1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Nurse arrested for following hospital policies

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by buffyfan, Sep 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Brought up because you said "Lawyer" in a previous comment.

2. buffyfan

Actually. In most cases, if they were a threat they would be taken to the med center at the jail. Or restrained on the way in. But in the end? This is a response to the fact local PD proved they can not be trusted to be there without trying to strong arm their will.

allison17 likes this.
  3. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Med centers at the prison do not have or keep narcotics. the strongest thing they have for pain is tylenol. if the prisoner is in really bad shape they have to take him to the ER.

They don't keep narcotics because they are afraid the prisoners will over run the medical staff and take them.

villager likes this.
  4. buffyfan

Well then they caused an issue by pulling this crap to get their way didn't they? Because now the Hospital has not trust in them, and as pointed out the hospital does not have let them do anything once the suspect passes through the door. A lot of places let the cops make sure the person does not leave, but outside of that the Cops have no power until the hospital releases or a Court Order says different.

villager and allison17 like this.
  5. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Sometimes they even have to take a death row inmate to the er but they keep him shackled unless the nurse tells them to take them off. So I have no idea whats going to happen. usually they take 4 or 5 guards with them but like I said they are not suppose to let them out of their sight even if they shackle them to the bed. I suppose the guards could stand outside the door if they have to but what nurse would want to be alone in there with a death row inmate who has nothing to lose even killing someone else to get away?

villager likes this.
  6. buffyfan

That may be a southern thing. I am almost positive everything up here has a full clinic level medical or a part of the local hospital that is for convicts only. But that is convicts. In the case of someone who is not tried and convicted? The nurse/doctor/Admin run the show. Control and can end access. Final word.

villager likes this.
  7. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

It could be a southern thing I am not going to disagree with you there but that is how it is in the South. Like for instance if a person was on antidepression drugs when he came to the prison he still gets them but they walk up to a window and it's called "pill call" And there is a guard there to make sure they take them instead of them hiding them under their tongue and saving them for later but the do not keep any kind of PAIN narcotics in the prison. so for example one prisoner gets stabbed and it is a nasty cut they are loaded up and took to the Local Hospitals ER. The only thing they have is stuff for a cough or cold. They do have their own Dentist station set up though the dentist comes once a month now he brings pain meds with him but they are all documented and counted when he gets there and before he leaves and what inmate he had to use them on. There is no medical clinic for a bad trauma they go to the ER at the local hospital.

villager likes this.
  8. buffyfan

NYS prisons definately have partial hospital facilities on site. Surgery is taken to a specific hospital that has a "Prison wing". Staffed by DOC employees (private company) and rented from the hospital.

allison17 likes this.
  9. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Some prisons in this state are state ran they probably do have nice clinics. On the other side some of the prisions are contracted out and are not run by the State, they are run by a private company. those are the ones that don't have narcotics trauma clinic etc etc. What gets me they are never even inspected by the State so how do the get away with that?

10. Antares

Antares The Famous LTD Doggie

On an TV interview posted today they stated that the police detective and one other person were placed on paid administrative leave. Personally I think that is a joke. All administrative leave means is that they can't work on the job but still get paid.....A paid holiday no less. Now that's punishment.

As a side note you don't want to know what I think about police. I fully realsize that they are needed and are ask to do a dangerous job but the nature of that job has changed down through the years from one of protecting society to one of ruling over society. It may surprise you to know that you local county Sherriff was hired to protect his county from the State (meaning State Law enforcement). Now days they are just another arm of State control over the populous.

Sadly a police profession doesn't require much in the way of education and often attracts those on a power hungry trip.

villager, pussycat and allison17 like this.
  11. buffyfan

Agreed. When I hit College (1996) the Nassau Police required a 4 year degree. Not enough cops. Ok. 2 year degree for a while. Still not enough. So now it is 15 credit hours. Luckily, a lot of the departments there are not the norm. You do wrong? There is no "well............ after a year of investigating................". It is usually "Later. Next person on the waiting list of NYPD and other cops who want his job". Two cops I know of who were fired on the spot. One was when I was still in HS. They found out he was ferrying from CT and using a friends house on LI for his "official work mail". Fired so fast. The other was a super young officer. Who stopped me and went full "RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!". Claimed I ran a stop sign. Proceeded to pull me over with the full rack lights still on while he came over. Argued with me about where the block I lived on was. For TEN MINUTES. Because for some reason he felt it was his right to question why I was where I was in MY town right then. I said something I never said to a cop before or since. "Give me the ticket. Let me go. You DONT get to give me a ticket and hold me hostage while you rant." He threatened to arrest me. I told him, "I will follow you back to the precinct. I would love to see for what." He got his back up and told me to do just that. Thinking he would be vindicated. The blood began to drain from his face when we walked in and they were greeting me as "Hello Councilor." and "Hi *my name*". Then the desk Sgt asked why I was brought there. The Desk Sgt. said "Hold on" and called the LT. This smug little shit had a grin then. That flew away and blood drained when the LT got there. And greeted me with a hug. Because he knew me from birth. He just said, "*my name* was being nice to you officer. *My name* show him what is in your wallet." I pulled out my DAs badge. "You are trying to arrest a DA for lack of respect you dumb shit. You can clean out your locker because come Shift End you have no job.".

Aces930, villager and allison17 like this.
  12. buffyfan

Also. It started with the "Lets bring in Military to train PDs. And give them surplus TANKS."

allison17 likes this.
  13. Antares

Today that would bring out the union rep and a year long court case in which he would get paid while on administrative leave.....another police vacation with pay.

allison17 and villager like this.
  14. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Btw what is it with all these police man that have so much overtime they have to take a vacation instead of getting paid? Why don't these places just hire more help. the way I described it they will always have vacation time???

15. buffyfan

The cop who I followed back to the precinct was less than 10 years ago. Because I was still in Downstate NY.

allison17 likes this.
  16. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Update:

The cop has been fired from the force, and his supervisor has been knocked back to "officer".

:mad:

17. Antares

Well sometimes police get what they deserve. Too many think they have a license to browbeat society. Do you have an article that support this?

18. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

19. Antares

villager likes this.
  20. Antares

Now you clearly see why most police (whose education is somewhat lacking i.e. GED level for entry) fought against body cams. No one would have ever heard about any of this if it were for the video. Finally the story I saw said that the cop involved is suiting the town for wrongful dismissal. Most police I know have a tendency to think of themselves as junior gestapo protected by the system.

villager likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.