1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Pop Quiz

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by allison17, Aug 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

I was just thinking the way the doors open on the DeLorean would be rough on short or fat people to close it. unless it is automatic :p

annab2 likes this.
  2. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

There is a leather strap attached to the door that hangs down, so all you need to do is pull on the strap.

annab2 likes this.
  3. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

I always wondered about these cars with the gull wing doors, what happens if you flip it? How do you get out if you're upside down? I would have thought the government with all its safety regs would have stepped in and said hey wait a minute, you can't do that.
    Just wondering.

:oops:

annab2 and Neophyte like this.
  4. pussycat

Never would have guessed. It would make a neet street rod though, how many people have a 32 Study?

:D

annab2 and allison17 like this.
  5. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

they only made 500. the question is how many have survived? Yes it would have made an awesome street rod just not enough power under the hood from the factory.

annab2 likes this.
  6. pussycat

Good small block Chevy cures most things.

:)

annab2 likes this.
  7. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

big block ford cures more. ;)

annab2 likes this.
  8. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Later I am taking a break. :)

annab2 likes this.
  9. GMason1313

GMason1313 Trusted.Member

So my '70 Chevelle was punched out .30 over and I was running a Holley 750 double pumper on an Edelbrock high-rise intake manifold with a 3/4 racing cam. The gearing was too tall at .516 but with a 3500 RPM stall speed torque converter, that fucking car would pull wheelies and scare the living shit out of anyone in the passenger seat. Top speed with that set up was about 65 MPH.

I swapped out the rear end gears to .373s and dropped a 625 CFM Edelbrock 4 barrel carb on it. I couldn't get the front wheels off the ground but now my top speed was 100 MPH +. After blowing up a couple of transmissions, I put in a custom B&M TH400 3 speed automatic but with no vacuum modulator so it was, in essence, a 3 speed manual with no need for a clutch. This set up consistently turned 13 second quarters.

I finally sold it to some guy in Cincinnati for about what I had into it over the years. It was getting close to needing a valve job and I needed cash worse than I needed a hot rod. Sometimes I wish I still had it but mostly I look forward to grabbing a 67 someday!

Also, the Judge was an option package on the GTOs so you could buy a GTO and not have all the Judge options and decals.

10. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

You were very lucky to get your money back out of it. As we know rarely do we get back from what we put into it. Me I am a ford fan always have been always will be. I like the older 428 cobra jet and the 429 interceptor with a holly 4 barrel Now days all you see is fuel injection. I like vehicles that still have carbs. I don't need a computer to plug into it to turn the power up I can adjust the carb or change a different gear to get out front the first 60 feet and if they have not caught me by then they are not going too. Now it also depends on how many hits of nitro you have but the more nitro you hit it with it's not going to last that long and you will be rebuilding a new motor. I saw a man put 3 stages of nitro on his car one night and it blew up like a bomb when he hit the 3rd kit. If you can't make a street rod without using more than 2 kits of nitro you are in the wrong hobby.

GMason1313 and annab2 like this.
  11. pussycat

We're normally Ford people, my Dad and Uncle worked for them for years, but one problem with them., Fords cost a lot more to build, the Chevy parts are a dime a dozen.
    There's a brand new Jack Roush 302 sitting in my garage still in its crate. It's just waiting for a home.

;)

:):)

12. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

that is awesome you got the 302 sitting in the garage. Is it a crate motor? This is going to sound silly but the only reason I am a Ford fan is because my dad was a die hard ford man and that was all he would allow to sit in his yard so when I got old enough to drive of course he bought me a ford. That how I became a ford fan and he taught me how to tinker with them and fix things myself instead of having to take it to a garage. Laffin!!!!!

13. annab2

annab2 Trusted Member"It ain't pretty being easy!"

.​
    Send it to me! I need a new power plant in my power chair! ;)

allison17 likes this.
  14. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

woooooooooohooooooooo sweety, you would be doing burnouts on Jim's feet. You would also have the worlds record to the mail box and back. :);):p

~smoooooooooooooooooooooches~

annab2 likes this.
  15. annab2

Yeppers, 0-60/1.2 seconds! :eek:

allison17 likes this.
  16. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

I hope you got a nice set of willwood brakes for that thing. :p

annab2 likes this.
  17. annab2

Yeppers, I do, 34 inch Wilwoods, as a matter of fact!
    I'm also packing a triple-pack parachute, for good measure! ;)

allison17 likes this.
  18. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Those wilwoods should do the job but you will need wheely bars and traction control weights at speeds like that in a short distance.;)

pussycat likes this.
  19. pussycat

Yep, its still in its crate, lol. A guy orders it from Roush, they built it and sold it to him and he did nothing with it. A few years later, he sells it to us for half what he paid for it. Works for me!
    Its a 302, not a 5 litre, so its authentic for what we want. Supposedly somewhere around 550 - 600HP. We'll find out eventually.
    Now all we need is a nice chassis..........
    :)

20. pussycat

Err..........this is sounding extremely dangerous

:oops::oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.