been in office for 100 days yet but I still have a couple of questions to ask.

1. Will he be impeached before the end of his term?
    2. Will he be win another term if he runs again?

I somehow think he is deep into this Russia stuff.

He could not get Obamacare repealed. He wants to make budget cuts on thing we need here to pay for the wall he said he would make Mexico pay for. Maybe it is just me But I have seen nothing but turmoil ever since he took office. Even his own party seem to shy away from him and will not back him etc etc. It never ends. He will not meet with some leaders of other Countries And he is making enemies of some Countries with his deal with NATO. What's next in his Future. He has family members with top level clearance which I don't think is right. I could go on and on but I will stop there. Comments and answers to my questions?

16. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

What no answers to my last reply???????? o_O

17. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Now he is asking liberals to help him. ;)

18. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Lets see it's up to 17 billion now from the USA taxpayers he wants us to pay to build the wall. What the hell happened to.... I will make Mexico pay for the wall??????:eek:o_O

19. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Good lord let me please keep my mouth shut and stay out of this.

20. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Its hard to close your mouth after you stick something in it like a foot. LOL.:p The chances of Trump being impeached is very small. If Obama could get away with treason and not be impeached, what can they do to Trump. And Trump didn't say that Mexico would pay for the wall upfront, but that they would build the wall and get Mexico to reimburse the U.S. through various means, including withholding financial aid and charging fees and/or tariffs on goods among many options.

One must think of why is Mexico so against building a wall. They must get some kind of benefit from having the border open. The most likely reason is that having the border open nets Mexico a financial gain. This also means that the U.S. must suffer a financial loss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.