1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Likes and replies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slisse, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slisse

slisse Moderator Staff Member

Amongst the members there are a lot of lurkers.
    There really is nothing wrong with being a lurker, most of us started with being a lurker.
    It even gives you the opportunity to look around and to see what is posted and how it's posted.

There are also the people who reply to threads and by doing so participate to discussions or who thank posters by hitting the like-button or making a reply [thanking or giving (positive) reactions].

Then there are the starters of threads who take their time to look around on the internet to find material to post here for the benefit of us all. And yes, each forum needs them because a forum without posters is doomed to disappear.
    (It's very unpleasant for staff to receive mails from these posters mentioning "why would we bother to keep on posting if we receive little reactions, like over 500 views and only 1 like and 1 reply?")

So people, please, help to give them fuel to go on posting here!

2. slisse

3. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I was going to post something here that I thought was "witty", but after thinking about it, realized it would just be lame. So I'm not going to post my 'lame wit' here. My apologies for not being "wittier". It's a good thing nobody likes to read my posts. I don't want anybody to know just how ignorant I am.

4. slisse

The question now is if you would like to have this reply liked?

5. 3Greatb

3Greatb Trusted.Member

Maybe what you wanted to post was something legitimate !! Maybe only you though it would be witty!! You never know until you post and get some feedback.

I always think to myself . . . . Just post it and if it's witty or ignorant then the post will die on its own.

If it requires a reply and someone has the answer or a suggestion they will let you know.

We are all not geniuses and with the help of others we get wiser and smarter. . . I think.

6. Floodwire

Floodwire near....FAR!...wherever you are

i am new and i hope this isnt a bad question, but what exactly do likes do? do you get a forum reward for so many likes? or is it just a way to show appreciation towards an appreciated post?

curiousFred and whitecoffee1 like this.
  7. 3Greatb

3Greatb Trusted.Member

I'd like to know that too. But from my experience it is a show of appreciation and usually you end up following that thread. But this board may have other purposes and a mod will need to further explain.

whitecoffee1 likes this.
  8. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

Likes and Trophy Points are forum rewards. They have no monetary value.
    All you get is bragging rights.

Likes are awarded by other members when they "like" your post.

Trophy Points are awarded based on your post count and the number of likes you receive.

When you have been a member for 100 days, have made 100 posts, and attracted 100 likes,
    you gain access to another forum - "The 100 Club".

9. Floodwire

Floodwire near....FAR!...wherever you are

Oh, i see. that is something worth aiming for :)

10. Kalixtus

Kalixtus Trusted Member

I can only agree with Slisse. I'm new here and at first I thought okay what kind of forum it could be. So you look at it sceptically the first day, but then you realize - there are discussion platforms for everything. Political topics, social topics and of course topics why we are here at all. Incest and the experiences we make or would make with it. I see that we have a great variety of members who have very different ideas about the topic. Some discussions I read with irritation - some hurt me as a Christian when it comes to general criticism against the church. But then I decide, you are not conducting this debate yet^^. That doesn't mean that I won't comment on it after all, because I especially like debates with people of different opinions. It's like good sex - a wonderful game for the upper hand. That reminds me again and again if father wants to fuck me. It begins harmlessly with looks and feet under the table that find the way to the dick and then we look who is the strong one and will get fucked. Sometimes he wins, sometimes I - sometimes you surrender voluntarily. Life is much too interesting in these places.

11. slisse

A thank you to all who made a reply.

whitecoffee1 likes this.
  12. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

I like likes. They're so friendly and so flexible - you can use them in so many ways. :)

Like liking what you just finished saying, for example, just in case nobody else does.

Then there's the 'traditional' kind of like - like nice, that's cool. Or as just a simple acknowledgement, like - hey, I get that. They're good for agreeing to disagree, too - and that in itself is a thing to like.

And likes can save you a lot of time. Like those awkward times, when you are on the verge of posting yet another of your cleverest profundities ... only to find that some utter nobody found it on the world wide web, too - and just a second sooner than you did. Doesn't that suck ??

And you're just burning inside to post it anyway, aren't you ? Well, pal - just don't do it.

Just give it a 'like'. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  13. slisse

Thank you.

14. slisse

It's time to bring this back up.

15. whitecoffee1

whitecoffee1 Moderator Staff Member

I'll admit I am a lurker. Sorry, I don't write much here and I am often simply too lazy to hit that like-button.

Also simply replying with "thank you" doesn't feel like not really adding anything important to the thread, like a positive or negative critique would do.

I've been a member of other communitys where simply replying with "thank you" or anything like that was considered "post-count-hoarding" and spam. So that also kinda got stuck in my head.

There are many people in this community (I am not gonna call any names) who take the effort to add so much good stuff like stories, toons, photos, videos and they surely have my thanks although I did not hit that like button on their posts.

16. slisse

Thank you whitecoffee1 for your reply.

whitecoffee1 likes this.
  17. slisse

A reminder.

whitecoffee1 likes this.
  18. whitecoffee1

I hereby like this thread and reply to it.

Dane, Brutus58 and slisse like this.
  19. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I like dogs and cats. I want a Maincoon except my wife does not like cats as much as I do.

Lustig, Dane and whitecoffee1 like this.
  20. whitecoffee1

Now that's a very weird reply .... but that's fine for me.

Dane and Brutus58 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.