1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Guns and personal protection

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by goldie34, Dec 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Not so sure. With the paranoia you two exhibit I'd be more worried about the company you might attract.

:cool:

Brutus58 likes this.
  2. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Birds of a feather, birds of a feather. Don't forget that raptors help keep the vermin away/under control.

It's not paranoia when they ARE out to get you!

3. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

I like the quote, "Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you."

Brutus58 likes this.
  4. Horny Joe

Horny Joe Trusted.Member

I live in Canada and yes I carry 45 auto and a can go mase but then I do work as a personal body guard

Brutus58 likes this.
  5. Current

Current Account Deleted

I carry a Springfield xds in .45 and love it
    The next handguns I buy will both be gen2 Springfields, they updated the grip molding- and make it in long slide(with suppressor sights and threaded barrel) and in carry variants-with the shorter grip/mag and short slide

Brutus58 likes this.
  6. pussycat

Of course they're out to get you. The trick is to figure out who "they" are.

(yeah, I know, its all the Democrats fault)

:rolleyes:

Brutus58 and Neophyte like this.
  7. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

Here in Oz only criminals have guns and they use them too, in 1 week 8 have been killed.
    All the rest use knives and someone gets knifed all the time, mostly at night around bars.
    Strip joints etc.

Brutus58 likes this.
  8. oney22

oney22 New Member

Similar where I live, if you don't go looking for it you're unlikely to find it.

curiousFred and Brutus58 like this.
  9. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

We have quite a few home invasions were the owners are severely injured or killed. Sometimes the owner is armed and scares the invader away or is forced to shoot/stab or club them with something. To add insult to injury, the owners are sometimes arrested and charged for killing or injuring the criminal. Self defense be damned. Criminals have more rights than anyone else. ALL politicians are responsible for this, not just democrats. I have been robbed twice. Between 15 to 18 thousand dollars in tools car parts and other property gone gone. The police then tell me it's MY RESPONSIBILITY to track the property and the thieves down. That was only after they questioned me for a couple of hours asking me where I hid the stuff so I could file a false insurance claim. Then they will make any arrest, maybe. Not a penny from the insurance company since I didn't have all receipts with a picture of every item. I switched companies. My former company the called twice to get me come back. God damn bastards and bitch whores. Now I tell everyone who will listen not to sign up with that company and I tell them why. The bullshit lying "Good Hands" company. And you wonder why I'm paranoid? Wouldn't you?

I did not go any where that was known to be bad. THEY came to me in my residential area. Others were robbed too. Police finally admitted that. Not one arrest made!

curiousFred likes this.
  10. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

I think you said you lived in New York. I lived Saratoga for a year. Thought it was nice, but this was also back in the early 90's.

11. pussycat

If you lived in Mexico, I'd say it was probably the cops who stole your stuff in the first place.

curiousFred, Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  12. Neophyte

Once I caught someone breaking into a neighbors car. I chased him away then called to report him to the police. Since it wasn't my car being broken into the police refused to come out to investigate or to take my description of the robber who I was standing about 10 feet from in a well lighted area.

13. BisonSteve

BisonSteve Trusted.Member

I might be a panty wearing sissy.. But i'm not a chicken-shit.

But i carry a .38 snub-nose revolver while i'm in my taxi.

Last time i called the cops it took 10 minutes for them to get on scene (drunken asshole taking a swing at me)

Firearms are for when seconds count and the cops are minutes away.

14. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Things have changed a lot since then.

15. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

"To serve and protect" at it's finest.

curiousFred and Neophyte like this.
  16. pussycat

They do serve and protect.

They serve and protect their own interests.

curiousFred, Dane and Brutus58 like this.
  17. Neophyte

I have no animosity towards police officers. What I detest is the bureaucracy and the administrators. The System needs to be improved.

18. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

They are best at serving Traffic Tickets.

curiousFred, Brutus58 and pussycat like this.
  19. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I think that's a massive understatement.

curiousFred and haiko like this.
  20. pussycat

Up here, the ideal requirements for a police officer are:

1: A high school graduation diploma

2: The IQ of a grapefruit

In the USA, the requirements are:

1: Be the mayor's brother-in-law / cousin / both

(no, I'm not cynical)

:rolleyes:

Dane, curiousFred and Brutus58 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.