1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Good News Stories

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Insp Gadget, Nov 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Hello, and welcome to 'Good News Stories' - where we can post about good people who do good deeds.

Has anyone noticed that watching the evening news is becoming more depressing by the day ?

Well, that's because bad news and bullshit sells. So here, please post good news stories that you know of, be they from the news or your neighbourhood or your household or wherever. As long as it's real and uplifting, your story will be welcomed here.

So let me start with the story of Kate McClure and Johnny Bobbitt Jr.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A New Jersey woman who was helped by a homeless man after she ran out of gas on an interstate in Philadelphia
    has raised more than $200,000 for the good Samaritan.

Kate McClure, 27, started a Gofundme.com campaign earlier this month, after she ran out of gas on Interstate 95
    and a homeless man, Johnny Bobbitt Jr., walked a few blocks and helped her get home with his last $20.

Amanda, curiousFred and Akbloke like this.
  2. slisse

slisse Moderator Staff Member

This one is from 3 years back.
    It's also very hartwarming to see that even if he can use the money that he still wants to give some money back:

And there is more

3. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

Wonderful to hear about. Just goes to show that good deeds do not go unrewarded. Much better than hearing about what is going on in the middle-east or with silly nut-case unpredictable Rocket-men!!!

4. Insp Gadget

This one's from a few years back, up here in the Great White North.

Meet Ms Grace Eagle Bears of Manitoba, and her horse Mister Smudge ...

[​IMG]

Of all the stranded motorists during a blizzard that hit Manitoba in 2014, one trucker got some extra special treatment thanks to this young lady and her horse.

Eileen Grace Eagle Bears noticed live webcam footage of a truck stranded on Manitoba's Highway 10 on a Monday evening. Then the next morning she checked again, only to see that the vehicle's position was unchanged.

That's when the 18-year-old bundled up and jumped on her beloved horse, Mr. Smudge.

From their farm in the Souris River Valley, the duo rode for about an hour on slippery roads in the frigid cold, and finally made it to the truck.

"I knocked on the door to the truck ... woke him up and asked if he was all right and gave him coffee," Eagle Bears told news reporters on the Tuesday.

And Eagle Bears' mom had caught a glimpse of her daughter, on the province's highway traffic camera, delivering coffee to the stranded trucker.

[​IMG]
    But this act of kindness didn't stop there. The truck driver was running out of sandwiches, so Eagle Bears promised to ride back out again in a few hours. And she did - and this time with a hot meal.

"I thought he would be getting pretty hungry, and that's not a good feeling. So I just put on some extra clothes, and did what I promised I would," she said.

The driver was grateful and that was reward enough, added Eagle Bears.

And as for Mister Smudge, he got some extra feed for a job well-done.

5. gwcc

gwcc Trusted Member

Great thread Inspector! Thank you.

Man Living In Shack Sells 'Worthless' Blanket for $1.5 million

[​IMG]

Six years ago, Loren Krytzer was living in a shack and scraping by on $200 disability checks from a car accident in 2007 that cost him his leg and left him out of work when he saw a television segment that would change his life.

The native of Liona Valley, California was watching an episode of “Antique Roadshow” when he saw a rare Navajo blanket that was worth half a million dollars. Krytzer was shocked because he happened to own a Navajo blanket that looked identical to the one on TV.

According to Krytzer, the blanket had been passed down through his family from generation to generation since his great-grandfather got it in the 1800s. After his grandmother passed away, his mother and sister had “pillaged” the entire house and left nothing behind except for the “dirty” blanket.

Upon seeing the Auctioneers episode, Krytzer took it to several antique organizations only to be turned down. Despite the rejection, the determined amputee took the blanket to John Moran Auctioneers in 2011 – and he found out that he had struck gold.

Moran and his team told Krytzer that “conservatively”, the blanket was worth at least $150,000.

When Krytzer agreed to put up the blanket for auction, he says that he prayed for at least enough money to get a better house. After a 77-second bidding war, a ferocious bidding war pushed the blanket’s closing price to $1.5 million, which remains today as the most expensive item that Moran Auctioneers ever sold.

After taxes and fees, Krytzer was given $1.3 million.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/11/...n-krytzers-life.html?__source=cnbcembedplayer

6. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

I always was under the impression that Americans were cold and heartless, didn't care for the poor and sick.
    I am glad there are so many good and decent people as well.

Amanda and Insp Gadget like this.
  7. Insp Gadget

One Year Gone - One Hundred Twenty Miles From Home ...

