1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Political Memes and Quotes

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Imagine a young boy, sitting on his veranda steps - and watching a nice new 1957 Chevrolet roll down the street.

Or twelve years later - watching a guy called Neil Armstrong climb down his steps and onto the surface of the Moon.

That's my USA, and I want it back. There are lots of us who do.

Now, I have my own reasoning for how the USA's calamitous decline came about. I refer to it obliquely here every so often, and express myself fully on a forum meant for like-minded people. There are lots of us who do.

And there is absolutely nothing personal in my worldview, it is fact-driven, and in fact it is consistent with our theme here of keeping things in the family.

So please know that there are a lot of really smart people out there, who think that the USA needs to wake up and find itself again.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  2. Insp Gadget

There are some pretty cool people who like that hat, too.

[​IMG]

Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  3. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

This thread has always had pics/ videos from the start.
    Why blast Neophyte when he has contributed so much to this thread?
    It has become the norm, and expected, to open this thread in order to watch what others are contributing
    in other forums/media/blogs/whatever.
    This has progressed into mainly a video thread.
    Please start another thread if you want only written replies, but please don't criticize that someone has
    directed this into a media format.
    The videos are fun and informative.
    I commend Neophyte for all his diligence in finding and posting on here what we normally wouldn't see
    or hear about.

4. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

5. Neophyte

6. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

Brutus58, Neophyte and Dane like this.
  7. Neophyte

Insp Gadget likes this.
  8. Neophyte

9. Insp Gadget

Your strongest moral foundation is Care.
    Your morality is closest to that of a Conservative.​

No individual score was extreme, and a few of the decisions would depend on who were the other person(s).

Neophyte likes this.
  10. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

Brutus58 and oldman681 like this.
  11. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Your morality is closest to that of a Left-Liberal.

"Left-Liberalism: Individuals in this group seek to uphold individual liberty while taxing the market to provide social benefits for those in need. They tend to see themselves as seeking balance between individual liberty and social justice and to be in favor of multiculturalism, secular government, and international cooperation. While they are typically skeptical of state involvement in social affairs, they nevertheless see a legitimate role for the state in combating discrimination and ensuring equal treatment. Left-Liberals typically have a Care- and Fairness-based morality."

Yep, that's pretty close.

Brutus58, Insp Gadget and Neophyte like this.
  12. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

Yes it is like me winning a hairbrush.

13. pussycat

Just thinking about this little "test". It's pretty good, well thought out, some psychology student did a good job.( I have a friend who has a PhD in psychology, he's a pain in the ass.)
    But the label of Left-Liberal, it's a givaway that this is an American initiative. In Canada, that description would fit someone slightly right of center, small C conservative.
    In our last election, they had a similar "vote compass", it put me just right of center - but I voted for Trudeau.
    Our "morals", our real feelings, etc don't always translate politically.
    If you throw in with that questionnaire that I don't agree with gun control, believe in freedom of speech, and am truly a fiscal conservative, then am I still a "left-liberal"? Or that I'm pro-choice and a very active feminist? Does that make me a communist?
    I think it's a mistake to put labels on people. Very few of us fit in the box that somebody else would like us to.

14. Insp Gadget

Myself, I thought that 'Care' was a really nice way of them saying 'Opinionated'. :)

15. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

Brutus58, Dane, itshot and 2 others like this.
  16. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Your morality is closest to that of a Left-Liberal.

The test does not give enough details on some questions. There are quite a few in which "it depends" needs answered.
    Nonetheless, PussyCat and I are the same. Imagine that!

Brutus58, Neophyte and pussycat like this.
  17. pussycat

I'm not in the least surprised. :)

Dane likes this.
  18. Insp Gadget

Oh, please, get a room ....

Anyway, I agree with the 'it depends' comment - in fact, I thought that there were enough of them to sway the score.

Dane likes this.
  19. pussycat

Social distancing - you're old enough to know better!

Phone sex only!!

Brutus58, Dane and Insp Gadget like this.
  20. pussycat

There are. It's deliberate, psychologists are like politicians, they put in enough variables and ambiguities that they can claim to draw the right conclusions no matter what results they get.
    And of course, the test subject can always lie.

Brutus58, Dane and Insp Gadget like this.