1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

This Day in History ...

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Insp Gadget, Oct 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

Of course, all of the lineage of the Royal Houses can be joined up in the very early 1800's at the Royal Family in Denmark.....considered as the "Grandfather of Europe".

allison17 and annab2 like this.
  2. Antares

Antares The Famous LTD Doggie

Ah yes, European Royality were incest is best.

allison17, annab2 and Insp Gadget like this.
  3. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Indeed, keeping it in the family can easily become an issue of nationalism - it's a natural pattern of progression.

European Royalty as an example, for sure.

4. Antares

Its Gadget....Grab him, he wanted by the Police for land fraud of 1763:D

Insp Gadget, allison17 and annab2 like this.
  5. Insp Gadget

Good grief, don't you fed folks ever quit ?? It was 1763 ! I was young and foolish then, okay ? :D

6. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Quit that Jacobite nonsense, it wasn't valid then and certainly not now. The only legal claim is the one you can back up by force of arms, and guess what? The Catholics lost. Get over it.

:D:D

7. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

annab2 likes this.
  8. Insp Gadget

So moving right along in the spirit of time waits for no-one ...

Not much apparently happened this long weekend. ( It's a statutory holiday, after all. :) )

But Tuesday is a biggie !

Yep, because on October 10 of the year 1000 - Leif Ericson discovered 'Vinland' (now L'Anse aux Meadows in Newfoundland) becoming the first European to reach North America.
    [​IMG]

annab2 and allison17 like this.
  9. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

One thing you will learn around here if you make a mistake it will be a long time before they quit making jokes and giving you a hard time about it. ;):)

Believe me I know this from experience. :):rolleyes:

Insp Gadget likes this.
  10. Akbloke

But it is all in fun Wildchild. Think of it this way, if they didn't like you - and respect you - they wouldn't bother poking fun. But more than that ......

We LOVE YOU...!!!​

indexCA81N2Y4.gif

11. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Oh I knew it was all in fun I was just truing to point that out to him. maybe I did not do such a good job of making my point.

Thank you very much for the pretty roses and I love ya right back. :)

It feels so good to be loved by so many I am blessed. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

annab2 likes this.
  12. Akbloke

You get back what you give out Allison.......and in your case, you believe in the Good Lord....so, yes, of course Love you and care about you.

13. Antares

Mistakes who makes mistakes.??? I certainly don't. I'm Dr. Perfect, Professor of World Knowledge. I wrote all those book you keep referring me too.:D:eek::D

14. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Pfffffffft!!!! woof woof woof. :p

annab2 likes this.
  15. Antares

While this may be a bit funny, I have written a few books but I never taut myself as being an undisputed expert in anything. There is always someone out there who has that once piece of knowledge that you missed and will be only to happy to throw it back in your face. My job is very competitive with a lot of over inflated egos.

annab2, Insp Gadget and allison17 like this.
  16. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

cool beans. I was telling Anna the other day by some of the things she writes me in private she should try her hand at writing a romance book. she can come up with beautiful things that just blows my mind. I think she could do really well at writing a book of any kind.

17. Antares

I cannot speak to the world of fiction. It is far more different and creative than mine. I must deal strictly in facts which are often in dispute.

18. annab2

annab2 Trusted Member"It ain't pretty being easy!"

Yeppers, Every author knows that you only get published through
    the time-tested practice of "Trial & Error!"
    It always helps to have a very good editor and several excellent,
    well-versed and proficient "Proof-Readers!"

:)Anna

allison17 likes this.
  19. Antares

My trouble has always been that I am not out to impress the world nor am I in competition with the fellow at say Virginia Tech or Univ of Chicago or other top historical departments. Nor am I trying to beat someone to the fast draw by getting it out there first.. I just write what I know and give my opinions and don't really care what the academic world says about it in the various journals. Everybody is on an ego trip but not me. I am not looking for a part on the History Channel. Frankly I enjoy teaching more than writing but writing is how you advance by making a name for the department. So what. I care more about having my kids enjoy the subject and learn something but that doesn't win you the prize. I don't care. I've got full tenure so stuff it. I live and sleep in my little office and now that I am rid of being department chair...just leave me alone to do my thing as I see it.
    Signed,
    The Hermit

allison17, Insp Gadget and annab2 like this.
  20. annab2

annab2 Trusted Member"It ain't pretty being easy!"

That is the exact same sentiment, my Dad, held! :)
    Some of his collaborative works were, both astounding and Iconic!

:)Anna

allison17 likes this.
  21. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

I said I had a large ego, I never said it was over inflated.:p:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.