1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Now the UK is in real trouble

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by pussycat, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Teresa May's Conservative party just lost their majority government. Boy did that election decision ever backfire on them.
    I guess the British people are fed up, but with Brexit and now a possible Labour coalition, they're not doing themselves any favours.
    The world is going crazy.

2. sandie350

sandie350 Trusted.Member

Hi pussycat.........i agree with you totally,and just wait till our next own goal when Boris Johnson takes over........i know we did have a few friends in Europe,and if they deserted us i couldnt blame them. But if you look at the Uk over the years,one thing we are reknown for is digging our own holes,and not knowing when to stop.......this time we still dig,but we have added an extra JCB to go deeper. If anything many of us would appologise to the EU for the way our government is behaving.....as a US senator said after Trump was elected.........Yes its our country,BUT these people dont represent many of us.

curiousFred and Sarcas like this.
  3. Shimmin

Shimmin Trusted Member

It'll be another election in 6 months.

4. sandie350

sandie350 Trusted.Member

Your possibly right,but not before we have dug into the proverbial shite a bit more. Its one thing us Brits are good at,digging ourselves into holes full of shite,trouble is our parliament usually tell the goverment when to stop digging...........this time,as we now have a `hung` parliament,there is no one to tell anyone to stop digging......after all we just HUNG the parliament.........didnt we!

5. pussycat

Looks like Sinn Fein is trying to torpedo the whole deal before it starts. What else is new.

:rolleyes:

6. somemann123

somemann123 Trusted Member

i think this is a temporary phase, and the brexit procedure will be canceled somewhere in the middle

7. sandie350

sandie350 Trusted.Member

never mind brexit.....the whold fucking lot of them want sorting out......this bunch of wombles as we say couldnt organise a piss up in a brewry.......May has so far done more u turns than a rollercoaster......in fact im surprised we arent all dissy. Latest stupid comment is to have a 12-200 mile exclusion zone around the uk for fishing.......now take into account that its only 22 miles from Dover to Calais to that means we could send trawlers down the Seine......sounds logical.........also a retired navy guy has made the comment we only have 5 fisheries vessels to patrol uk waters......so how do 5 ships enforce our coastal waters.....as this retired Admiral has said......making rules like that just makes the UK look sillier than everyone else thinks it is.
    Actually,i think the UK goverment is in competition with President Trump,to see who can out do the other for stupid comments. No offense to our American friends.

curiousFred likes this.
  8. Tekro

Tekro Trusted Member

they're a fickle bunch those brits... :)

9. TokyRose

TokyRose Trusted Member

The sooner Brexit takes place, the better! Brits never sigbed up for all this. What was originally desired was a trading partnership and not a political union or laws laid down in Europe.
    Germany is the dominent forve in the EU and they have long wanted to dominate europe, as they still consider themselves to be a master race.
    They have put aside the jackboots, and now seek to dominate by other means, but still use fear to keep members in line. They threaten economic reprisals to any who wish to leave the union and threaten them with huge financial penalties.
    'We haff ways of making you pay !!'
    Both France and Germany fear the Russians, and justifiably so. Both countries have a history of invasion of Russia.
    Britain was an ally of Russia, and many Brit sailors gave their lives ferrying supplies to Russia in the North Atlantic convoys - facing countless German Uboats.
    Russians do tend to remember their friends - and their enemies!!

TR

10. Antares

Antares The Famous LTD Doggie

The EU seems OK with most of us but then Brussels hasn't started sticking its nose into our business. When it does we'll be gone as well taking N. Ireland with us. Oh we haven't forgotten about that one...26 + 6 = 1

11. sandie350

sandie350 Trusted.Member

pity Sinn Fein didnt torpedo westminster when it had the chance.......had it done so this whole stupid carry on with the EU may have beed avoided........or at least messers Gove,Johnson,Davis and May may not have been there to create the mess were in now.

pussycat likes this.
  12. pussycat

26 + 6 = NEVER

13. Antares

I am willing to bet you'll live to see it.

There are only two dominate Protestant counties left up north the other 4 have come over and are in support of the referendum which should be on the ballot soon. But then I don't really keep track of what is going on up there other than what I hear in passing.

14. pussycat

Make you a deal. When the Republic kicks the Catholic church out on its ass, we'll be happy to talk. Until then, enjoy the company of your terrorist buddies.

:)

15. mrmr

mrmr Trusted Member

when has the uk not been in trouble lol

16. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

D.i.l. l. i.g.a.f.

Insp Gadget likes this.
  17. Antares

Personally I just mind my own business but I do live in a strong Republican area. I just know what the demographics are showing. Of the original 6 counties that make up N.Ireland only 2 of them have dominate Protestant populations and those areas are slowly declining according to census data.

18. pussycat

True, but you should be careful with statistics (I know you know that :)). Catholics outbreed Protestants, it's drilled into them. However, the overall population is still pro - UK. That includes a lot of Catholics. What you also have to consider is the rapidly growing segment that claims "no religious affiliation". Add that to the Protestants and the non republican Catholics and there is no chance of your friends winning.
    The area surrounding Belfast is very pro-union, even the micks, and it has most of the population and almost all of the wealth. As far as Newry is concerned the Republic can have it, and how much do we have to pay them to take Derry?
    Your friends may be Republicans, but go spend some time in the North, you'll find a lot of Catholics who want nothing to do with Eire, they just want a fair shake from the ruling elite. I personally don't blame them, but then again, I'm a Canadian, and I believe in equality.

19. curiousFred

20. curiousFred

Methinks you are a "little" prejudiced as far as Germany is concerned.
    Ordinary Germans do it hard, very hard, they are not very well off, as many seem to think.
    Also they no longer wear jack boots.

Insp Gadget likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.