1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Forum Changes January 2020

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Curmudgeon, Jan 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesEast

JamesEast Account Deleted

I agree & am in the same boat as Ifonly555.

Per the description, I believe I am a lurker.

This is literally the only forum I am on.

So to "participate" is not very familiar to me at the moment. However, I completely agree with their decision to require & encourage people to post in order to be & retain member status.

I actually felt somewhat "creepy" to read very intimate & personal stories others where sharing without returning some type of acknowledgement & gratitude. They are real people sharing their lives with "trusted people".

Its only fair that we, at the very least, can reply: "thank you for the post" to encourage others to share their stories.

Akbloke and SecretWishes like this.
  2. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

The increase in post count was not intended to affect current trusted members. It was increased to help staff evaluate new members who are getting sneakier about showing their real intentions. The automated function that processes account promotions doesn't have a "promote only" option, it promotes and demotes. That's why changing the requirement affected older accounts. Yes it did affect the "lurkers" because anyone who was even occasionally active already had more than ten posts.

An easy way to show that you appreciate a member's post is to click on "Like".

3. dwonbinb

dwonbinb Trusted Member

looks like I wasn't caught up with this info. I'll note them.

4. Renegade1972

Renegade1972 Trusted Member

5. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Trusted Member

Thanks for the update.

6. telis telis

telis telis Trusted Member

7. johnnyboy180

johnnyboy180 Trusted Member

ok I suppose I would be considered a lurker as I don't post but having said that I don't talk much on the internet generally I do however appreciate all the work that goes into the site thank you

8. johnnyboy180

johnnyboy180 Trusted Member

Also thanks for going to the trouble to explain the changes

9. m_hard

m_hard Trusted Member

I mostly just read post so I'll have too be a bit more active.

10. Christopher Adrian

Christopher Adrian Trusted Member

11. oblong2

oblong2 New Member

Thanks for the update

12. BananaPiranha

BananaPiranha Trusted Member

Kind of sad that I got demoted in the process, but I think this change is probably for the best. The less trolls/spammers the better.

Akbloke likes this.
  13. Ftal

Ftal Trusted Member

Thanks tot the update.

14. smeat2000

smeat2000 Trusted Member

Thanks for the update!

15. M.Willy

M.Willy Trusted Member

Thank you. Just got online and got puzzled because I couldn't see any pictures. Now I know why!

16. Cehycf

Cehycf Trusted Member

Good rules for the new decade

17. ShannaKay

ShannaKay Trusted Member

I have no problems with whatever rules you lay down. Just joined on the advice of one of my boyfriends- we have been role playing, and recently I told him about my actual experiences. He said a LOT of guys here would enjoy hearing my experiences and looking at my pics

Akbloke and Cehycf like this.
  18. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

He's telling the truth ShannaKay....LOL

And if I haven't already done it....Welcome to the Forum Family...great to see another woman arrive and be able to give her perspective on this lifestyle.

Cheers

19. J.C.

J.C. Trusted Member

This change might be a bit of a nuisance to quiet people like myself, but I trust it's for a good reason.

20. Scorpio

Scorpio New Member

Good to know the forum is being looked after so I don't mind getting my post count up for it

Akbloke likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.