George Lichte of Kennebunkport Maine, had believed that his cat 'Romeo' was dead, after it never came home one day last autumn.

But this year, many months later, a resident of Solon Maine, Kevin Taft, noticed a cat while he was sitting at a picnic table, and assumed he was a stray. He had planned to adopt the cat, but learned through a local veterinarian that this cat was the long lost Romeo.

[​IMG]

Then the Bangor Daily News reported that Lichte had received a phone call two weeks ago from the veterinarian in Skowhegan, saying that Romeo had been found alive.

https://bangordailynews.com/2017/11/10/news/york/filling-in-some-blanks-in-the-saga-of-romeo-the-roaming-maine-cat/

Amanda, curiousFred and Akbloke like this.
  8. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

There are good people in every country of the world, but they are often overshadowed or suppressed by others that aren't so nice.

9. Insp Gadget

Neophyte, I totally agree. When I was younger, I had so many friends in the USA and spent so much time there - including with a large group of Military folks from the Vietnam era who lived in DC.

It was a 12-hour drive door-to-door whenever we visited each other's homes, and we met in several places outside of North America when we followed the Formula 1 races around. I have a son who now lives in South Florida, drinking buddies in Buffalo for the Bills games, folks I used to work with in NYC, and on and on.

So I know exactly what the issue is, and how people who haven't spent time in the USA get a bad impression - it's the image which your press portrays of the USA to the outside World. And specifically, it's CNN.

We in Canada get a version of CNN which I am pretty sure is not the same as yours, and other countries must get it as well. It's their international version. And whenever I check on it to see if it's gotten any fairer - at first I laugh at how absurd it is, and then I quickly get so pissed off that I can't watch it.

It almost seems purposeful, like they have an agenda to make the USA look like a hateful and ignorant country. And I honestly don't know why your powers-that-be allow such misleading garbage to be on the air for the rest of the World to see and believe it's the truth.

10. Insp Gadget

( I cannot speak of ages or locations for this good news story. But if you enjoy it, the details may easily be found. )

Bailey's father passed away when she was quite young. And he has been sending her flowers on the day of her Birthday ever since.

[​IMG]

Bailey Sellers' father passed away from cancer. But before he died, he had pre-paid for a floral delivery every year on her birthday.

And she has been receiving them every year, along with a unique note each time, which her father had written for her.

Recently, Bailey celebrated her twenty-first birthday. And along with her flowers, here is the note which her father had sent her ...

[​IMG]
    " This is my last love letter to you until we meet again."
    " I will still be with you through every milestone - just look around, and there I will be."

11. Insp Gadget

A BABY ELEPHANT IS INGENIOUSLY RESCUED ...

On Friday, a baby elephant fell into a well in Thattekad, Kerala, in India, while trying to cross the Urulanthanni River.

So local officials, along with some villagers who happened to be nearby, used a mechanical digger to help remove dirt around the well so that the youngster could escape on its own.

According to UPI, the entire mission took around five hours and the effort was successful. Although not seen in the video, Shiju V. Chacko, the section forest officer of Thattekkad district, confirmed that the elephant was reunited with its mother and the rest of the herd on the other side of the well.

12. Insp Gadget

Amanda, curiousFred and pussycat like this.
  13. Insp Gadget

Bell peppers are an important crop for the residents around Leamington, in southwest Ontario. And last year, an elusive type of beetle just a few millimetres long, ruined about $75 million worth of greenhouse peppers in Essex County and parts of Chatham-Kent.

Bell Pepper Weevil.jpg

This is the Bell Pepper Weevil, and controlling its damage has been baffling pest control managers and farmers alike.

“We couldn’t have another loss like that. The farm couldn’t survive it. At that point no ideas seemed silly,” said Cam Lyons, Integrated Pest Manager for NatureFresh Farms. "It's a very challenging pest - we didn't have a lot of options," said Lyons, who explained that the pest is difficult to eradicate using traditional methods. The female insect lays eggs on top of a pepper. After they hatch, they feed on the fruit, eventually killing it.

That was incentive enough for NatureFresh Farms to turn to Chili, the first dog in the world to be trained for pepper weevil detection. Chili is a 15-month-old Belgian Shepherd from Mexico, who was appropriately named before she trained for pepper pest control.

Sid Murray, owner of ATS K9 Detection Dogs in Fenwick, Ontario trained Chili - Sid is the Canadian representative of the North American Working Dog Association, which certified Chili and her handler, Tina Heide.

