1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Illustrated History of Scientology

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Insp Gadget, Aug 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

[​IMG] ... so now you know.

curiousFred, Brutus58 and lurkorn like this.
  2. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

A bit of bullshit goes a long way.

Akbloke, Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  3. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

And the fucking Hollywood elite believe this shit.

4. sockpuppet

sockpuppet Trusted.Member

I heard many years ago Scientology was founded on a bet. In the late 40s a bunch of science fiction writers were sitting around in a hotel room passing around a bottle. They got talking about the gullibility of the public and somebody mentioned Freud. Murray Leinster real name (William Jenkins, MD) said "But people are too smart for that now." No they're not said L. Ron Hubbard. He and Jenkins got into it and Hubbard said "I bet you fifty bucks I can start a quackery or a religion and make a million dollars." "You're on," Jenkins said. He said "We both know Bob Heinlein and we know he's honest. Let him hold the money." Heinlein agreed. Years later Heinlein got a wire from Jenkins saying "Send Ron the money." Jenkins/Leinster's message to Hubbard read. "Dear Ron, You win. Money follows. Murray"

Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  5. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

" Y'know, we're all wasting our time writing this hack science fiction! You wanna make real money, you gotta start a religion! "

~ L. Ron Hubbard​

Brutus58 likes this.
  6. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I'll try to find the video made by his son about how LRH's 'religion' is a bunch of made up hogwash.
    It's an interesting diatribe he gives about growing up with it all.

Brutus58 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.