1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Pop Quiz

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by allison17, Aug 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

we are just joking, you will learn how we deal with her health issues we make jokes out of them and carry on. we try to keep our hopes up and our love strong. you will learn that about us. Now in private it could be totally different but when we are on the board we always show we are happy. there have been many times I have been crying my ass off posting but I always put that smily face on. no use bringing down our friends and families when they are enjoying their self. That is just the way we handle things. :)

2. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Btw I have my own poblems myself it is not just her. but we deal with it one damn day at a time. :)

annab2 likes this.
  3. annab2

annab2 Trusted Member"It ain't pretty being easy!"

I'll admit it!
    I'm an adrenaline junky... It's how what happened to me, happened! Airborne Qualified, Bullets whizzing by,​
    Bombs exploding, the smell of gunnite hanging in the air, bangs, pops and angry bees, sex on a Trapese!​
    Don't forget to call,​
    :) ANNA​

allison17 likes this.
  4. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

There will be no calling yo about sex on a trapese young lady unless I know about it first. Just to get some pointers. ~giggles~

5. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

now we are getting off of my car pop quiz so lets roll them back into cars and motors shall we? no thread highjacking. :)

annab2 likes this.
  6. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Pointers?

I want pictures!!!!

:D

allison17 and annab2 like this.
  7. pussycat

Oh,,OK.

My guy (guys) isn't in to street rods (we do like them), these dudes restore old racing cars. When they're done, they take them to the track and thrash the hell out of them. Then they get bored and sell them and start all over again. Nobody makes any money from it, but they have fun so what the hell.
    They even let me drive the cars. Sometimes.

:(

8. annab2

It sounds to me, as if there are a lot of adrenaline junkies out there!;)
    Why are there so many people turning to really Fast and powerful vehicles to get their kicks?:cool:

These Pop-quiz's tell the story!​

allison17 likes this.
  9. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

When I was in HS, I got a car with a 302 in it, but I can't believe its the same type that you guys are talking about. The car was a Ford Torino.

10. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

I love a good ole Friday night street race with nothing but cash in hand to win or lose. ;):)

pussycat and annab2 like this.
  11. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Nope not the same it was probably like the one that came in the "1974 Maverick grabber" pure stock with an automatic tranyy but since the Maverick was light it had enough power to zip around in. the torino was actually more of a family car to go for rides on a Sunday. It was a heavy car and the 302 did not just give it justice. :)

annab2 likes this.
  12. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

The ones we are talking about today are made strickly for racing like the Roush 302. Bad to the bone it has been blue printed and bored and stroked it probably will turn out 375 to 400 hp. :)

13. annab2

Some of those Torino's, were outfitted with Ford's 429 cubic inch displacement Cobra-Jet Engines!:D

No trash talking allowed!​

allison17 likes this.
  14. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

true dat!!!! they were also a lot more expensive for a family in the 70's that kind of money was hard to come up with unless you were a white collar worker. :)

annab2 likes this.
  15. pussycat

The race engines usually based on the Boss 302 block (slightly different). Ours should be around 600BHP with the Hillebrand injection.
    Back in the day (mid 70's, long before I wuz around) the F5000 cars made about 750BHP in a 1400 lb car (that's what we're trying to build if we can find a chassis).

16. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

My mom got her Fairlane with a 351 Cleveland in it, It was the quietest engine I have ever heard in a car. My friend liked it so much he got in in his Ranchero 500. And my engine was a Boss.

17. annab2

"BUILT FOR SPEED, NOT FOR MERCY!"
    1970 FORD MACH1-429-CJ.jpg

78-FORD-F250-HIGHBOY-4X4.jpg
    WooHoo.gif WooHoo.gif

allison17 likes this.
  18. leftout4

leftout4 Trusted.Member

Not a 'VW Bus" in the bunch. You all need to branch out a bit, speed and power ain't everything.

allison17 likes this.
  19. slisse

slisse Moderator Staff Member

This is all too complicated for us, Belgian monks.
    Most of the travels we do is by feet.
    If a car stops to give us a lift, then the only thing we need to know is where we can sit!

And, even only 1 horsepower is enough or us!

1hp.jpg

allison17 likes this.
  20. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

They also had a 351 Winnser ( mis speld that I know) Sometime they were hard to figure out which was which. I thank the cleveland had the 4 bolt main and the other one did not if I am not mistaken. I am really nout a car nut be there use to be a drag strip about an hour from my house that me and friends went to then they closed it down but they left it open for the people who loved street racing and that was cool too. even the cops would come and check it out know we were not suppose to be there. Yes it was against the law to race there after the owners shut it down because of liability but like I said the cops were cool and it kept all the young people out of trouble. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.