1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

McDonald's shut down

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by longing4sis, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longing4sis

longing4sis Trusted Member

Big fucking deal they close for a day. How about if everyone stops going to their stores completely. How would they like that.

McDonald's restaurants across the US are shutting down for a 'Day Without Immigrants' protest
    Kate Taylor
    McDonald's locations across the United States are shutting down on a "Day Without Immigrants."
    On Thursday, organizers in cities across the country encouraged immigrants not to show up for work or patronize businesses, to show how crucial they are to the American economy.
    According to reports on social media, some McDonald's locations are feeling the impact and have been forced to close for the day.
    "I was going to stop at McDonald's for breakfast, but it's closed," one Facebook user from New Jersey wrote. "I hear it's closed because this is the day immigrants are taking off as protest to Trump's immigration law. I was annoyed at first until I realized why it was closed. Now I'm in full support of anything that goes against Trump and his ilk."
    It is unclear if franchisees purposefully closed their locations. However, in at least in one instance, it seems that workers simply did not show up
    The "Day Without Immigrants" protest comes in response to President Donald Trump's plans to build a wall along the US-Mexico border, as well as his promise to pass more aggressive deportation policies. The protest also addresses Trump's executive order banning immigrants from seven majority-Muslim nations from entering the US, a ban which was frozen but Trump has said he plans to rewrite.
    By refusing to work, immigrants involved in the protest attempt to demonstrate how exactly the US would be impacted by increased deportations and new immigration policies.

2. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Yeah. I will remind people of what the required "meat content" in the burgers is, by law, and they never eat the red meat there again. It is less than 2/3 of the weight.

longing4sis likes this.
  3. longing4sis

Me personally I haven't eaten there since I was a young kid so it would not bother me the least if they closed them all permanently. I know exactly what's in those burgers. When I was in college I took a meats course and we took a field trip to a processing plant that took the meat from hoof to the outbound truck. We also went to a pork plant and let's just say I will not eat a hot dog again. :):)

4. buffyfan

I am ok with eating the Kosher stuff. Only because I worked for a Kosher Butcher a lifetime ago now and I know it is cut and ground on site. And it has to be approved by people every day with a blessing or it cant be "Kosher".

5. Princess Amy

Princess Amy Account Deleted

I dont go to McDonald' at all,

longing4sis likes this.
  6. longing4sis

Buffyfan aren't Koshers more of a sausage and not a hot dog?

7. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

To be more factually correct, I must point out that hot dogs are sausages, just like chickens are birds.

buffyfan likes this.
  8. buffyfan

Not really. Koshers are the same. Just different meat (read as more rules so more meat and better quality).

longing4sis likes this.
  9. longing4sis

Got it. The plant we toured followed the USDA's rules but they pushed them to the max. I won't go into details because if I did people would for sure stop eating them. When I took the class we had to know all the USDA rules for meat processing and I was shocked at some of them. I will try and find that text book that had the rules I was shocked about. Let's just say for now it was the amount of foreign material that was allowed in the finale product. I can remember my prof telling us when we loaded up in the vans "today we go to the land of lips and assholes" , we all laughed little di e know.:)

10. Neophyte

I am glad that I have mastered the Suspension of Disbelief.:D You should read the book "The Jungle" by Upton Sinclair.

11. buffyfan

Required reading in a lot of Law Schools.

12. James Murry

James Murry New Member

when was this?

13. Raldat

Raldat Trusted Member

Well immigrants get a lot of basic jobs upon which socieyy stands on so theyre kind of important

14. Neophyte

I was required to read "The Jungle" in high school, during the section when we were learning about the muckrakers, this was in the seventies.

15. o2mero1mer

o2mero1mer Trusted Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.