Chili and Friends.jpg

"We start on the outside of the greenhouse actually, I'll take her and we'll search the perimeter of the greenhouses," said Tina, a biological expert at NatureFresh and Chili's handler. "I'll have her sniff out walls, sniff our floors, we do skids like packing crates, boxes, anything we come across."

"We don't know when these things are going to come, where they'll hit," she said. "That's why I work Chili with the vials, so that in her mind she keeps finding them and it keeps the scent fresh in her mind."

So far this year, NatureFresh hasn't had any pepper weevils in their crops, so Heide hides vials of the pests around to keep Chili's nose in the game.

Chili’s biggest test will come this November, December and January, when the pepper plants are removed so new pepper crops can start. NatureFresh knows the weevils overwinter in the greenhouses but they don’t know where. Yet.

14. Neophyte

Deer-on-Frozen-Lake-Facebook.jpg
    This panicked little deer may not have had a happy ending if it weren’t for some trepidatious firefighters.

Earlier this week, the L4262 Sunriver Professional Firefighters of Sunriver, Oregon posted a video of themselves edging onto a frozen lake in order to save a deer that had become trapped at the center.

Though the critter can be seen repeatedly trying to stand on its spindly little legs, it keeps slipping back down onto its knees.

Using gear that the organization had purchased with grant money back in spring, firefighter Jeff “JJ” Johnson edges onto the lake with an ice sled.

Slowly but surely, Johnson nudges the deer all the way across the lake until it reaches the embankment.

Even though the deer has landed on solid ground, it doesn’t seem to understand that it is free to go.

Johnson gives the animal a few head scratches and a pat on the neck until it finally stands up and gracefully wanders off into the wilderness.

“We are blessed to have receive so many positive comments about our recent deer rescue,” says the organization. “[But] most importantly, we are happy to have helped our valuable wildlife.”

15. Neophyte

16. Janet

Janet Trusted.Member

A few months ago I began a LTR sexual relationship with 79 year old woman who has multiple disabilities but still has a longing for bi sex. A bi friend of my Mom from years ago. I visit her in her senior apartment every other week and sometimes spend the night. She's a BBW and a retired Navy nurse. I love to give her oral and we hug and kiss a lot. Also do cleaning and shopping for her. Give her showers, sometimes erotic with baby soap. Lots of older wymyn out there who haven't lost their appetite for sex but won't try to find someone who can fufill their desires. Good news is 'Aunt Jane' is in much better spirits than before we started a bi LTR. She loves my tongue inside her beautiful cunt.

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      File size:
      283.8 KB
      Views:
    Akbloke, Insp Gadget and jon beam like this.
  17. jillicious

jillicious Incestuous Story Writer

Anonymous donor pays off Walmart layaway gifts for 200 families
    An anonymous donor paid for all of the items on layaway at a Pennsylvania Walmart for the second year in a row, giving 200 families an easier Christmas, according to the store's staff.
    The aisles are packed and lines are long at most stores this time of year as parents prepare for the holiday, but it can be tough to buy everything all at once with just one or two paychecks.
    Kristen Martin said she knows that Christmastime struggle all too well.
    "Bills were really high for December. I had like an $800 water bill, so it's just like, 'Well I'm gonna go and put stuff on layaway and hope for the best,'" she said.

READ MORE

18. Janet

Janet Trusted.Member

How does anyone have to pay $800 for water unless you live in a small town in the desert?

Amanda likes this.
  19. Insp Gadget

On Sunday December 10, the 2017 running of the Dallas Marathon brought a true show of sportsmanship, when a young relay runner helped the winner cross the finish line.

32-year-old competitor Chandler Self was less than 200m away from crossing the line and winning the marathon, when her legs gave out and she fell to the ground.

Good News Story 1.jpg

Ariana Luterman, a high school student who was running in a separate relay race, then helped the exhausted woman to her feet and encouraged her to keep going.

And as they neared the end, Luterman pushed Self ahead, so that she could lunge across the finish line and win the race.

Good News Story 2.jpg

“ She was just down and I was so worried she wasn’t going to make it. So I picked her up with all my might. Right when we got to the finish line, I just kind of pushed her in front of me so she would be the one to cross that line. ”

curiousFred and (deleted member) like this.
  20. jillicious

jillicious Incestuous Story Writer

I honestly have no idea. I do live in a desert and my water bill doesn't even come close to that!

curiousFred and (deleted member) like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.