1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Serial killer on the loose in Canada.

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by curiousFred, Jul 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

A callous killer is shooting innocent travelers in Canada.
    An Australian and his American girlfriend were found shot dead at he side of highway.
    Hopefully he will be caught before killing even more people.

Insp Gadget and Danny Boy 1966 like this.
  2. Dad's toy

Dad's toy Trusted.Member

Apparently there's a third victim

toy

Insp Gadget likes this.
  3. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

RCMP appeal to public for information after 2 tourists found dead off northern B.C. highway
    [​IMG] By Jessica Vomiero National Online Journalist Global News

[​IMG]
    WATCH: At a press conference held Friday, B.C. RCMP confirm Lucas Fowler's father, an Australian investigator with the New South Wales Police Force, is travelling to Canada.

Police are asking the public for information as part of an investigation into a double homicide after two tourists were found dead in northern B.C. on Monday morning.

The RCMP have identified the victims as Australian citizen Lucas Fowler, 23, and his girlfriend Chynna Deese, 24, a resident of Charlotte, N.C.

Officers are asking for the public’s help in identifying a blue 1986 Chevrolet van with Alberta licence plates that is believed to be connected to the murders.

WATCH: B.C. RCMP confirm names of victims in Alaska Highway double murder

[​IMG]

“We’re particularly interested in speaking to anybody who has dashcam video or who had spoken to or had seen Lucas or Chynna in the area, or this blue van,” said Sgt. Janelle Shoihet, RCMP media relations officer for the Lower Mainland District, during a press briefing earlier this week.

The couple was found on the side of Alaska Highway, also known as Highway 97, in northern B.C., about 20 kilometres south of Liard Hot Springs.

curiousFred likes this.
  4. Insp Gadget

BREAKING NEWS: Two teenagers who were thought missing in Canada are named as SUSPECTS in murders of Australian backpacker and his American girlfriend
    • Kam McLeod, 19, and Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, were named as suspects on Tuesday
    • The two Canadian teenagers were described as missing on Monday by police
    • Lucas Fowler, 24, and Chynna Deese, 23, were shot dead
    • Another man who has yet to be identified was also killed nearby
    • McLeod and Schmegelsky vanished some 470km away from Fowler and Deese
    • Both are from Vancouver Island and told their families they were traveling to Whitehorse to find work
    • They dropped off the grid earlier this week and are now armed and dangerous
    • Since the killings, police say they have changed their appearances and car
    • They are now believed to have left British Columbia and are in Saskatchewan
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    curiousFred likes this.
  5. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

Not really serial killers, maybe spree killers.

Akbloke, Insp Gadget and curiousFred like this.
  6. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

I hope hey get captured before doing more damage.

Insp Gadget likes this.
  7. Insp Gadget

[​IMG] ... Let's have some Sympathy for the Devil

In an emotionally charged interview with CNN news partner CTV News**, Alan Schmegelsky said his son has been dealing with mental anguish, and plans to go out in 'a blaze of glory'.

"A normal child doesn't travel across the country, killing people. A child in some very serious pain does," he said.

Schmegelsky described his son as an introvert, saying he played a lot of video games. He said McLeod and his son were good friends, who hung out a lot together. Both had jobs at Walmart, but said they weren't making enough money and decided to go to Alberta to look for work, he said.

"I believed that's what they were going to do, and I was absolutely flabbergasted to learn that two days later, and I found this out from the paper," he said. Schmegelsky also said he believes the RCMP will 'shoot first and ask questions later'.

"Basically, he's going to be dead today or tomorrow. I know that," he told CTV. "Rest in peace, Bryer. I love you. I'm so sorry all this had to happen. I'm so sorry that I couldn't rescue you."

** Yes, we have the same 'press problem' here that the rest of America does - those lovely folks who buy up media shares so as to revise and report the news in a manner favourable to themselves. It's the fatal flaw of unrestrained capitalism.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  8. Insp Gadget

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.