1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Do you believe in climate change?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Hatham, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Hatham

Hatham Trusted Member

A lot of deniers say climate change either isn’t happening or isn’t affected by humans. If you believe this, what is your political party and do you ignore other forms of science too?

2. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

It's very evident which side you are on. If you wanted to ask unbiased, fair questions, you would ask:

Do you believe Climate Change is being accelerated by Humans, and if so, by how much?
    Which political side of the Climate question do you most identify with?
    Do you accept the climate activist conclusion on the future of Earth's Climate?
    Are there other scientific conclusions you disagree with or are unsure of, and what are they?

3. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

Yes I believe in climate change.
    It's colder now than it was 6 months age, and much wetter.
    I'm pretty sure it will get hotter in 6 months.

4. jillicious

jillicious Incestuous Story Writer

I personally like lucky charms. Not the real lucky charms but the generic stuff that comes in a bag. I find the generic cereal is just the right amount of sweet without overpowering the taste buds.

If you disagree with me then you're a denier who belongs to a political party I don't like. You must be silenced.

That is all.

5. Tycho

Tycho Trusted.Member

God, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and Unicorns are matters of belief. Global warming is a scientific fact. All one has to do is compare the annual consumption of fossil fuels to the average temperature of the earth since the beginning of the industrial revolution and you will find they track quite well. If you have a better explanation, gather your facts and present you reasoning and science will judge whether your hypothesis is reasonable.

6. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

That hypothesis was used by Al Gore and it has been proven false. Yes, global warming is happening but it is a natural cycle of the earth's climate. Mainstream media won't give known and discovered facts because they have an agenda to bow to the liberals.

Ice cores drilled in the Antarctic show that the earth had cooled in millennium past that the poles were covered in a a permafrost. But then, after the permafrost warmed, warm, almost tropical conditions at the poles allowed ferns and other evergreens to grow. According to the core sample, the next stage was a cooling period which again, covered the poles in permafrost until this current age.

The Earth is warming. No doubt, no argument, but it is not caused by man. It is a natural phenomenon.

LISTEN HERE!
    We, as the inhabitants of this planet must adapt ourselves to the changes. NOT try to terraform our planet to OUR desires.
    The only reason the liberals push so hard in trying to make people believe we can change the climate is because there is a TON of money to be made by them. Are you really that naïve to think they are pushing this for the good of mankind??
    They hate mankind! They continually preach that man is a blight and parasite on the earth! The only thing on their agenda is to make as much money as they can off the ignorance of the normal person.

7. Neophyte

Brutus58 likes this.
  8. hrcom

hrcom Trusted Member

Global warming is happening and it is caused by primarily by humans. The science is just overwhelming

9. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Global warming has been happening since the end of the Ice Age. Did humans cause that? What was the Earth like prior to the Ice Age? A lot warmer than it is now. Recall the age of dinosaurs? Where did all these "fossil fuels" come from? From a hot, humid world. "Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only change from one form to another." Coal and oil are just forms of solar energy. Burning those fuels are just releasing stored solar energy.

I saw a video somewhere, this site or elsewhere, that the shifting of the North Pole is having a more dramatic effect on the climate than burning fossil fuels. Shifting of the pole is also causing a shift in the equator that is the real driving force of climate change. Australia is a pretty dramatic show of that effect. The shifting pole is causing the rotation of the earth to change. A couple of degrees change is all that is needed. Like the stock market, the earth is going through phase of adjustment. Maybe the earth is just going back to the "normal" environment prior to the Ice Age. Nothing anyone can say or do will stop it. Continents will shift, volcanoes will erupt and crazy liberals will never accept that.

Calist, Dane and curiousFred like this.
  10. Pistacia

Pistacia Account Deleted

Since we know that the majority of humans are arrogant. We will only know for sure after burning all the fossil fuels and wait for the earth to cool down.

The Sun use to be bigger millions of years ago. So we don't know for sure what happened in the past.

11. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Isn't it in the fossil record?

Calist and (deleted member) like this.
  12. texasj65

texasj65 Deviant Extraordinaire

The arrogance of man is astounding, but the doomsday religion of climate change has created a cult mentality.
    Like most religions, money and power are the driving factors.

Weather has always changed.
    It has been hotter.
    It has been colder.
    The seas have been higher.
    The seas have been lower.

Mankind is a blink in time on the geological time scale.
    It is utter hubris to believe that we can control the weather.
    We are lucky to be alive at a time when the planet is relatively pleasant.
    We should be better shepherds and clean up after ourselves.

Apoc666, orly6666, Dracoa and 3 others like this.
  13. Dad_lover

Dad_lover Account Deleted

In my area over the past decades annual snowfall has decreased considerably and mean temperature has risen. How can I not believe in climate change.

TempestMoon likes this.
  14. Neophyte

Actually the Sun use to be cooler millions of years ago. The Sun has been steadily increasing its energy output since it was born. The Sun is heating the Earth more today than 100 years ago and it will heat the Earth more a 100 years from now than it is today.

Calist, Brutus58, Dane and 1 other person like this.
  15. Neophyte

I've research the claims of the Global Warming proponents and their greatest argument is this. They have measured an increase in atmospheric CO2 which has increased faster in recent decades, they cannot explain the increase in the CO2 levels scientifically, but they correlate the increase happened at the same time that the Industrial Revolution happened. Taking satellite readings, they have measured an increase in infrared emissions at the frequency emitted by CO2, but they can't explain why this is happening because current science says this should not be happening. Also satellite measurements says there is a net imbalance in the solar radiation the Earth is exposed to and the heat radiation given off into space from the Earth, but they can find no evidence of where this net imbalance in heat energy is going. Also all of their climate modeling programs they are running predicts accelerated global temperature increase, even though every model so far have failed to accurately predict the current global temperature. Given all that they don't know of what is happening, they have decided that Mankind is responsible for the Global Warming and Mankind needs to stop doing whatever they are doing to stop Global Warming and when skeptics say we need to find out all the things we don't know before we take drastic measures, the proponents declare that the science is settled, no research is necessary and we need to act immediately so no-one will have time to see what is going on. I myself could be convinced of these claims, if the proponents would stop lying about what is really going on. Because they are lying, my position is nothing they say can be trusted.

Brutus58 and curiousFred like this.
  16. jillicious

jillicious Incestuous Story Writer

If politicians are to be believed we could stop global warming instantly if we just give them all of our little green pieces of paper.

Inger and Dane like this.
  17. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

First it was global warming, then the rains would stop, then it began pissing down.
    I think the whole global warming/climate change is turning into a new age religion.
    Some scientists say one thing, other scientists say the opposite.
    It is just like politics, most stuff coming out of their mouths is bullshit.
    Climate change has been happening for millennia, it is just a natural cycle.
    But believe whatever you wish.

Dane, Calist and Brutus58 like this.
  18. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

No one is asking you NOT to believe in climate change. There is, and always have been climate change. We are in one of the periods where the change is more dramatic than in recorded past. But it has happened like this before.

There are a number of ancient cities in Europe and Middle East region that are completely under water.
    They weren't built under water, the seas rose and covered them and the seas have not receded since.
    True that some are under water because of a major earthquake in the local area but the others are not near a fault at all.

Why aren't the climate fanatics and the media correlating these facts?
    It is because they are short sighted and are into making a quick buck. There is a lot more money to be made by preparing
    everyone for the future where we adapt to the change, again, we shouldn't be trying to terraform the planet.

Grandoise, Brutus58 and curiousFred like this.
  19. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

We have been terraforming the planet since we climbed down from the trees.

:rolleyes:

20. cancandiddid

cancandiddid Trusted Member

Need to stop the oil now guys!

TempestMoon and rida99 like this.