1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Florida Shooting

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by itshot, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

What you fail to realize is that making absolute gun control in America will never work! We have so many guns here that you can’t ever take them all, not that I would give mine up easily. So just for the sake of argument let’s say you did try. The only people who would give up and turn in their guns would be us legal and law abiding people who went to the trouble of being checked out and cleared to be able to own and further carry our guns.

Now once your plan is in action only the law and the people who break the law will have any guns. Now go back to my first statement. There are already to many guns out in the states to be naive enough to believe that the bad guys couldn’t get their hands on them. Now to complete your idea, imagine how many more deaths will be brought about once we law abiding gun owners no long have one. Murder and robbery rates will increase tremendously! If you want to see the so called success of your so called gun free world take a very hard look at the gun related crime rates from a very strict no gun area. Just look at Chicago! It is gun free lol for the law abiding people that is. If the city is gun free why are their so damn many murders committed with guns. That one gun free city proves my entire point that only the lawful person will turn in their guns and with law enforcement out numbered so badly that only the lawful people loose!

I absolute hate what has happened, but I will not abide having my rights as written when this county was founded be taken away because the fbi, and several other parties involved passed the buck and knowingly allowed this mentally ill person to obtain and gun. By the way, the fbi has publicly stated they were more concerned with other matter and did not take a serious look at this kid!

jillicious and TriadSibling like this.
  2. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

You do realize assault rifle is a complete made up term used by the liberals who want gun control to pass right? Now if you want to go strictly by the applied definition then an AR-15 is in no shape fashion or form an assault weapon. It is a sporting weapon made to fire one round with each pull of the trigger. Now the military version that could actually be classified as an assault weapon can fire multiple rounds with a single pull of the trigger.

villager and jillicious like this.
  3. gwcc

gwcc Trusted Member

@pussycat

The US was the ONLY thing that stopped Nazi Germany from taking over all of Europe. No way Britain could have held out more than another 12 months. Without the arms and planes the US sent to Russian, they wouldn't have lasted either. And, of course, China and almost all of Asia would be under the boot of the emperor of Japan now (until the Nazis took them out to once they developed the A-bomb).

The US was the ONLY thing that stopped the USSR from expanding into western Europe. It took 10,000 tanks and 250,000 troops to do it. No other country in Europe could have even slowed down a Soviet invasion. When Iraq invaded Kuwait, it was the US that mobilized the force necessary to push them out and save that country from being raped.

The economy of the US still dwarfs any other country. It has been the global economic engine since the turn of the 1900 and has been the predominate wealth creator since the 2nd industrial revolution.

You are right, most of the folks here don't really care about what the rest of the world thinks. But we have 'cared about the rest of the world' enough to sacrifice the blood and treasure the of the US people to stop madmen from overrunning this world. Our navy still is the only one strong enough to keep internal sea lanes open for all.

And, with all that said, you are right on another matter. The USA is becoming a shell of what it was. We have embraced immorality, godlessness, tribalism, deviancy and just about anything else the Internet (another thing invented by the good ol' US) has allowed us to wallow in. We are balkanized - filled with hate and anger at those who vote another way, or think another way, or worship another way.

As Abraham Lincoln once said, a house divided against itself will not stand. And the US is a house deeply divided right now. Sadly, I don't see us turning it around. In 50 years, the US will have split into at least two countries, maybe 3.

villager, curiousFred and Zarp like this.
  4. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Couldn't agree more, but it's really North America, not the US.

For simplicity's sake, we can call them Civilization (Eastern Canada, New England and the Great lakes States), California (including BC and Alaska), Mexico (including Texas, New Mexico etc) and Jesusland (western Canada and whats left of the USA).

OK, all kidding aside, it actually makes more sense than what we have today, both geographically and philosophically. Everybody would be happier and it might even make economic sense.

:D

5. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

To be fair, I believe the Internet was invented by a Brit, but was created by the U.S.

pussycat likes this.
  6. Neophyte

I also believe that the people of the U.S. did not originally call themselves Americans. That label was foisted on us, but we turned the tables on them by taking it as our own and running with it. What was meant to be a derogatory term was turned of the creators and they probably rue the day they started it. It also has a much nicer ring to it than United Stateser.

7. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

I'll betcha those Russian hackers stole their identity, so they had to use a generic one.

curiousFred likes this.
  8. pussycat

Estados Unidos Mexicanos

( United States of Mexico )

9. pussycat

Al Gore

;)

Insp Gadget likes this.
  10. Neophyte

I heard Al Gore speech, what he said was that he invented the term "Information Super Highway". he never said he invented the "Internet", though he did not deny it when others mistook his statement.

11. pussycat

He's a Democrat so he must be right.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

12. texasj65

texasj65 Deviant Extraordinaire

Some people deserve to die, and a semi automatic rifle is an efficient tool for protecting my self/family.

Zarp likes this.
  13. Neophyte

blowing-raspberry-smiley-emoticon.gif

14. pussycat

Neophyte likes this.
  15. pussycat

True, but my Walther is all I need.

:)

16. J Nephew

J Nephew Trusted Member

The term and title of our Country comes from the original intent of the founders who created it. We call ourselves America, as a shortened title of: "The United States of America". intended to be a place where ANYONE, from ANYWHERE can come and become part of it. By the time of our War for Independence, the Colonies were filled by nearly every single religion, race, creed and color of skin. We are America, because of this.

17. TreeSP

TreeSP New Member

See people being out of their mind. People are killing, not guns. A knife, a homemade bomb, a gun or bare hands doesn't kill on their own. Even if the guns would be protected like governments are protecting gold, there would be always some illegal guns.

Even if you will give death penalty for illegal owning. The price of them will just go higher on streets because of the risk. But they will be there. And it will be more profitable for criminals. So, less drugs more weapons.
    If the country will ban them in whole country, there will be smuggled some. Coming from other country.
    Lets say you can eliminate them, there will be home made ones. The good? It will be harder to make an automatic one but they will still be there. Just less. Even though pistols are semi-automatic so, not much changes. What it takes? A threaded tube, a firing pin and a cap. Or even not threaded like shotgun. Bullet? Piece of metal (whatever is cheap. it will be inaccurate anyway), some gun powder and a shell. Oh and a primer which is a gain some gun powder.
    Okay even if you eliminated them + the homemade ones. There comes the bombs, knifes, traps or bare hands.

Do you really believe in this situation?!
    At a gun shop:
    -Hello, I need a gun
    -License?
    -I don't have one
    -I can't sell it then
    -Oh, okay thanks, then I will not kill the people I wanted to
    ....And the customer, ever since was a law obliged citizen because the guns were not available and he/she never went to make a bomb or get an illegal gun from black maker/street or try to kill those people or any other with other objects or bare hands.

Solution? Strict gun control but not very strict and give weapons to people who are in need of them. Some people are more likely to be assaulted and the best part EDUCATE THE PEOPLE. This way people who are in need will protect themselves. Police will protect from out of mind people (mentally ill) and from some criminals that left. Why I mean left? Because the more education the less criminals and idiots.

Solution 2? (not that good) Give everyone a gun. Everyone will defend themselves like the should - freely. There are many cons in this solution (like everyone carrying a gun and not many people will feel safe, people who can't keep an anger will shoot at first second, easy gun supply for any criminal and kids, etc). But this solution still works.

18. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

The biggest gap in your logic is when you said the police will protect. Now don’t get me wrong, most of the officers I know would do everything they could to protect people. The truth is the police can only react! They can’t protect because there aren’t enough of them to put an armed officer at each house and school and so on. They respond once a call has been made and most of the violent crimes be it with guns or knives or whatever is over by the time they can get there. So I choose to at least give myself a chance to survive lol enough for them to arrive and hopefully help me an my family and friends or at least to chase off the bad guy and survive to go home by carrying a gun concealed and lawfully. By the way this wasn’t an attack at you just stating the sad truth.

villager and TriadSibling like this.
  19. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

There was an armed officer outside the Florida school when the massacre took place, he chickened out, the yellow bellied snake.

20. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

Here in Melbourne Oz people are being shot by organized crime, motor cycle gangs, Lebanese gangs, Mafia, drug dealers.
    Robbers, carjackers, even young African gangs attack jewellery stores and clean them out violently.
    Crime is out of control and the lefty judges do fuck all, when the crims are caught.
    They are out on bail mostly immediately and carry on as before.
    They commit crimes/ murder while out on parole and the more people move into the city, which is bursting at the seams, the worse things get.
    It used to be heaven living here, now heaven has turned into hell for so many.

villager likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.