1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Political Memes and Quotes

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

[​IMG]
    Cute, but ...

In truth, I like both of these guys - I think they're both solid, fundamentally honest men, who want the best for their countries.

And I think that if they could somehow promote a bond on the public stage, the world would be a better place for it.

oldman681 likes this.
  2. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

In truth, I posted this without much undestanding of the content, hoping that our USA folks (whose sense of humour and ability to take a joke are appreciated :)) would get the humour in it.

Hell, I recognize only 2 people in that Cabinet ! [​IMG]

And did you know that the Klan was originally formed as a type of Neighbourhood Watch group ? Really, and with all good intent.

Sort of like how the Rolling Stones got the idea of hiring Hell's Angels to keep the peace at Altamont. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    Carol likes this.
  3. Insp Gadget

What kind of a-hole mocks the Country who gives his people billions of dollars a year ?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  4. Insp Gadget

5. Insp Gadget

6. Insp Gadget

But what's new, Pusssycat - we here got eventually slimed nonnetheless - and it says so right here in the sraeli records ...

[​IMG] ... what a sick joke.

Free to do what ?

'America' is nothing other than an israeli cash cow, honey ... and those dopes downstairs never saw it coming.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  7. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Gadget, we may tolerate your anti-semitic ramblings on here, but it doesn't mean we all agree with them.

bigjeff and Insp Gadget like this.
  8. Insp Gadget

'We may tolerate' - is the 'we' a threat or a timeline ?

I like how people can speak freely here, and that's why I am here.

Are you speaking for yourself about the issue of semitics, or for the staff of IB, or are you just trying to enforce your own adolescent thoughts through association with an otherwise honest website such as this ?

9. oldman681

oldman681 Trusted.Member

I too am tired of your anti-semitic rants , most of us here know your feelings on the subject so give it a rest . You are not convincing anyone to believe like you .

bigjeff, Carol and Insp Gadget like this.
  10. pussycat

Was my text in red? Then you know the answer.

Insp Gadget likes this.
  11. Insp Gadget

?? ... when I post something, I try for quality and thoughtfulness. If I think it's funny, or beautiful, or sounds interesting, I post it.

I thought that we all were allowed to do that, so I do it the best I can, and I don't put people down for their thoughts - ideas are a good thing, folks.

12. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

oldman681 and Brutus58 like this.
  13. stepdad22

stepdad22 Graduated from the school of sexual perversions .

Gadget , I am sorry but I agree with the quorum , anti sematic barbs guised as jokes are wearing thin my friend . But , yes you can do that and as far as I am concerned you are allowed to do that . And I am not putting you down but I think that others would like you to tone it down just a shade . By the way I happen to agree with you on some issues , and you are dead right about freedom of speech .

oldman681 and Insp Gadget like this.
  14. Insp Gadget

I have limited time in which to contribute here by expressing my thoughts, but I also have the freedom to walk.

upload_2019-7-5_8-25-0.jpeg

15. stepdad22

stepdad22 Graduated from the school of sexual perversions .

Gadget I do not want you walking anywhere . If criticizing is your thing then criticize to your hearts content . If I have offended you I publicly apologise to you . You are a valued member and we want you but perhaps tone the sematic thing down a shade ?

Brutus58 likes this.
  16. pussycat

Freedom of expression - one of the basic tenants of a free society, and of this forum.
    And I believe that all staff members both support this, and allow it, however distasteful on occasion. However, there is such a thing as common decency, or a lack thereof, to be considered.
    Having said that (please note the text colour):

(12) Keeping it Civil
    • While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, racist comments, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts or private messages.

stepdad22 likes this.
  17. Insp Gadget

Not once have I ever done anything like that - this is censorship at its worst, and it is a disservice to myself and to anyone else who felt free to post their thoughts and feelings here in confidence.

Attached Files:

18. pussycat

So, are you saying that our rule is in itself censorship, and that you don't like it?

Insp Gadget likes this.
  19. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

To quote the great American philosopher, Rodney King:
    People, I just want to say, you know,
    can we all JUST get along? Can we get along?​

From my observations, the members of this forum appear to represent nearly all of the countries, cultures, political views, and religions on this planet. With all these different views there is only one thing that keeps the forum from becoming a free for all, and that is "Moderation".

Google defines "moderation" as "the avoidance of excess or extremes, especially in one's behavior or political opinions". ​

Moderation of this forum is performed by Moderators. They use diplomacy and censorship to keep the forum tone "moderate". Ideally a moderator can set aside any personal bias and apply a set of rules equally to all situations.

As far as I know there is no place on Earth with true "freedom of expression" or true "free speech". Well, maybe in Antarctica.

I agree that is was time to "moderate" the anti-Israel posts. It's not a big deal, it's just an attempt to keep the forum discussions "moderate". It's not personal, it's just a forum policy defined within the forum rules.

i hrt strs, bigjeff, Akbloke and 3 others like this.
  20. Insp Gadget