1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

How much Real Science is there in the science of climate change?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Lustingmom1, May 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

allison17 likes this.
  2. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

3. Antares

Antares The Famous LTD Doggie

The way things usually work....I predict RAIN

4. Antares

5. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Cool. mine looks like it will be about noon for me. I have to get some of those glasses to see it with. :eek:

6. Antares

A helpful video about the upcoming solar eclipse

Be advised that the path of totality will only be within the small band shown. Outside of this band you will see only a partial eclipse. To watch the eclipse safely build a shoebox viewer. A number of video on this are on Youtube so go and learn how to make one. Its really easy and you won't risk hurting your eyes.

Never look at the sun directly without welder's #14 glasses or you will blind yourself within seconds and never even feel it.

This will be permanent damage and never correctable.

7. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

where I am at I will see the whole thing. it is almost right over the top of me according to the map. Thanks for the PM and advice you gave me. :)

8. Antares

Then for your sake I hope it is a totally clear day.
    It doesn't come anywhere near me but then I have seen one.

allison17 likes this.
  9. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

I am 3/4 of I-95 out of the curve :(

allison17 likes this.
  10. Antares

What does that mean?

11. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

It crosses the East Coast around GA. That is 3/4 of I-95 away from me. I live right around the K in New York.

12. Antares

I'll let you know when I figure all that out.

As for me I am so far to the right of I-95 (looking north) that you have to learn how to swim great distances. I can't even see New York from my front door, besides I have some mountains in the way.:D All I get to see are some sheep and there are plenty of those wooleyboogers running around.

13. TokyRose

TokyRose Trusted Member

What do ya mean, 'nobody own space'? I do !!!! I've got the paper to prove it, too.
    I bought it from a chap in a pub just last week!!

He also offered me the Brooklyn bridge at a discount rate, and I'm saving up for that !!

TR

14. Antares

For those of you who honestly believe in man made Global Warming please be open enough to review this video.

15. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Climate Change Advocates claim that if it rain or storms it is because of Climate Change, they also claim if it doesn't rain it's Climate Change, if it gets hotter it's Climate Change, if it gets colder it's Climate Change. Here's a rub for you, they also say if nothing changes at all, it's because of Climate Change. With all these conflicting claims and all their wrong predictions, more and more people are beginning to ignore the Advocates. The Advocates are like "The Boy Who Cried Wolf", if and when something does need attention, nobody will believe them.

16. Antares

and hopefully it helps but Al Gore out of business who has been making a mint over the whole thing.

Neophyte likes this.
  17. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

I guess if you keep repeating the same tripe over and over again, eventually it becomes the truth, if only to yourself.

18. Antares

All I asked is that you listen to what the man has to say....that was all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.