1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Pop Quiz

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by allison17, Aug 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annab2

annab2 Trusted Member"It ain't pretty being easy!"

"GOAT!" :) If it was truly 1967 GTO! It was lovingly named "GOAT!" The GTO "The Judge" didn't arrive at Dealership Showrooms, until 1969. Pontiac only manufactured "The Judge" 1969, 1970, and 1971! Pontiac discontinued this Model in 1972! (L74 RAM Air Motor,400 cu in) Hurst 4 Speed, Manual T-Handle Floor Shifter, Special Tires, and Rally II Wheels... BTW, L74 RAM Air was available in Pontiac's 1968 Firebird!

Does it surprise you, I am also a female Gear-head! ;)

Pretty well-rounded in life and hobbies, 2Peas 1Pod! :)D:D) ​

GMason1313 and allison17 like this.
  2. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

what about the Grand Prix It fell right in with the Gto. I had a friend who had a 69 chevell with the 396 and 4speed from the floor. it would jerk you back in your seat even when he would go into 3rd gear. the only problem is it only got 4 mpg.

GMason1313 and annab2 like this.
  3. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

um this is my thread Doggie.

Speaking of car clubs did you know caroll shelby held onto the 1st ford gt he ever built. when he knew he was getting sick and was going to die he finally decided to sell it. now by now this car was in bad shape even though he kept it inside. The interior was all torn to pieces, the blue GT color had faded bad but the body was still in good shape no rust. It sold a Barret Jacksons auction for 8 million dollars the way it sat. can you imagine that 8 million for a car but I can't remember who bought it?

annab2 likes this.
  4. Antares

Antares The Famous LTD Doggie

so can I and I need a few things too.
    Have you check Jay Leno's garage?
    He's got everything else.:D

annab2 likes this.
  5. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

It very well could have been him. it was a buyer by phone now that I mention it and they did not give a name

6. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

He wanted to remain anom

annab2 likes this.
  7. Antares

Well there are worse hobbies I guess. He could peddle drugs for fun and profit or maybe run a brothel

annab2 likes this.
  8. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

I bet he did not even restore it. it was original. I bet it is still ragged out and hasn't been touched. that would decrease the money for it.

9. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

I don't think his name is DeLorean.:cool:

annab2 and allison17 like this.
  10. Antares

he bought the "back to the furture car."?

allison17 and annab2 like this.
  11. annab2

John DeLorean was also the driving force behind Pontiac's Race & Speed Division! :)

allison17 likes this.
  12. Neophyte

DeLorean started the DeLorean company to manufacture his new style car. He ran into some financial trouble so he started smuggling heroin to make money to bail out his company. As you mentioned, he was peddling drugs. :D

13. Antares

I have the race option on my Pontiac. Its right there on the gear shift marked R for Race Gear. I havent tried it out yet.

14. Antares

I think I'd rather run the brothel instead

allison17, annab2 and Neophyte like this.
  15. annab2

Just because he was a brilliant Automotive Engineer and an Auto-designer doesn't automatically preclude him from being an idiot!
    (All of us have a little of each in our systems!)
    Lesson out, and lesson learned! :)

allison17 and Neophyte like this.
  16. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

well when you design a whole car out of Stainless steel common sense should tell you they are not going to be cheap to manufacture. I mean like Duh!!!!! the price of stainless steel even back then cost a pretty penny. so it's no wonder he tried smuggling drugs. he needed a lot of money for stainless steel. ;)

Like Anna said he got in over his head in debt and did a idiot thing. He was going to have them rolling of the assembly line but he got busted which means......idiot and greed took over common sense.

annab2 likes this.
  17. Neophyte

I almost bought a DeLorean. My car had broken down so I went shopping for a new car. I narrowed it down to a DeLorean or a Dodge. I bought the Dodge. They only wanted $12,000 for the DeLorean, if I bought it, I would have been able to sell it later for a profit. To bad I couldn't predict the future. Lol.

annab2 and allison17 like this.
  18. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Isn't that the truth. one thing for sure you would never have to worry about the body rusting but at the same time their was not that many mechanics that new how to work on the motor,and try finding your nearest DeLorean Dealer. laffin!!!!! not only that you had to pay dealer prices and OUCH that hurts. :)

Neophyte likes this.
  19. annab2

Engineers are so tight, they squeak!
    LOL-SMILEYS-1.jpg

LOL! ​

allison17 likes this.
  20. Neophyte

The Dodge had power windows and the DeLorean didn't. :p

Thread Status: