1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Looking for Your Comments about the Forum, Good or Bad.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Curmudgeon, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Thank you for clarifying.

2. nisei_girl

nisei_girl Trusted Member

I miss the older anime Politically incorrect anime comics with family members and kids, "You may post Anime and Toons pictures with characters under 18 with these restrictions:Characters must appear to be at least 13 years of age (having reached puberty)."
    I get it that we are all running scared but I still miss them.

ramy, JoshuaMN, Akbloke and 7 others like this.
  3. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Anoid - an irritating person- aka asshole

Adroid - Dance/song group/style

Android - robot

4. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

anoid - as in annoyed

adroid - as in a droid, from Star Wars

commonly referred to as a play on words

:rolleyes:

Brutus58 likes this.
  5. pussycat

I don't miss them at all. I would prefer to have the age limitation set at 18 for everything.

LuckyDuck, amiraj and TriadSibling like this.
  6. TriadSibling

TriadSibling Bro/Sis Enthusiast

Same here.

pussycat likes this.
  7. Xerxes

Xerxes Trusted Member

That's what I'm missing! I just came back to this website after a two-year absence, and I got this feeling that something was missing. nisei_girl hit the nail on the head. anime comics with parents, uncles, kids being very inappropriate! Speaking of which, where are the Randy Dave penciled comics??
    Let me add that I respect the opinions of those who disagree.

rikkybaby and darkhair4 like this.
  8. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

Randy Dave has been on the no fly list here for quite a while.

9. Xerxes

Xerxes Trusted Member

Thank you. On second thought I should not have been surprised.

10. Horny Joe

Horny Joe Trusted.Member

Anime is is best when it's from sailor moon

SecretWishes likes this.
  11. l4a1

l4a1 Trusted.Member

I'm just want to say thanks to the mod who removed my captioned pic with the spelling mistake after I posted a correction, and merged the two posts.

TriadSibling likes this.
  12. TriadSibling

Anytime. We aim to please. :)

13. niceguy4sure56

niceguy4sure56 Account Deleted

The site is great. The only thing I’d change is requiring members to state a gender. There are so many ways to protect anonymity, so that’s not a valid reason for not selecting male or female.

14. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Stating a gender is not mandatory.

15. TriadSibling

After reading his response a couple times, I think what he's referring to is making it mandatory, rather than not.
    I can understand the reasoning, but my personal opinion is that it really won't add or take away from anything. People can easily lie about it, just to keep their true gender secret. Or perhaps neither gender suits their identity, and they might choose neither now for that reason, or switching to the closest option if 'none' isn't available.
    It wouldn't make things any more clear, might even cause some confusion.
    Having said that, it's a good suggestion, although I would add that if we do make the choice mandatory, there should also be other gender identities to choose from.

On that note though, "Couple" could also be an option.

borabora, Xerxes, Brutus58 and 2 others like this.
  16. pussycat

"couple" should be an option (but I've never been on a site where it was?)

:confused:

TriadSibling and Brutus58 like this.
  17. l4a1

l4a1 Trusted.Member

I don’t know if it has been a problem on this site but I’ve been on sites where selecting female resulted in so many males trying to contact them that it drove some away. So for this reason alone I think it should remain optional. However if more options can be easily added that might be a good idea. I do like the idea of couple as a choice, although the only place I’ve been that had this option was a dating site.

Xerxes, TriadSibling, Akbloke and 2 others like this.
  18. pussycat

Yes, that can happen. Some males can be quite idiotic that way. Attention is one thing, harassement is something else.
    being gender neutral may well be more comfortable for some people.

Also, in todays politically correct world, how many "gender" options do we have to povide? Sure as hell somebody will scream they've been left out, lol.

19. virripanties

virripanties Trusted Member

I always like options =D On one forum, the field was open-ended so I put cat.

Also, racism and sexism is still quite common online, sadly. I’m usually proud of who I am (100% Southern Californian, parents as well, but genetically I’m a japanese female, skinny with small boobs) but sometimes it’s nice to be a genderless, raceless amorphous blob because people really do treat me differently based on my race, gender, weight and breast size, and usually not in a positive way. I’m not sure there is a positive way to treat me differently, good or bad, based on things that are neither my accomplishments or faults and simply genetics. Just like GATTACA! :3

Anyway, with that said, so far this site has been better than most! I’ve only gotten one message I think, that was what i’d call an unsolicited advance, and the other has been a good conversation so far! Maybe it’s because most people here don’t seem interested in anyone but relatives, and I’m not related to anyone here, lol! I’ve definitely experienced that creepy swarm of creeps on other sites though, so that does happen, just not here so far =D

Anyway I’m liking it here so far, so that’s my only feedback for now! :3

scumbag101, amiraj, borabora and 5 others like this.
  20. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

I like your comments Virri, and mostly agree with them. One thing that I will say is: IF you have any problems with any persons on this site, then PLEASE DO contact the moderators quickly. We want to keep this site friendly, and want it to last the distance that others like it have not. This goes for all members, whatever your gender.

Cheers..and enjoy.

TriadSibling, virripanties and l4a1 like this.