1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Guns and personal protection

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by goldie34, Dec 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Mayors are in cities. Everywhere else there are town supervisors. Not sure of the requirements for county mounties or state troopers.

curiousFred likes this.
  2. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Mayors title goes to the elected leader of Villages and Towns also.

curiousFred likes this.
  3. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Please don't make more dictators than already exist.

curiousFred and BisonSteve like this.
  4. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Townships here used to have Reeves, but the title "Mayor" was also acceptable. So now most of them have changed from "Reeve" to "Mayor". Nothing actually changed, but I'm sure it makes them feel more important.
    Either way, a gombeen is a gombeen.

curiousFred and Brutus58 like this.
  5. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Two questions of sorts. First is it "important" or "impotent"? Second is "what is a gombeen?". I never heard that before.

curiousFred likes this.
  6. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Gombeen:

A Nova Scotian term of probably Irish origin for any government beaurocratic asshole who likes to strut around and act officious, while being a crooked bastard who's on the take.

7. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Thank you for the information. Can't wait to use it at the next town meeting with the town board members. If you don't hear from me for a while, I was most likely arrested.

curiousFred, pussycat and Dane like this.
  8. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

9. Neophyte

10. Neophyte

11. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

That's what liberals and Democrats BELIEVE! Otherwise this is funny except it's pretty close to the truth.

Neophyte, villager and itshot like this.
  12. villager

villager Trusted.Member

The truth hurt's .

Brutus58 and Neophyte like this.
  13. Neophyte

Brutus58 likes this.
  14. Neophyte

It is said that in last election several Liberal Billionaires donated hundreds of millions of dollars to insure that Democrats win the Virginia state elections. Steyer, Bloomberg and Soros being the chief among them. The new legislature have filed and are waiting to be sworn in to vote on several new laws, SB64 being one of several among them. SB64 violate the first amendment, the second amendment, the fourth amendment, the fifth amendment, the eighth amendment and the ninth amendment. It also makes illegal self defense under any circumstances or learning self defense under any circumstances. It also makes illegal having any device capable of harming or intimidating a person in public under any circumstances.

Brutus58 likes this.
  15. Smitty

Smitty Trusted.Member

Stopping firearms training is definitely a 3 Amendment violation, how can you quarter militia if they don’t know how to shoot?

Brutus58 and jillicious like this.
  16. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Does that make the Girl Scouts of America a paramilitary oganization? What about ANTIFA? And the DNC?

17. Neophyte

I don't know what they teach girl scouts, but I know they do teach boy scouts on how to use a pocket knife, so the scout leader, den mother and all the scouts can be sent to prison.

Akbloke and Brutus58 like this.
  18. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

....So, basically, a "Gombeen" is a Politician.?

Brutus58 likes this.
  19. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

If this contradicts so many of your already legally introduced Amendments, how in Gods name do the Democrats hope to waste so much time and money trying to get this introduced? It should be stomped on and thrown out before it even gets to be tabled?
    But then, if that is all that they can do, and are not willing to concentrate on other far more important topics that really do need attention, then by all means let them waste THEIR time and effort.

I just hope it does not get introduced so that little Boy Scouts and Girl Guides don't get arrested when they carry their offensive weapons - their pocket knives.

And perhaps this legislation should have been listed in our Forum under "Acts of Stupidity"...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    Neophyte and Brutus58 like this.
  20. Neophyte

itshot and Brutus58 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.